New Menus for Luminae

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Winemaker_1 said:

The X app shows the Lunimae menu with pricing next to coffee drinks.  Are these not included?

They are included under you drink package if you have one.   Some like Blue  Chip comped cruises do not include drink packages.

3 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I am not seeing Luminae menus on the app. Eclipse, 12/7-23. Any ideas?

Won't be loaded until closer to cruise date.   I would recommend choosing a similar Current Cruise on Eclipse (#days) and it should show.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They are included under you drink package if you have one.   Some like Blue  Chip comped cruises do not include drink packages.

We do celebrity music charters and in sky suite and I believe celebrity suites drinks are not included, but normal perks for royal and penthouse, all the ships so fate have been M class, we now do royal suites but had no issues getting all our drinks from suite lounge on sky suites . 

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Won't be loaded until closer to cruise date.   I would recommend choosing a similar Current Cruise on Eclipse (#days) and it should show.

What has happened to lunch menus on sea days, is the restaurant closed

4 minutes ago, swigso said:

Are you looking at the current cruise?  There's no point at looking at future cruises (maybe beyond the next week or so) as the menus aren't populated properly.

12 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Are you looking at the current cruise?  There's no point at looking at future cruises (maybe beyond the next week or so) as the menus aren't populated properly.

I am just looking at our cruises in March and neither show Luminae open for lunch on sea days 😱

14 minutes ago, swigso said:

I am just looking at our cruises in March and neither show Luminae open for lunch on sea days 😱

I'm guessing the diners only show dessert.  Again, the menus are NOT up to date in sailings months from now.  I'm sure Luminae will be open for lunch on sea days, unless they make a change and you'll hear about it from people currently sailing.

2 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I'm guessing the diners only show dessert.  Again, the menus are NOT up to date in sailings months from now.  I'm sure Luminae will be open for lunch on sea days, unless they make a change and you'll hear about it from people currently sailing.

My next cruise will be on the Equinox. Day 6 of the current sailing is a sea day and there’s no lunch menu. I don’t really know what to think. Embarkation day snd day 2 (a sea day) do have lunch menus showing. 

On 8/29/2023 at 11:37 AM, Jim_Iain said:

One of Iain's top peeves is their liberty with misleading names of dishes.  An example is the Guinea Hen -  which isn't a Guinea Hen and is probably a Cornish Game Hen -   the two have a very different body shape.

I kidded him and said at least they still have your Guinea Hen.

By the way this is what a guinea foul looks like and is the size of a small chicken and is a Game Bird while a Cornish is not.

image.jpeg.c6de43a2fde54d91f0ade6e4dea77a10.jpeg

vs Cornish Hen

image.jpeg.207d8730098c5ef02cf903ebdb5195fd.jpeg

My Dad had guineas when he grew up in South Georgia..he said they were great guard birds. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

My next cruise will be on the Equinox. Day 6 of the current sailing is a sea day and there’s no lunch menu. I don’t really know what to think. Embarkation day snd day 2 (a sea day) do have lunch menus showing. 

Unless you are boarding Equinox tomorrow, you should think that the app is not accurate.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I believe we are on same cruise.  I do not think it’s accurate until we board.  If I’m wrong I will treat you to lunch in Oceanview!  

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 12:45 PM, Winemaker_1 said:

The creative re-naming of fish has been a marketing joke for decades:  Orange Roughy (Slimehead), Chilean Sea Bass (Patagonia Toothfish), Mahi Mahi (Dolphinfish).  Euphemistic names notwithstanding, nearly 20% of all fish is incorrectly labelled, whether intentionally or not.

I agree and wonder what exactly the "Dover Sole" is that they serve in Murano.  Nevertheless , it is very good but not quite as good as what I had in Jersey years ago. BTW, that 20% is probably much higher in reality.

1 hour ago, swigso said:

Luminae is open on sea days and closed when in port, if there is a outdoor retreat you can get lunch there since that is open , very limited menu but they have a good burger.

The Luminae menu for our Sept 15th departure on Millennium has not been updated yet. We are curious to see what it will be upon boarding and refreshing the app. I really just want to better plan a couple of specialty meals but it looks like I will have to wait.

1 hour ago, quicklabs said:

Please give me a moment, friends...mourning the passing of my treasured Raspberry Pistachio Vacherin.

Agreed the Vacherin was good but I have to confess that over the last five or six years I have had it many times and a change is always nice.... looking forward to trying something new next month😎

On 8/29/2023 at 4:25 PM, kwokpot said:

Seems like the revised Luminae entrees are skewing towards Asian influences as we have two examples, a fish with a Japanese Eel Sauce and a Duck with a Chinese Cha Siu BBQ sauce. 

Weirdly enough, cha siu sauce is not normally eaten with duck AFAIK. It seems like a Western take on Asian food.

On 8/29/2023 at 1:23 PM, terrydtx said:

Being from South Texas I will really miss the Huevos Rancheros as it is as close to Tex Mex as I can get on a cruise ship. The truffle omelets were also a very unique breakfast taste.

They sound delicious but never figured out how to eat them.  The shell looked too crisp to eat with a fork. 

4 hours ago, quicklabs said:

Please give me a moment, friends...mourning the passing of my treasured Raspberry Pistachio Vacherin.

Me too...    It is my Go To -   Luminae has Chocolate Overload  

• Like 2