Cookies now cost $2 plus 20%

vkb2751

46 minutes ago, OysterD said:

It seems to be exactly that. It's just been confirmed there are still free cookies at Al Bacio....so 5 pages of hysteria for nout!

Like many of these other changes, they are not making them on all ships at the same time, but it does look to be real on Equinox...

image.png.ed202abe61635f1dabf315d1817b4c68.png

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

When I was on in June the coffee machine had gone but the cupboard on which it stood was still there.

Regards,

Cublet

I think you only looked on 1 side. Looking down the cupboard on the right is indeed just a cupboard. The one on the left still has the coffee machine - closed temporarily after the restart (all drinks had to be served) then reopened. Fully restocked every morning at around 08.00 and the "nice man" brought me 2  cartons of skimmed milk at that time.

1 hour ago, Cap_D said:

Lemon Squares are available at the Gordon Food Service store in Hollywood, Florida. How does this compare to what is available on the ships? 

The desserts on the ships look better than they taste. Taste nothing like the items at bakeries near us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting.  I was actually looked at the cookies at the gelato station last time on Apex.   I ate quite a bit of ice cream there and I thought the cookies there do not look that great, so I did not get one.  However, I see that a lot of people ordered it with their ice cream in a cup.   BTW, I have never seen anyone ordered the gelato because it is not free.  I only get my free scoop for the entire cruise.   To be honest, I found the regular ice cream there tasted better than the scoop of gelato I got.   And there is no way I would pay $2 for that tiny cookie.   Maybe they will start charging for the ice cream and toppings next.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OysterD said:

Has anyone confirmed whether the free cookies from Al Bacio have been removed and now the only option is the $2 ones at the gelato station? 

If the free ones are still there then I'm not sure what all the hoopla is about. If they are gone then I agree, it's ridiculous to start charging for them. 

Seems like their $10 burger and hot dogs charge all over again. Will they ever learn?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I think you only looked on 1 side. Looking down the cupboard on the right is indeed just a cupboard. The one on the left still has the coffee machine - closed temporarily after the restart (all drinks had to be served) then reopened. Fully restocked every morning at around 08.00 and the "nice man" brought me 2  cartons of skimmed milk at that time.

Like I said,,,I was on Silhouette in May 2023 and The Hideaway was not there,no machine,no jugs,no milk,no sachets…nothing but cupboards.

That was only 3 months ago,,,,maybe there was a kickback and it was reinstated.

Dont try to make out people didn’t see what you did.

My cabin for 10 days was on Deck 7 on the hump and I walked past that area several times daily.,,at that time The Hideaway was never open.

Btw,,,I am only talking about Silhouette out of Southampton where all cabins have coffe/tea making facilities.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

11 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Seems like their $10 burger and hot dogs charge all over again. Will they ever learn?

I was reading a post on a cruise media site that talked about how RCL was going to start charging for the Pizza on their ships. Before they did this, they sent out questionnaires to get an idea of how their loyalty members felt about this. The responses were 10 to 1 against charging for pizza and RCL backed down and decided not to change.

Edited by terrydtx

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I was reading a post on a cruise media site that talked about how RCL was going to start charging for the Pizza on their ships. Before they did this, they sent out questionnaires to get an idea of how their loyalty members felt about this. The responses were 10 to 1 against charging for pizza and RCL backed down and decided not to change.

That they even considered it, and polled it reveals they have no idea about how to generate goodwill or hospitality.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

That they even considered it, and polled it reveals they have no idea about how to generate goodwill or hospitality.  

I am convinced the whole RCL Group is looking for new ways to nickel and dime their way to bigger profits.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, sunseeker551 said:

I agree. To me they look fantastic but they all taste the same.  Disappointing.

I’m on Summit now and the included (nothing is Free) deserts at Cafe Al Bacio are delicious.

they have a cheesecake of the day 4 kinds of cookies!

my favorite is the White Chocolate/Macadamia nut cookies. 
I think the colorful ones in the OVC are prettier than they are sweet Oh well the Ice Cream makes up for it.😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wondering if the $2.00 cookies are specialty cookies.   In the description it says - Warm Hand Crafted. 

I also think they are different…probably still included cookies available elsewhere…I am not a big sweets guy, I usually drink my calories. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It may backfire, for me personally I would never pay $2 for a cookie on a ship (plus tip for someone to literally just hand it over). I would either live without it or pick up something else for free, sure I don't mind paying for extras on say MSC but my cruise fare is far lower. When paying a lot of money for X there are certain expectations of what's included.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Does Equinox have a Hideaway and if yes, where would I find it ?

It’s on Deck 7 in the area marked Team Earth as you come out of the mid ship lifts.

It in the seating area,,,just look for the people in the comfy chairs with their Kindles on their laps with their eyes closed and mouths open.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The cost raising efforts are a two edged sword in my view. On the one hand they enhance the bottomline. On the other side they may send the unintended message to potential cruisers that Celebrity as a brand is in deep trouble. I went through the Crystal bankruptcy and that was painful to my wallet and I no longer will put my money at risk. 

Edited by Orator
  • Like 2