And another one bites the dust!

trvlwrld

For the last week almost every cruise I look at says current pricing not available.   Yes, I have reinstalled, cleared caches, restarted, rebooted, deleted…done it all, but all the cruises I have been looking to book say the same thing.  The one exception finally showed a price today and it is $1400 more than when I looked a little over a week ago!  I have reluctantly been able to put aside my frustrations with all the “new” charges and call center issues,  but enough is enough!  I know many here have jumped ship to Celebrity or HAL, but I really wanted to stay with Princess.  Good-bye Princess, hello Celebrity!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

For the last week almost every cruise I look at says current pricing not available.   Yes, I have reinstalled, cleared caches, restarted, rebooted, deleted…done it all, but all the cruises I have been looking to book say the same thing.  The one exception finally showed a price today and it is $1400 more than when I looked a little over a week ago!  I have reluctantly been able to put aside my frustrations with all the “new” charges and call center issues,  but enough is enough!  I know many here have jumped ship to Celebrity or HAL, but I really wanted to stay with Princess.  Good-bye Princess, hello Celebrity!

Do you have Plus selected this time?

Which voyage?

It's like those celebrities who get their undies in a bunch whenever some politician gets elected they don't like. "We're moving to 'some other country'!" Yet, they never do no matter how much we wish they would.

Personally I keep thinking I would like to try some other line like Seabourn but I never do. The IRA says NO!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

I am not sure I understand your post. Are you posting your frustration that when you check on the Princess site, on your device,  the sailings you were interesting in booking, all returned ‘current pricing not available’? 

How many sailings and was this true for ‘any’ sailing, so you would get pricing for others but not the ones you were specifically searching?

Did you happen to check other booking sites, to see if pricing would display?

Yes, sometimes the Princess website would have issues and return pricing not available, could be sailing is sold out or working on inventory or repricing in the background, etc. 

If you attempted to try and get pricing through other channels and they also returned, not available, then I do not understand your issue as it would mean the sailing is not available to book for whatever reason.

Prices do change, so I assume when you saw the price of the cruise that now shows $1400 more than when you saw it a little over a week ago, you did not book or hold it, so now that it is showing even more, what’s your point? 

Are you upset that you were not able to see the price for about a week and now that it shows and is much higher you feel if you saw the price going up you would have booked?

Checking other booking portals would have verified if the Princess site was acting up or the sailing was truly unavailable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, memoak said:

If everyone who posts here that they were gone did it I would be sailing on half empty ships

It may take a while for the effects to become apparent. Most keen cruisers have a cruise or two already locked in, some of which can't be refunded or got out of so easily.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

I’ve been having the same issue with “Pricing not available”.    Was able to see pricing on the Firefox browser (but not on Edge or Chrome).   Annoying!

It is annoying but it ain't that hard to open another browser. It's good that you at least found the pricing and perhaps the OP didn't have the knowledge to try another browser.

• Like 1

Ah, interesting, I was having that problem as well with pricing not available over the weekend. I thought it was the use of a VPN. I got off it and it was back to showing me pricing. Good to know I'm not the only one with the issue. I don't like to have to call a TA either for pricing because they won't have the patience for my requests. I spend HOURS researching everything, different ships, cabins, I put it all on a spreadsheet and compare pricing and amenities. Then break it down to what I want quoted. I like to know pricing before I book so I make an education choice, for me, on our next cruise.

I know there has been lots of frustration with Princess loyal folks, for myself included. I think for my family, we won't "never sail Princess again", but have moved on to exploring best options for itineraries we want to do. Princess will no longer be our first stop and book. It's probably better for us this way anyway. Home port sailing will still win out for us for most cruises, but we now have more than Princess to research prior to booking, more "work" required finding the best options.  We have branched out, have one cruise booked with Princess and looking to book another cruise soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I think that is fine, have a Celebrity cruise booked in October, but currently every single thing is higher on Celebrity than Princess.

