The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 5th, 2023

richwmn

Good afternoon all , I am very late to the party , have been busy making a huge pot of beautiful tomato soup with the good fruit from my garden , but I love to show a few very nice pictures of Trieste , I know everybody wants to see Venice but they do not want us anymore , we don’t spend enough money . ........... But they still want to built our new ships there ! 

Trieste is a very nice city to explore on your own or to use as a place to go into Slovenia which is a beautiful country to visit , I of coarse have to say that because this is the country that gave me my dear wife or as everybody says on CC , DW .

This was turnaround day when we were on the Oosterdam on Sept 27 , 2022 , we just got of the ship and walked almost right away in to the heart of the city 

image.thumb.jpeg.f3cc6dfae05b38617789943db874e351.jpeg

I won’t tell you the names of the buildings because in half an hour you forget the names anyways 

image.thumb.jpeg.4faa41c8fb56747f54f3e9b1703592fc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.189d0c92499da9e8b0d90d86965f0303.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52fe906c1eeacf4b266e4ab70ea5b8a9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e9e85049cef8279a9930a014515bc57e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c15bd28cecbbc0115f55e9a755be76ef.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bdea18883e32b2923d7e86c5d141f815.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d086310425767172452e27e4defc565f.jpeg

Wrong guy hon 

image.thumb.jpeg.8a721374ff044100d70ef15fcc509529.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.581bedd221097af627c7ddc4ad39fb11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3970b518e8dc576beca5e606897a9473.jpeg

Yes this is the life !  ( At home I am not allowed Coke anymore , I was told it is bad for you ) 

image.thumb.jpeg.537c7efac5fe4ee9a950b417dab0cee1.jpeg

Back on board the Oosterdam . This to show you how close we are here to Slovenia look at this mountain ridge  behind their you are already in Slovenia , go there you will love it ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.fa22c4f68981fd629c7ab1d6fb433da4.jpeg

As you can see we left quite late because we only had to go a few miles to reach Koper the next morning as the crow flies about 15 miles . 

image.thumb.jpeg.a46f33a092535b36f532ec01fc86dd49.jpeg

We had a very nice day in Trieste and hope to get back there soon .

image.thumb.jpeg.65897a55244e60fa9e1dfcfec4bda203.jpeg

Cheers everybody !

Tony 😁😁
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon from a sunny Tucson.  Margherita pizza is Craig’s favorite and I make it at home but not in a skillet. I prefer sausage on mine so I sometimes do both. 

Yesterday’s lunch with DM was nice but the food not so much. However, they do make good shrimp cocktail. Ribs were just okay and salmon overcooked. They had sangria but it was just grape juice with fruit and a flower. I put the flower in my hair. Mom’s friend Anne ate with us and the staff brought Mom a slice of apple pie with a candle and sang Happy Birthday. Many people stopped by to say Happy Birthday.  

08C1043F-D74B-457C-9777-C1518FC21CE0.thumb.jpeg.1cd627d03079e3dad1c2b0fefc030ee9.jpeg

We are having leftovers today. I made smoked pork chops the other day which were wonderful. Used an apple chunk and it was perfect. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'm rarely late for appointments, thankfully. I'm late for my coffee today as I'm just having it (I don't like to eat before PT). I like pizza but wouldn't have just cheese unless nothing else was available. I like pepperoni, and sometimes onions or green peppers in addition. We should be charitable every day. One of Ghandi's most famous quotes, and a great one. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I have been to Italy, but not Trieste. An important day in history.

It is HOT outside! The thermometer says 90 and the heat index of 95F. Some schools here are doing remote classes, as the schools don't have air conditioning. I'll be inside the rest of the day. I'm just back from PT and then a quick grocery store visit. The spotted lantern flies are still a nuisance. Many around the grocery store and my PT building. You have to get in the car quickly to keep any from getting inside.

@Crazy For Cats Nice moody photos of the fog and sunrise, Jake. I'm glad to hear that your DM was well enough to be moved out of the ICU. I hope they find the cause of her passing out, so it doesn't happen again. Nice photos from your nature park excursion and downtown.

@grapau27 Condolences to Sarah on the loss of her friend. I hope you had no surprises at the dentist today.

@HAL4NOW I like that ethereal photo from the ship. Thanks for the church photos too.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad the house is mostly back together. You and DH deserve a nice dinner out!

