Check-in Process

renysmom

We have checkin, later this week, and I just wanted to verify, we are able to skip uploading selfies and passports and come back and do that later, correct? I want to do check in for our entire group, to grab our check in time, but won’t have all that with me as it will be midnight When I’m doing this. Thank you as always for the help.

43 minutes ago, renysmom said:

We have checkin, later this week, and I just wanted to verify, we are able to skip uploading selfies and passports and come back and do that later, correct? I want to do check in for our entire group, to grab our check in time, but won’t have all that with me as it will be midnight When I’m doing this. Thank you as always for the help.

Yes you can grab a time without doing everything else.

3 hours ago, renysmom said:

Yes, I just completed check-in for our Celebrity cruise and I was able to snap the selfies later and upload them. As long as you can all snag the same boarding time, you're all set and can upload any and all travel docs later.  That's provided you're using the app, like I did.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

Just now, firefly333 said:

I used to upload a picture of my passport picture. Never once took a selfie. Now I started to skip by the picture. So far no one said anything. I mean as in I dont upload a picture at all. 

And no photo taken at the port? They probably have it on file from last time then

Just now, smokeybandit said:

And no photo taken at the port? They probably have it on file from last time then

They take a picture every time at check in at the terminal. No sense doing it twice. So I stopped.

And I check in online not the app and you can skip it and pick a time.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

They take a picture every time at check in at the terminal. No sense doing it twice. So I stopped.

I've heard a lot of people say this. I always upload a picture of me and one of my wife and we've never had to re-take one. Not a big deal either way of course; I just tend to do anything possible pre-cruise that I can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I never have my picture taken at the terminal after uploading it during check-in. Maybe your passport photo looks suspicious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I never have my picture taken at the terminal after uploading it during check-in. Maybe your passport photo looks suspicious.

As I said I stopped uploading a picture. .. as in I don't do it any more. Last year or two I sropped. They were taking a new picture at the terminal anyway, so no sense to me. ..doesnt matter, just saying it's not required to check in.

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As I said I stopped uploading a picture. .. as in I don't do it any more. Last year or two I sropped. They were taking a new picture at the terminal anyway, so no sense to me. ..doesnt matter, just saying it's not required to check in.

If you were taking a picture of a picture, of course they are going to take a new picture at the terminal.  We have taken our pictures with the app for years and have never had our picture retaken at the pier.  It isn't a requirement, yet, so if having it taken at the pier works best for you, stick with that plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I used to upload a picture of my passport picture. Never once took a selfie. Now I started to skip by the picture. So far no one said anything. I mean as in I dont upload a picture at all. 

Same, stopped doing Selfie about 5yrs ago, tired of them retaking it anyway. Last week cost me all of 10 seconds extra and was still second onboard after Key/Suites

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I've heard a lot of people say this. I always upload a picture of me and one of my wife and we've never had to re-take one. Not a big deal either way of course; I just tend to do anything possible pre-cruise that I can.

Same Here!

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Agree, we have NEVER uploaded a pic 🙂

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You must be a better picture taker than me.  Every single cruise my uploaded picture has to be retaken pier side.  I'm not going to bother anymore.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

You must be a better picture taker than me.  Every single cruise my uploaded picture has to be retaken pier side.  I'm not going to bother anymore.

I don't have an explanation. I don't take selfies. I use the website through my phone browser and just crop pictures I already have... usually from past cruises.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes...I have never downloaded a picture...always just have them do it in the terminal. I also only check in on my desk top and can put in the info I want and finish it later...no problem. I actually only use the app once onboard for sometimes checking the menu but that's about it...I'm not a fan of apps and will avoid them whenever possible.