Favorite things about Celebrity

larry_s_taco

40 minutes ago, 39august said:

Crew and different music venues and styles. 

I was going to say exactly the same thing.  I love the quality and variety of the lounge acts. 

And I don't know what it is about the crews we've had on Celebrity ships. We always seem to connect with them. 

• Like 2

Itineraries - especially to islands like Tortola, Dominica, etc.  Se also like the 10 night itineraries.

Sunset Verandah concept

Hand washing station in OVR on E class ships 

Green space on E class and other ships

Solstice class ship size at 2850 pax

Celebrity guarantees you the room you booked (unlike Princess)

Staff is top notch

Generally no kids

• Like 2

Longer cruises, staff, and the Martini bar is open on Embarkation Day. It is now a tradition after we drop off our luggage, get keys, check in at our muster station....we sit down at the Martini and have our "Welcome Back" martini to start our relaxation for the next 14 days days or more depending on the cruise.

• Like 5

No bullying!!!

On my last cruise I happened to glimpse a large poster in the restricted staff area about bullying.

There is a shipboard, confidential hotline to encourage staff to report bullying whether it be personally or if a staff member witnessed bullying.

We all say how amazing the crew are and to see this confirms that the smiles are genuine.

• Like 2

Beautiful clean classy ships with nice sized cabins including the washroom, we book inside cabins for the most part and the inside cabins on Celebrity ships are the largest compared to the other lines that we have sailed with.

Very good service.

Best Buffett on the high seas with great variety, MDR food is good but not as good as in the past, variety could be better.

Very good entertainment except for old production shows.

Since the startup we have been impressed with the Captains especially Captain Kate and Captain Matt, very visible and personable with a good sense of humor. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 4

Cloth towels in the public restrooms. 

Bocce on the Lawn Club.

Martini Bar open early on Embarkation Day.

English bacon every morning.

Sailaway on the helipad for Concierge and Suites passengers.  

Only one overhead announcement each day. 

The Lawn Club Grill on Reflection and Silhouette.  

World Class Bar. 

E-Muster. 

Better Silent Disco than on RC.  

Our fellow passengers! 

Fabulous crew! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, swjumbo said:

On my last cruise I happened to glimpse a large poster in the restricted staff area about bullying.

There is a shipboard, confidential hotline to encourage staff to report bullying whether it be personally or if a staff member witnessed bullying.

Any idea if the anti-bullying poster was addressing bullying by co-workers/superiors or pax or both?  Sadly, my guess is there are zero resources to address outright mean and demanding pax other than count down the days to disembarkation (and hope the bullies aren't on a B2B).

Edited by CunucuMom
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies so far.  It seems like I answered in a similar thread a few months ago.  Never mind, I'm too lazy to go looking for it.

I like the crew - efficient and friendly almost always.  I like the relative lack of announcements.  I like the OVC - good food, good variety, nice and open seating area, easy drink access.  I like the room decor.  I like the decor around the ship.  I like some of the entertainment I've been motivated to sample.  I like the hangouts on the Summit and the Millie.  And I like the fact that the charter companies I choose like the Summit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysey222 said:

That I could order French onion soup as an app and cheesecake for dessert at every dinner (at least in Luminae I could). I'm not sure this is even possible anymore with all the dining changes. 

No more cheesecake on the "classics menu"......very sad!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

Any idea if the anti-bullying poster was addressing bullying by co-workers/superiors or pax or both?  Sadly, my guess is there are zero resources to address outright mean and demanding pax other than count down the days to disembarkation (and hope the bullies aren't on a B2B).

Crew against crew. I have also seen managers stand up and defend the crew and was told, by a Hotel Director, that he always supports the crew.
Thats why the smiles on Celebrity are genuine and that’s why we love it!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

My favorites in no order:

1) Mature clientele

2) Blu Restaurant

3) Longer cruises (though they are harder to find now)

4) Simple, classy ships

Agree..

Crew is friendly, Nice Clientele, Classy Relaxing Atmosphere,  Clean &  Comfy...hoping I can  soon add back excellent  CUISINE !

• Like 2