Rogueperson's **LIVE** Jewel of the Seas 9/14/2023 - 9/28/2023.

Rogueperson

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Rogueperson

As far as the  viking crown/vortex  , we are diamond plus also. What is offered up there and what is the timing for everything up there? We have just been getting our drinks  at bars around the ship on deck  4 or 6? Are we missing anything up there?

Definitely not!! We arrived at 7pm last night and it took us till 7.40 to get our drinks!!  It was only a simple g&t but the tonic was totally flat so we sent the first ones back… the second ones weren’t much better but by then we were desperate!! We won’t bother going back! 
I don’t understand why people feel the need to eat a whole pile of canapés just before they are going into dinner…

We are aft deck 8.. perhaps we’ve passed in the corridor like ships in the night! 

1 hour ago, Cherful59 said:

@Rogueperson I have been tempted to try the jerk pork chop.  Can you tell me if it was tender and tasteful or not?  Anyone else with an opinion?

I had the pesto tagliatelle in January and it was very good.

Thanks,

I thought it was decent for what it was.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

@Rogueperson

As far as the  viking crown/vortex  , we are diamond plus also. What is offered up there and what is the timing for everything up there? We have just been getting our drinks  at bars around the ship on deck  4 or 6? Are we missing anything up there?

There some snacks and offerings that are not offered elsewhere.  Its not major, but when you haven’t had lunch, it works in a pinch.  Mostly, last night they nailed my weakness for pate as they had a pate in a pastry and i went crazy with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Rogueperson I hope you will forgive me for jumping on your thread.  I am enjoying reading your impressions of the Jewel.  DH and I will do a B2B on her from Bayonne to Quebec City and back to Bayonne in October.

I have a question for Jimbo or any other train rider from Bayonne.  [I have read Jimbo rides the train to/from VA.]

The Jewel does not get into Bayonne until 8 am to disembark.  I would like to take an 11ish Amtrak home.  Or do I need to schedule the noonish train from Newark Penn on Amtrak?  We do not carry off our luggage.  Also, not in a suite.  We are D+ and usually get a lowish number to disembark.

So sorry to butt in.  I have tried to ask this question in the appropriate threads.   TIA

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

41 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

There some snacks and offerings that are not offered elsewhere.  Its not major, but when you haven’t had lunch, it works in a pinch.  Mostly, last night they nailed my weakness for pate as they had a pate in a pastry and i went crazy with it.

Thanks for info,I think we will just skip it.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Definitely not!! We arrived at 7pm last night and it took us till 7.40 to get our drinks!!  It was only a simple g&t but the tonic was totally flat so we sent the first ones back… the second ones weren’t much better but by then we were desperate!! We won’t bother going back! 
I don’t understand why people feel the need to eat a whole pile of canapés just before they are going into dinner…

We are aft deck 8.. perhaps we’ve passed in the corridor like ships in the night! 

We are like 3 or 4 balconies before the Centrum on starboard side. I remember now you switched to the more center aft with the larger balcony,do you like the. Enter location,larger balcony I assume.

Just now, pghflyer said:

YES, we were in a balcony too and just got off this cruise before you (from Amsterdam via Iceland/ Greenland) and any time one of us was on the Internet in the room.....if the other person opened the bathroom door, the Internet dropped.  

We were in cabin 9004 on that cruise and didn’t have that problem. That would be annoying.

Just now, Rogueperson said:

Last cruise there was one night where they had sushi up there.

22 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It's a one/day coffee voucher for the sailing.

Is this standard now in addition to your vouchers? We have only had it when the coffee machine in lounge is broken. I thought you could always use your vouchers for specialty coffees.

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

@Rogueperson I hope you will forgive me for jumping on your thread.  I am enjoying reading your impressions of the Jewel.  DH and I will do a B2B on her from Bayonne to Quebec City and back to Bayonne in October.

I have a question for Jimbo or any other train rider from Bayonne.  [I have read Jimbo rides the train to/from VA.]

The Jewel does not get into Bayonne until 8 am to disembark.  I would like to take an 11ish Amtrak home.  Or do I need to schedule the noonish train from Newark Penn on Amtrak?  We do not carry off our luggage.  Also, not in a suite.  We are D+ and usually get a lowish number to disembark.

So sorry to butt in.  I have tried to ask this question in the appropriate threads.   TIA

We have ridden Amtrak from DC to Newark and NYC many times.  We get a car service into NYC and take the train from there.  We have done it from Newark one time, but never again.  Fine station to come into, not so great to wait in.  Anyway, we have made a train as early as 1015 several times.  You only have to be at the train station when boarding starts so unlike an airport, no need to be there an hour or two ahead of time.  We'll be taking Amtrak from Manassas, VA as we recently moved closer to there next month for our Jewel cruise to NE/Canada.  We are going to stay in NYC for a couple of days after the trip so return time was up to us, although there are limited trains that run south of DC and stop in Manassas.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Is this standard now? We have only had it when the coffee machine in lounge is broken.

No, not standard.  Usually only when DL machine is broken or a high number of D, D+, P on board.

Last week on Liberty DL machine was broken, but they did not add a voucher.  I asked and the DL concierge gave me a 7 punch coffee card.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Is this standard now in addition to your vouchers? We have only had it when the coffee machine in lounge is broken. I thought you could always use your vouchers for specialty coffees.

Thank. I knew there were some changes in March but we have been unable to sail this year.

FWIW, we were part of self-carry 7:30AM disembark last week and they did not actually start to disembark until about 7:45AM and the lines were not well organized or enforced (lots of late arrival mergers).  However, we walked right out and through 5/10 minute immigration (no Global Entry at the port) and got a $70 cab (Lyft/ Uber all had 15+ minute wait) to Newark Penn (30 minutes away) and were waiting at the track at 8:20AM for our 8:40AM departure (which was delayed to 9:00 AM).  Of course, no accidents and didn't wait for a cab.

Edited by pghflyer
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We are only taking train from Roanoke,Va. To Newark Penn Station  so don't know time needed to get back to train station after cruise.

We are renting a car in Bayonne at Buget and driving back to Virgina after spending a few nights in NJ visiting relatives.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FionaMG said:

This is precisely how I met up with @Rogueperson. We were both on a Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator back in 2018 and had decided to do a joint live report.

On the morning of the CC Meet & Mingle (remember them?) we both happened to be in the café on the promenade having a quick breakfast when he posted a pic and when I saw it I realised he must be in the same place. So I had a look around and spotted him and his wife and went over to say hi. ☺️

Btw, if anyone fancies having a read of it, excuse me while I shamelessy plug that review... 😁

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2608639-navigator-of-the-seas-live-11232018-1222018/

That’s cool!!  I’ve often wondered if someone would put 2 and 2 together during one of my LIVE cruises since I tend to post pictures in the moment.  

I get a lot of responses after returning home like “hey i was in that cruise!”  

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What coffee is the free choices? Is it limited what we can get.

Yes it’s only choice of a cappuccino, latte or americano.  They wouldn’t let me have a cup of tea even though the cost was less than any of these ^^

Deck  8 port side all the way to the back.. door 🚪 end of corridor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1