@ottahand7 I know closing up the cabin is a lot of work; I was teasing you. Lovely flowers and butterflies.

@smitty34877 I hope you get better sleep tonight. I was up too late, woke up to post the Cares List, then was able to fall back asleep for about another hour and a half.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I am so glad River has you and Sue in her life to give her a sense of normalcy.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope DH's appointment went well with the neurosurgeon. 

@marshhawk I hope Hope the dog is ok. Your job situation makes my head spin!

@catmando Thanks for the photos yesterday, including you and your DW. I'm sorry to hear about your brother Scott's stroke - prayers for a good recovery for him.

@RMLincoln BON VOYAGE! Have a great cruise! I can see you leaving now on the webcam. I know it's somewhat hard with the passing of your friend, but I'm sure she'd want you to enjoy it.

@Nickelpenny I hope you feel better by tomorrow and that it was just the shot that made you feel that way.

@aliaschief Yum on the Tillamook Creamery for ice cream and cheese tasting. Cool on seeing whales! Great sunset photo.

@Cruising-along Sad that you were limited in Trieste. Thanks for what photos you did get.

@summer slope Oh my. Disney ship over spring break! I did one Disney cruise in December 2007 (about 2 weeks before Christmas) and it wasn't too overrun with kids.

@sailingdutchy Excellent collection of photos, Tony.

@Sharon in AZ Lovely photo of you and your DM. She looks so good!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

In a moment of weakness, we have booked a four night cruise on the new Disney wish with our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. Over spring break in April. Oh my goodness.

I’ve been on Disney.  They do a very nice job.  You might be very surprised and happy on board 🙂 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Darn Graham, I can’t tell if you have a dashboard fetish or a foot fetish!

I only include the multi screen in the photo because it shows the time, temperature and date.

The feet photos is a joke among several of us on the Royal Caribbean forum.

This is a photo from last week.

IMG_20230905_175638.jpg

IMG_20230902_112149.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I'm rarely late for appointments, thankfully. I'm late for my coffee today as I'm just having it (I don't like to eat before PT). I like pizza but wouldn't have just cheese unless nothing else was available. I like pepperoni, and sometimes onions or green peppers in addition. We should be charitable every day. One of Ghandi's most famous quotes, and a great one. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I have been to Italy, but not Trieste. An important day in history.

It is HOT outside! The thermometer says 90 and the heat index of 95F. Some schools here are doing remote classes, as the schools don't have air conditioning. I'll be inside the rest of the day. I'm just back from PT and then a quick grocery store visit. The spotted lantern flies are still a nuisance. Many around the grocery store and my PT building. You have to get in the car quickly to keep any from getting inside.

@Crazy For Cats Nice moody photos of the fog and sunrise, Jake. I'm glad to hear that your DM was well enough to be moved out of the ICU. I hope they find the cause of her passing out, so it doesn't happen again. Nice photos from your nature park excursion and downtown.

@grapau27 Condolences to Sarah on the loss of her friend. I hope you had no surprises at the dentist today.

@HAL4NOW I like that ethereal photo from the ship. Thanks for the church photos too.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad the house is mostly back together. You and DH deserve a nice dinner out!

@ottahand7 I know closing up the cabin is a lot of work; I was teasing you. Lovely flowers and butterflies.

@smitty34877 I hope you get better sleep tonight. I was up too late, woke up to post the Cares List, then was able to fall back asleep for about another hour and a half.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I am so glad River has you and Sue in her life to give her a sense of normalcy.

@catmando Thanks for the photos yesterday, including you and your DW. I'm sorry to hear about your brother Scott's stroke - prayers for a good recovery for him.

@RMLincoln BON VOYAGE! Have a great cruise! I can see you leaving now on the webcam. I know it's somewhat hard with the passing of your friend, but I'm sure she'd want you to enjoy it.

@Nickelpenny I hope you feel better by tomorrow and that it was just the shot that made you feel that way.

@aliaschief Yum on the Tillamook Creamery for ice cream and cheese tasting. Cool on seeing whales! Great sunset photo.

@Cruising-along Sad that you were limited in Trieste. Thanks for what photos you did get.

@summer slope Oh my. Disney ship over spring break! I did one Disney cruise in December 2007 (about 2 weeks before Christmas) and it wasn't too overrun with kids.

Thank you Vanessa.

