Fall Covid shot in the U.S.?

Porkpi

I just booked an appt here in Ottawa at Shoppers for Nov - to get flu shot and booster - I am assuming and hoping it is the updated one?  (cruising this week and again in December  - last booster was end of April!).

Anyone else in Ottawa had any luck getting the new updated booster shot?

2 minutes ago, Froufie said:

I just booked an appt here in Ottawa at Shoppers for Nov - to get flu shot and booster - I am assuming and hoping it is the updated one?  (cruising this week and again in December  - last booster was end of April!).

Anyone else in Ottawa had any luck getting the new updated booster shot?

DW and I are booked for the XBB shot on November 4 at one of the city clinics. We also have flu shot appointment with Shoppers before then, and if they too have the XBB shot, will get it at the same time and cancel the city clinic appointment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

DW and I are booked for the XBB shot on November 4 at one of the city clinics. We also have flu shot appointment with Shoppers before then, and if they too have the XBB shot, will get it at the same time and cancel the city clinic appointment.

We are getting the XBB shot tomorrow afternoon at the OPH- Sir Wilfrid Laurier High School clinic.  We will get flu shot at our doctor's office when my wife goes in for her annual in early November.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Great idea!  I am back from my cruise on November 1 and booked in at a clinic on Nov 3 - looks like they do have the XBB for 'high risk groups' and I am of a certain age so looks like I would be included  LOL.

Also have flu shot appt the following week at Shoppers - so as mentioned strategy would be to get the booster there as well should the Nov 3rd thing not work out! (next cruise dec 3) - thanks!! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

We are getting the XBB shot tomorrow afternoon at the OPH- Sir Wilfrid Laurier High School clinic.  We will get flu shot at our doctor's office when my wife goes in for her annual in early November.

Interesting. We booked early on the first morning that they opened up for appointments and the first day offered for Sir Wilfred Laurier HS was November 1st, in spite of the fact that we are both well over 65 and were eligible for the XBB as soon as it became available at the clinics. Ah well, a few more days won't hurt. We decided to go on the weekend to avoid issues with parking at the school. If things work out with Shoppers, it won't matter anyway.

In Alberta, I got flu and updated Covid booster Monday, October 16.   Got the vaccination at small locally owned neighbourhood pharmacy.  Pharmacist is also giving us the vaccines for our full Panama Canal cruise in January.  

15 hours ago, B-Russell said:

In Alberta, I got flu and updated Covid booster Monday, October 16.   Got the vaccination at small locally owned neighbourhood pharmacy.  Pharmacist is also giving us the vaccines for our full Panama Canal cruise in January.  

Vaccines for a Panama Canal transit?  I'm unaware of anything special/necessary for that.

9 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Vaccines for a Panama Canal transit?  I'm unaware of anything special/necessary for that.

There are some excursions that go into the jungle. Vaccinations may be warranted for some with particular health issues. Consulting a qualified doctor familiar with ones unique health issues is prudent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We got the flu shot, the one for those over 65 and the Pfizer booster, that is 7 shots, so good to go. Hope it doesn't get so bad that we have to mask up again in public. Because there has been an increase in cases & some places are asking for people to put on masks.