Cookies now cost $2 plus 20%

vkb2751

Speaking of cutbacks, can anyone ( @DingoMomperhaps?) currently on Equinox please confirm the pared down $9.95 Room Service breakfast menu for non-Aqua/Suite guests?  App shows only scrambled eggs (no fried, poached, omelets), no pancakes or French toast, no cold cuts and only three fruit choices (no assorted fruit plate).

I’m still having trouble believing this isn’t some kind of prank, but apparently it’s real. 

Honestly, if we weren’t already past final payment along with non refundable flights and hotels, I would move our next cruise to a different line. Have we really reached the point where a thread is dedicated to sharing free cookie hacks to “beat the man”? Yes—yes we have. 

Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

Really hoping that I will see we’ve worked ourselves into a tizzy over what amounts to an aggressive rollout of insignificant cost cutting measures and/or management will see the error of their ways by the time we sail and will have turned back the clock on some of the recent overreach (and degradation of the MDR menus—that one was the bridge too far for me). 

The members of this forum are the loyal geese who have been laying golden eggs for many years. That you would let some of those geese wander over to other farms over a $2.40 cookie is positively insane. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Celebrity's new motto "Luxury at an extra cost"

I am trying hard to find the luxury in all of this even with added cost.

For example take the room service menu.  It is a very skinny menu.  Very little that I would order off of it.

Compare it to a very nice hotel on land and there is no comparison.

I have my meal rolled out to the balcony and the table set up per my instructions with a very good menu at a very nice land hotel.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hankandteri said:

I’m still having trouble believing this isn’t some kind of prank, but apparently it’s real. 

Honestly, if we weren’t already past final payment along with non refundable flights and hotels, I would move our next cruise to a different line. Have we really reached the point where a thread is dedicated to sharing free cookie hacks to “beat the man”? Yes—yes we have. 

Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

Really hoping that I will see we’ve worked ourselves into a tizzy over what amounts to an aggressive rollout of insignificant cost cutting measures and/or management will see the error of their ways by the time we sail and will have turned back the clock on some of the recent overreach (and degradation of the MDR menus—that one was the bridge too far for me). 

The members of this forum are the loyal geese who have been laying golden eggs for many years. That you would let some of those geese wander over to other farms over a $2.40 cookie is positively insane. 

It could be a prank.  🫥  

You have to wonder though.  I seem to remember many years ago, over a period of time, they raised the prices for Speciality Restaurants, then packaged them and then raised prices again till they reached a strong resistance level.  With the bottom line, that prices/profits went up.  They still do this process of  raising the individual price and then do a package price that is higher than previous individual prices if added together.

11 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I never cared for LLP, but the new CEO has her beat in the outrageous department! She's only a few months into her reign. I can hardly wait to see what outrage is next. Our next booked cruise will likely be our last booking with X if all of these changes stay. Hiking prices and keeping the quality of the product is one thing. Hiking prices and then charging for every little thing is entirely another.😡

Ooh bad news, there's now a Stop Sail fee. You can subscribe to the annual plan which allows you to not sail with Celebrity during a calendar year though!

8 hours ago, Ocdublin said:

Can someone please give me the email address of the executive offices!  I done with this stuff!

Ooh more bad news, there's now an email contact service fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It was never a "luxury" line, X was a premium line. Their prices have reached a point where it might pay to try a real luxury line, if you like the smaller ships. You need to add in the cost of cookies in the pricing structure. 

It's a shame that "Celebrity Cruisers" is not around to affirm or deny the claims.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Cap_D said:

Depending on their supplier, but here's one they use frequently, the cookie costs 37.4 cents.   

https://gfsstore.com/products/675504/

675504-PWB-6.jpg

If using frozen dough and baking onboard the price drops to 16.6 cents from a frequent supplier.  

https://gfsstore.com/products/113125/

The likelihood anyone is mixing flour, sugar, eggs, fat, salt, etc. from scratch is very low.  

A single Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie trails for $3.19 at some malls, and a  single cookie at Whole Foods is $1.50 - $2 depending on location, but less if you buy a package. 

However at the mall you've not had to pay $$$K to enter.

• Like 1

On a 7 day Celebrity cruise if all 2500 passengers buy 1 cookie, that would now equate to $5000 in increased revenue. Over 52 weeks that would be $260,000 in new revenue plus another $52,000 in crew gratuities, so the little things do add up.

Edited by terrydtx

We will not be on our next cruise until Nov. I’m a big fan of the oatmeal raisin cookies in Al Bacio. If they begin charging it will be all the  less calories for me!  Much easier to walk by and pass them up rather than pick up two of them!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sonnycruises said:

Not on the Eclipse in May 2023

No cookies by ice cream on Silhouette right now… they are putting the bread pudding or other warming tray desserts next to the ice cream at this point.  Three types of cookies in Cafe al Bacio, plus the other rotating selection of pastries and desserts depending on time of day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

When I was on in June the coffee machine had gone but the cupboard on which it stood was still there.

Regards,

Cublet

We have the coffee station on Silhouette this week… deck 7, I believe.  I have seen it from the elevator.

14 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Are we allowed to laugh if this turns out to be much ado about nothing? 🙃

Yes for sure!  Even if it proves to be false, it is not out of the realm of nickeling and diming of past behavior.

I like a post that suggested Celebrity could sell a benefit where you do not have to sail for a year and thus not have to spend money (if I read the comment correctly)

That would be a funny thread.

18 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Are we allowed to laugh if this turns out to be much ado about nothing? 🙃

It seems to be exactly that. It's just been confirmed there are still free cookies at Al Bacio....so 5 pages of hysteria for nout! 

Any chance the thread title can be changed to "cookies are still free but there is an option for a different type of cookie that wasn't previously available and that costs $2"?! Granted that is a bit of a mouthful and not quite as catchy as the current, albeit incorrect, thread title!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Agree! I wouldn’t buy one just for the principle of them charging for a cookie. Ridiculous. Talking about nickel and dimeing. 

Price of inflation: Loonies and Toonies for Canadians..