I had lost a filling in my tooth last week and I got an emergency appointment to replace the filling.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Good afternoon all , I am very late to the party , have been busy making a huge pot of beautiful tomato soup with the good fruit from my garden , but I love to show a few very nice pictures of Trieste , I know everybody wants to see Venice but they do not want us anymore , we don’t spend enough money . ........... But they still want to built our new ships there ! 

Trieste is a very nice city to explore on your own or to use as a place to go into Slovenia which is a beautiful country to visit , I of coarse have to say that because this is the country that gave me my dear wife or as everybody says on CC , DW .

This was turnaround day when we were on the Oosterdam on Sept 27 , 2022 , we just got of the ship and walked almost right away in to the heart of the city 

I won’t tell you the names of the buildings because in half an hour you forget the names anyways 

Wrong guy hon 

Yes this is the life !  ( At home I am not allowed Coke anymore , I was told it is bad for you ) 

Back on board the Oosterdam . This to show you how close we are here to Slovenia look at this mountain ridge  behind their you are already in Slovenia , go there you will love it ! 

As you can see we left quite late because we only had to go a few miles to reach Koper the next morning as the crow flies about 15 miles . 

Cheers everybody !

Tony 😁😁

Great photos Tony.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon from a sunny Tucson.  Margherita pizza is Craig’s favorite and I make it at home but not in a skillet. I prefer sausage on mine so I sometimes do both. 

Yesterday’s lunch with DM was nice but the food not so much. However, they do make good shrimp cocktail. Ribs were just okay and salmon overcooked. They had sangria but it was just grape juice with fruit and a flower. I put the flower in my hair. Mom’s friend Anne ate with us and the staff brought Mom a slice of apple pie with a candle and sang Happy Birthday. Many people stopped by to say Happy Birthday.  

08C1043F-D74B-457C-9777-C1518FC21CE0.thumb.jpeg.1cd627d03079e3dad1c2b0fefc030ee9.jpeg

We are having leftovers today. I made smoked pork chops the other day which were wonderful. Used an apple chunk and it was perfect. 

What a lovely photo Sharon of you and your dear mam.

• Like 9

Good afternoon from a hot central Texas.  It is 100F but feels like 106F.  As the day warmed up, the humidity dropped to 32% with a dew point of 65F.  Regardless, when we stopped at W-M on the way home and then unloading the car, I got very hot.  DH stayed in the car at W-M but still got hot even with the strong wind.  As soon as we could after I had everything put away, we both hit the shower.

The appointment went well, but then when an appointment is 10 minutes or less, not much can go wrong.  Basically, it was to meet the doctor and for him to meet us.  He had already determined DH was indeed in need of the shunt, and just went over a few things.  Even though two weeks ago, the nurse practitioner  was optimistic she could get the surgery scheduled the first of this month, the doctor said probably the end of the month.  Looking at his after visit notes on line, some one will call us in a few days to schedule the surgery.  In the meantime, our only doctor visit is a follow up with the dermatologist on the 15th.  Then our "social" calendar is pretty empty.

After the horrible traffic two weeks ago, we left extra time as usual to get to UTSW.  That is one place you don't want to be late.  We were 45 minutes early, and were called back almost as soon as we sat down in the waiting room.  After the usual check of the vitals, we didn't have to wait long for the doctor.  In fact, we were on a way home way before the actual scheduled time of the appointment.  It seems like there are very few patients in the waiting room when we're there, but it is still hard to get an early date for surgery or anything.   We've learned over the last year, that not only do we need to build a fudge factor into the plans just in case, but it helps to be early.  We rarely have to wait long to be seen -- once we get an appointment.

I'm not planning on doing much the rest of the day.  Thank goodness for leftover meatloaf and squash.  Dinner should be easy.  Reheat things in the microwave and poor the Pinot Noir.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We did a Nature Park excursion through the ship. It was a nice walk, even if I was the buffet for the mosquitoes. 

20230905_090224.thumb.jpg.ebcb07f481a85dec5b748c01b5218cc9.jpg

20230905_090548.thumb.jpg.ac5a02e96042a7117fd6b76eba407c1b.jpg

20230905_091348.thumb.jpg.8b1ab7e656b6b6d48080181d269d048f.jpg

20230905_100238.thumb.jpg.d89728aad77bc304e7318587cc4a09c6.jpg

20230905_102825.thumb.jpg.2f5045596949ac13ceee8f434c1608e5.jpg

Jake, thank you for your pictures of your tour and walk around town.  I'm sorry the mosquitoes found you.

