Oasis of the sea questions

11 minutes ago, Cruise Girl Forever said:

Hi,  We booked a last minute cruise on the Oasis of the sea.  October 2023  If anyone has gone on recently can you tell me if the solarium Has a retractable roof?

If the solarium bistro for breakfast has an omelet station?  And one more, who is the tribute band?

Royal has pulled all tribute bands for 2023.  House bands only. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

27 minutes ago, Cruise Girl Forever said:

Hi,  We booked a last minute cruise on the Oasis of the sea.  October 2023  If anyone has gone on recently can you tell me if the solarium Has a retractable roof?

If the solarium bistro for breakfast has an omelet station?  And one more, who is the tribute band?

Yes the solarium had a egg station where they cooked eggs and omelettes. 

6 hours ago, Cruise Girl Forever said:

No retractable roof, yes to omelet station and no more tribute bands, it's all house bands and maybe a band or singer for the Headliner show in the theater, but no tribute or cover bands for the time being.  

No retractable roof but there is a nice outdoor area just past the solarium.   This was my go to spot most days.   

I had the worst time trying to get an omelet made in the solarium, they kept telling me to pick one from the pre-made ones they had sitting there.   

No omelet station in the Jammer so I would go to MDR to get my made to order omelets.   Good Luck!

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has pulled all tribute bands for 2023.  House bands only. 

I'm wondering if that might have started to chang...  Phoenix is schedule to play Oasis in December and DSB is scheduled on Ovation in September

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm wondering if that might have started to chang...  Phoenix is schedule to play Oasis in December and DSB is scheduled on Ovation in September

That would be great. We had a Journey tribute band on oasis in February and it was great. We sail Oasis again in 3 weeks, hoping they have one scheduled! 

5 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

That would be great. We had a Journey tribute band on oasis in February and it was great. We sail Oasis again in 3 weeks, hoping they have one scheduled! 

So far all I've found is the two I mentioned but I'm still searching.  I loved the tribute bands onboard. It was one of my favorite parts of the entertainment on board.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No omelet station in the Jammer so I would go to MDR to get my made to order omelets. 

Hi! When we went on Oasis at the end of July, they did have an omelet station in the WJ, but it was somewhat hidden.  There was a worker standing at the end of one area that said Eggs and more (or something to that effect). She gave you a beeper after you gave your order. It was probably the most efficient omelet station I have experienced in any WJ, and it was likely because there was no big sign or line. 

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Hi! When we went on Oasis at the end of July, they did have an omelet station in the WJ, but it was somewhat hidden.  There was a worker standing at the end of one area that said Eggs and more (or something to that effect). She gave you a beeper after you gave your order. It was probably the most efficient omelet station I have experienced in any WJ, and it was likely because there was no big sign or line. 

Good to hear they have one now.    Last August/September they did not.    I was in the area for Eggs and was told they were not making made to order omelets.   This was on two separate days so I gave up and just went to the MDR, especially since we do not like the layout of the WJ on Oasis class ships. 

IMO, Anthem has one of the best WJs.   I'm going to have to assume the layout is the same for all Quantum class ships.   

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I love Phoenix. Their schedule shows them on Oasis Thanksgiving week - we don't sail Oasis until 12/3. Argh!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

I luckily found it because I love the made to order omelets and never would have bothered with the MDR as we had 3 little grandkids with us 6 and under. 😉 🍳

When is your next cruise? 

I remember you talking about that sailing with the Grandkids.   Sounded like lots of fun. 

We will be on Serenade for the 12 night repo cruise departing from Tampa on 9.12. 

We are flying to Tampa Sunday morning and will catch up with some friends that moved to Clearwater last year.

How about you?  When do you sail again?

On 9/4/2023 at 7:40 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

No omelet station in the Jammer so I would go to MDR to get my made to order omelets.   Good Luck!

22 hours ago, mets07 said:

Hi! When we went on Oasis at the end of July, they did have an omelet station in the WJ, but it was somewhat hidden.  There was a worker standing at the end of one area that said Eggs and more (or something to that effect). 

Confirming this to be my experience on Oasis as well. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 10:03 PM, Cruise Girl Forever said:

Solarium bistro opens at 9am. Main dining room serves brunch from 8:30- noon with no lunch service. Solarium roof is not fully enclosed but not retractable as posted.  Windjammer has a made to order omelette station , it is located where burgers and fries are placed for lunch and dinner.

Edited by meadowlander

2 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Solarium bistro opens at 9am. Main dining room serves brunch from 8:30- noon with no lunch service. Solarium roof is not fully enclosed but not retractable as posted.  Windjammer has a made to order omelette station , it is located where burgers and fries are placed for lunch and dinner.

That is the same place I found the omelette station on Ovation and Quantum.