That's an understatement ;o) In the weeks before our recent trip on the Equinox, I was checking the pricing for an equivalent balcony cabin for our sailing.  We had originally paid a little over $4K when we booked a year earlier, but just prior to sailing the going rate for an identical cabin on our sailing went as high as $9K and seemed average about $6K. It sure paid to book ahead in our case.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, memoak said:

If everyone who posts here that they were gone did it I would be sailing on half empty ships

We have the same thing happening over at Celebrity. Others are checking Oceania or the higher end lines. I've canceled 4 Celebrity cruises this year all in suites. We have a Celebrity cruise next month and another in June. Hopefully the cruise industry will settle down by next June. We have not cruised Princess in 12 years. I booked a penthouse aft suite for Feb on Discovery. Going to see if the grass it green over at Princess. I do know my pocket is greener. 🤑

• Like 4

14 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

Agree.  We are trying to stay with Princess but all the issues we have had with the Philippine call center, being put on hold for over 30 minutes is the new norm, and then not being able to do simple procedures such as adding a FCD to a booking have just become too frustrating.  The Princess zealots will say get a TA of it it is worse at CCL or RCCL do not seem to care either about what is really going on at Princess.  Hope you really enjoy Celebrity.

• Like 1

Yes, tried all the suggestions above (thx for those BTW).  I want to be in charge of my own booking, making educated choices before booking with my TA…if I called them every time I wanted to check pricing, I’m sure they would block my calls ASAP for taking up so much of their time!  I currently have 2 cruises booked that are fully paid for so can’t jump ship quite yet.  Celebrity is a bit higher, but will be trying them for 2 cruises next year…. Also tried river cruising last month, so those combined with land tours may be our next new adventures!

• Like 1

We recently cancelled our Regal Princess cruise for this coming weekend, due to an unforeseen  crisis at home.  Just booked Enchanted for 2024 (will be using our FCC to cover the cost) and Majestic TA for July 2025 stopping in Iceland.  Probably one of the very best TA itineraries we’ve ever seen on any cruiseline. We also have Celebrity Ascent booked for 2024 at a much higher fare than both of our Princess sailings.  I know many of you are angry about the recent changes and rightly so.  However, even with the cost of Plus or Premier packages added on,  Celebrity cannot come close to Princess in price.  We love Celebrity, but most of our future cruises will be with Princess with the Plus package.  

• Like 3

On 8/28/2023 at 2:46 AM, leck57 said:

It is annoying but it ain't that hard to open another browser. It's good that you at least found the pricing and perhaps the OP didn't have the knowledge to try another browser.

Sure, it's not "that hard to open another browser".    It also shouldn't be that hard for Princess to make sure their site works with any of the 3 major browsers.      Other major companies seem able to manage to make their site work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

Sure, it's not "that hard to open another browser".    It also shouldn't be that hard for Princess to make sure their site works with any of the 3 major browsers.      Other major companies seem able to manage to make their site work.

Unfortunately, they are not alone. NCL told me their website did not work well with Microsoft edge.

5 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

Oh, i agree with you completely,  but sometimes we just have to help ourselves. It's a mystery to me why some sites work on some browsers when others don't but that's beyond my tech level. 

• Like 1

I think there are significant negative issues with all mass market cruise lines at the moment.  We are doing a SE Asia land trip January 2025.  We thought it might add another element of interest to combine it with a cruise.  Wow, what an eye opener!  I looked at Princess first…not doing the region we wanted in 2025.  Then Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.  I read many current reviews of the ships that were pertinent.  So many unhappy cruisers, so many cuts in food quality and variety, such an increase in cost.  The overall repeated theme is that the cruiser is spending much more for much less.  

Then I checked the luxury lines.  There was some grumbling there as well but not to the extreme of the mass market lines.  Holy cow the price!  We would willingly spend double but when it’s exponentially more money for visiting the same ports it’s not worth it to us.  (This is a cheap region of the world too.)  We could spend the money but the product would never match our expectations of paying so much more.

We have decided to upgrade our land accommodations to luxury hotels and add one more country by land.  We will have a much more immersive experience by staying 3-4 days in each city than 10-12 hours.  Even with the increase in hotels, budget for food, private drivers and small group or private tours we are money ahead by thousands verses going with a luxury line.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Celebrity has completely lost  us on price. Now it will be either Princess or HAL. We want Alaska,2025, RT from Seattle, but Princess' itineraries do nothing for us. So it'll be HAL by default.

What's wrong with the 2025 Princess Alaska itineraries? I'm booked on the Ultimate Alaska round trip Seattle departing on 6 May 2025. It looks like the best Alaska itinerary I've seen in a long time.

• Like 1