4 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

We took the shuttle to town and toured through two churches and found a couple trails. Back on ship at the Dive-In.

IMG_2040.thumb.jpeg.ac79f09c4ed11f480b4efe91876679d4.jpeg

IMG_2050.thumb.jpeg.7e2d90e6cb817668a5b900faf77dc353.jpeg

IMG_2061.thumb.jpeg.570177c03911399f66b5748ddc4d629d.jpeg

IMG_2059.thumb.jpeg.dcbc93ee1b478cf960b177c1716e451e.jpeg

Great pictures, Tony.  Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

@Crazy For Cats and @HAL4NOW thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful day!  

In news of the good, I slept through my "assigned watch" of 3:30 this morning. Glad that's over!

In news of the weird, I was typing up some notes before a meeting with my consulting client. Word kept insisting that correctly spelled words, weren't!  When I clicked for its suggestions, they were in DUTCH!  Since I don't know how to change my default language, I certainly hadn't done so. Quite frankly, Dutch isn't even one of the languages that I can speak a traveler's smattering of. The only reason I can come up with is that the Universe is gently telling me not to worry that our Holland American cruise will happen as planned!

May the Universe be as unexpectedly kind to all of you!

If you are using Chrome, there is a way to select the language to use.  Once you are signed in, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner.  In the drop down box, go down near the bottom and click on settings.  On the left hand side of the screen there will be a list of settings, and about half way down will be Languages.  Click on that, and you should be able to click on English as the primary and the second language.  You should be good to go then.  If you're on Apple or another browser, there should still be a way to select the language.  You should also be able to select the language in your computers settings.

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Annie @marshhawk I'm very sorry to hear the sad news about your DBIL's stroke.  Prayers for his complete recovery.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser best of luck at DH's appointment today.  Hope you get some answers.

Thank you Sandi. 

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you, Graham.

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're having a cloudy morning, but the weatherman says it will be sunny for the next 5 days, mid 60's-mid 70's.  

I have no appointments today, so nothing to be late for thank goodness!  DH has a doctor's appt. but he's never, ever late and always early. 😂  The big box store has a decent cheese pizza, but otherwise I prefer some toppings on mine.  We will celebrate day of charity by bringing some canned goods to the Food Bank today.  Good quote, will pass on the red wine and drink.  I'd like the meal, but not today.  We were in Trieste in 2021 but unfortunately had terrible weather that day.  It was raining so hard we just took a bus tour and never stepped off. 😉  

Yesterday I got a much-needed hair cut, and it feels sooo good. 🙂  The DGSs will start school tomorrow -- this summer went by fast!  I can't believe they're starting 3rd and 5th grades.  

Terry @smitty34877I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night.  For once I did sleep well, and that rarely happens -- maybe once every 7-10 days or so.  I hope tonight will be better for you.

Jake @Crazy For Cats I'm glad that your DM is out of ICU and in a regular room.  Prayers for continued recovery.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser I hope today's neurosurgery appointment goes well and you find out when your DH's shunt will be placed.

Maureen @RMLincoln Bon Voyage!

Nancy @ottahand7 thank you for posting the photos of your gorgeous flowers.

Annie @marshhawk I'm sorry to hear that your BIL Scott had a stroke.  Prayers for a swift and full recovery.

@Denise T I don't blame you for looking for a cruise sooner than 2025 -- and no, it isn't too late for next fall.  

When we were in Trieste in 2021 it was one of the first cruises after the shutdown, and we were sent to Trieste instead of Venice.  I really would like to get back there with better weather, it was hard to see much through the raindrops on the bus windows!  But I could see enough to know I'd like to see more.

We couldn't venture out on our own (Italy’s rules) and we had to show our Covid vaccination cards, passports, negative test results within the past 72 hours, and a QR code sent to our email. The only tour offered was this bus tour.  Obviously they didn't want us mingling with the locals!  🤣

First photo taken from our balcony.  The busses are lined up waiting for excursions.  Everyone had to take a tour, no DIY in Italy at that time.

Triesteparkinglot.jpg.915ce11afc09fe93d5e4558554fb7686.jpg

All the rest of the photos are taken from the bus through raindrops.

Roman Theater of Trieste.  Built the end of the 1st century B.C.

