enchanted Princess bathroom nightlight

sunsetme

20 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

Should we bring our own?? 

I bring a little battery op led candle for the bathroom. Works great, just turn it on a night.  Dollar store. Lasts a couple of weeks or more.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

I used to do the tea lights, and later had usb powered Christmas lights that I attached to the mirror with a suction cup.  But before my most recent cruise I ordered from Amazon motion activated lights on recommendation of someone on CC.  I got a pack of two.  It charges by standard usb, has on, off and auto settings, bright and less bright.  It has a magnet on the back, and I stuck it on the wall across from the toilet.  It went on when movement sensed, stayed on about 20-30 seconds, then a slight movement turned it on again.  Pictures worth a thousand words:

IMG_0270.jpeg

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

• Like 2

If you are bringing your own nightlight, make sure to bring one that is battery operated or has non polarized plugs.  The only socket in the bathroom doesn't allow for polarized plugs and has a cover which might hinder your ability to plug one in.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Maira11 said:

There is a big light next to the bathroom door, on the outside. It's motion activated and you can use the bathroom if the door is not closed.

Swell, just what I need, a light going on in the room every time my husband gets up to use the bathroom! 😒

On 8/26/2023 at 3:55 AM, Maira11 said:

There is a big light next to the bathroom door, on the outside. It's motion activated and you can use the bathroom if the door is not closed.

They must have just added those lights.

Great idea. 

53 minutes ago, Maira11 said:

Yes, I found it very convenient too. It's around the corner, so it isn't too bad if anyone else is sleeping.

We normally sleep with the bathroom door open a crack and the light on, anyway. I hated to turn on the light over the closet area since it was also connected to a ceiling light over the bed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sunsetme said:

we bring duct tape for that annoying light

That's what we do too....I always bring a night lite that plugs in to the outlet in the bathroom

Who needs a glaring light like the one from their sensor!

22 hours ago, sunsetme said:

we bring duct tape for that annoying light

Please don't use duct tape. It leaves a residue that is a real pain in the butt for the steward to have to remove. Painters tape is inexpensive and works quite well while never leaving a residue behind. I carry some wrapped around an old Popsicle stick. It's small and easy to pack.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Please don't use duct tape. It leaves a residue that is a real pain in the butt for the steward to have to remove. Painters tape is inexpensive and works quite well while never leaving a residue behind. I carry some wrapped around an old Popsicle stick. It's small and easy to pack.

good idea

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I wrap my painters tape around an old gift card. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:51 PM, sunsetme said:

yes.

This is what I used on Enchanted last November. We didn't have any motion activated lights in the deluxe balcony cabin. I plug it in the bathroom, because I am night blind, but I don't want to wake up the entire family by keeping it outside the bathroom. I crack the bathroom door open and keep the night light on a dim setting - just enough for me to make it to the bathroom without falling or stumbling into furniture. I get up a couple of times a night, but nobody else in my family does.

20221128_203202.jpg

20221128_203211.thumb.jpg.97d90094b4e04a02157f83e50ce30042.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 8/25/2023 at 7:51 PM, sunsetme said:

Maybe-- On one of our cruises, I brought a motion detector night light for the bathroom but, it would turn off when there was no movement in the bathroom, 😒 placing you in total darkness, bummer.  So, instead, for future cruises I placed one (or two) of those tea lights in the bathroom; provided just enough light for your nighttime bathroom visit. 😄

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2023 at 2:55 AM, Maira11 said:

It will also blind you LOL! If anybody can recommend a way to screen it a bit (without damaging the cabin ceiling) I’d give that a try

• Like 1