Triestetheater.jpg.de8faab9fc2839de1c8357796adcacc6.jpg

Pillars from ancient ruins

ancientruins.jpg.91a4257e57f88e9c67c8c2a9c2c44adc.jpg

And Trieste street scenes

Triestestreet.jpg.16734836a2cef0a74e1a785b016cfe5a.jpg

Triestebuilding.jpg.a27116519ebf9164197dd2ce309f4d67.jpg

rainystreet.jpg.9d320abd4634f408276bd41136961cd8.jpg

anotherrainystreet.jpg.a17fe710d3ca7c03c98ab5aa18db6889.jpg

It finally stopped raining towards the end of the tour (of course!) this is Miremare Castle.

MiremareCastle.jpg.25a038961b806e74aa8f6df627e6f192.jpg

Carolyn, thanks for the good wishes today.  Also, thanks for your pictures of Trieste.  It's still on the bucket list.

5 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning and I am celebrating late day by being late. I did not sleep well last night so was up at 3. At 5 I went back to bed and did manage to get an additional couple of hours before the dogs told me that I would regret it if I did not rise at once. So I plan to work on some small chores today, go to the bank, and not nap at all. I need to get back on some sort of schedule. The dogs are now sleeping soundly.

Cool here. It was 43F when the dogs and I went out. High today will be low 70's. Still no rain in sight. I am noticing some splashes of color in some of the trees. My butterfly bush is blooming... about a month late... and I have seen a few Monarchs around it. This weather seems to be throwing everyone and everything off.

Sending prayers and best wishes to all needing them today. I had better get moving or I will fall asleep at the computer.

Susan

Susan, I hope you get some sleep tonight.

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We enjoyed our first visible sunset last night.

image.thumb.jpeg.1cdb29e6fca4cbb890202bfce57d3a7e.jpeg

Great pictures of a lovely sunset, Bruce.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all!  
Trieste is a fabulous place,  visit lovely Castello del Miramare if you go,  the coastline that inspired Rilke, and the lovely town Palmanova shaped like a star.  We spent several days in the region. 

We are still suffering extreme smoke, the most days ever recorded.  Hoping some winds come soon although the rain hasn’t helped! 

Bon voyage @RMLincoln

Brenda, I hope the smoke clears soon for you and for Gerry @ger_77

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

In a moment of weakness, we have booked a four night cruise on the new Disney wish with our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. Over spring break in April. Oh my goodness.

I don't think it was a moment of weakness.  You and your family will be making some great memories.  If it gets too much, there is the adult area, and the parents can watch the DGS.

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Wrong guy hon 

Cheers everybody !

Tony 😁😁

Tony, I enjoyed your pictures of Trieste.  BTW, we were in Koper in 2016 on Prinsendam, and we enjoyed our day there.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon, that is a great picture of the two of you.  I'm sorry the meal was just okay, but the important thing is you were with your DM on her birthday.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, thanks for the good wishes today.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jake, thank you for your pictures of your tour and walk around town.  I'm sorry the mosquitoes found you.

Great pictures, Tony.  Thanks for sharing.

If you are using Chrome, there is a way to select the language to use.  Once you are signed in, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner.  In the drop down box, go down near the bottom and click on settings.  On the left hand side of the screen there will be a list of settings, and about half way down will be Languages.  Click on that, and you should be able to click on English as the primary and the second language.  You should be good to go then.  If you're on Apple or another browser, there should still be a way to select the language.  You should also be able to select the language in your computers settings.

Thank you Sandi. 

Thank you, Graham.

Carolyn, thanks for the good wishes today.  Also, thanks for your pictures of Trieste.  It's still on the bucket list.

Susan, I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Great pictures of a lovely sunset, Bruce.

Brenda, I hope the smoke clears soon for you and for Gerry @ger_77

I don't think it was a moment of weakness.  You and your family will be making some great memories.  If it gets too much, there is the adult area, and the parents can watch the DGS.

Tony, I enjoyed your pictures of Trieste.  BTW, we were in Koper in 2016 on Prinsendam, and we enjoyed our day there.

Sharon, that is a great picture of the two of you.  I'm sorry the meal was just okay, but the important thing is you were with your DM on her birthday.

Vanessa, thanks for the good wishes today.

Lenda

Thanks Lenda!    I always appreciate your kind comments.  It is a tiny bit improved! 

I hope your DH is doing better!   We had a lot of driving this weekend and inconsistent cell service so I may have missed some things.  

I also want to say how much I appreciate your wonderful photos and consistent use of multiquotes.  Coming in late from a western time zone it makes it so much easier, thanks for your kind consideration.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Thanks Lenda!    I always appreciate your kind comments.  It is a tiny bit improved! 

I hope your DH is doing better!   We had a lot of driving this weekend and inconsistent cell service so I may have missed some things.  

I also want to say how much I appreciate your wonderful photos and consistent use of multiquotes.  Coming in late from a western time zone it makes it so much easier, thanks for your kind consideration.  

Thank you, Brenda.  DH is doing as well as can be expected until the shunt is placed.  Basically, this has been in the works since last year, but he needed the back surgery too.  Each surgeon said to get the other surgery first.  Since there was a lot of pain due to sciatica, he opted for the back surgery last year.  Now, it's just a matter of getting added to the schedule.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from Juneau! I finally could log in on my phone. It's a lovely sunny day in Juneau and shirtsleeve weather. I'm doing well on the cruise, some teary times, lovely dinner companions, and I'm on vacation in Alaska. Tonight is the Pinnacle and tomorrow is Hubbard Glacier and I'm doing the small boat excursion. Have a great Tuesday!

Karen 

• Like 25

57 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good still hot and humid evening. It still feels like 94 . 
The convict is still out there and Longwood will be closed until further notice. He was last spotted in the woods on their property. 
Stay cool and safe.

By now you’d think they’d have sent in tracking dogs to find this vicious criminal!  SMH!🤦‍♀️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Greetings from Juneau! I finally could log in on my phone. It's a lovely sunny day in Juneau and shirtsleeve weather. I'm doing well on the cruise, some teary times, lovely dinner companions, and I'm on vacation in Alaska. Tonight is the Pinnacle and tomorrow is Hubbard Glacier and I'm doing the small boat excursion. Have a great Tuesday!

Karen 

Karen, thanks for checking in.  Sunny, shirtsleeve weather is a real plus.  Enjoy Hubbard Glacier and the rest of your cruise.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 5

Good evening.

@Denise T, it’s never too late to book a cruise!  Go for it!

8 hours ago, summer slope said:

Dixie, at least it’s just 4 nights!  We took our kids on Disney in 1999 and really enjoyed it but they were older than your DGS. I am 99% positive that we are going to Hawaii. I just will be avoiding a certain someone, unfortunately he has CO like we do but we eat late so hopefully they eat early. I am really looking forward to all the sea days. 

I found some more pictures of Trieste on Craig’s phone. I would love to go back. Most of these were taken from the ship. We disembarked there and just saw it from our transfer bus. This was June 13, 2022 Oosterdam, Craig’s covid cruise. 

The terminal:

EA97B347-A8F0-4023-8E9B-ABBE86B5FD4F.thumb.jpeg.02108f26232abacfd59d96f340a65647.jpeg

6606795B-FCEE-4547-824C-ABC7F9EFA850.thumb.jpeg.78c9c0875930ed6362340eb5a05b3b36.jpeg

CABA8AAB-6CA5-467B-B26C-6B3363E633ED.thumb.jpeg.beee60e1b8f52da4d3ffaa7e64601a6c.jpeg

Lots of beautiful yachts and small ships:

9C6E4760-A459-473A-A0C7-4B525DAAA269.thumb.jpeg.264483fb34e9fbfc327500cb50bb7b7c.jpeg

B1D3C4B9-2D1E-4B96-A953-F2CCD3A5322A.thumb.jpeg.6b6cfe049ed8cf1cc133991449ff96b8.jpeg

Goodbye to the Oosterdam:

7F8FCBEF-F35D-4862-B747-B9FAF5F39C89.thumb.jpeg.048163a8f2b4ad633c50bd57ea3ae415.jpeg

1E979270-4B71-4002-BBC4-5804B76642A6.thumb.jpeg.2f55919d64e929966b90bd079c37a716.jpeg

I’ve really enjoyed seeing all the pictures from Trieste. It’s always interesting to see a place from another point of view. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I only include the multi screen in the photo because it shows the time, temperature and date.

The feet photos is a joke among several of us on the Royal Caribbean forum.

This is a photo from last week.

IMG_20230905_175638.jpg

IMG_20230902_112149.jpg

I guess I could not see the forest for the trees!  😀

• Haha 1