The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 13th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning. Sunny here and temp is 53F but thunder storms are forecast for the afternoon and the high will be about 65. I will keep the dogs well walked while it is dry. Monty (Chihuahua) is not always reliable. I think I would like shrimp tacos and I know I would love to be in Scotland again. Have been to Invergordon but by land on my wanderings of many years ago in the predigital age.

Little new from here... today is finally getting one of most complex of the files sorted and lots of stuff shredded. The shredding takes time as my shredder is not very large but it works and the confetti generated goes out to recycling. Tomorrow is a dermatologist appointment in the afternoon for a routine check and Friday a friend is coming over to help me get the necessary visas for Australia and New Zealand. I am more than a little intimidated by my new phone. I think it is a lot smarter than I am.

Best wishes to all....

Susan

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

Good morning all!

I don't consider myself superstitious at all, fortune cookies can be fun, and I do love peanuts. Speaking of peanuts, last night we had the Satay Chicken w/peanut sauce -- Debbie @dfish it was a hit!  DH loved it (coming from Georgia, he does love his peanut butter) 😉   Both the wine and drink sound good to me, as does the meal (I would choose the 2nd recipe).  We have been to Scotland a few times and to Loch Ness, Inverary Castle, and Greenock but not to Invergordon.  

Our GA roll call is jumping to keep up with more changes.  We finally have been notified that we'll have an overnight in Honolulu to replace Lahaina.  Also another port later in the cruise was replaced with a new port.  

I'm so glad they finally caught the fugitive!  I really miss Ann Rule, she could have written a great book telling his story.

Denise @CrabbyPatti I'm so sorry to hear about your DF.  Prayers for him and all your family.

@Lady Hudson I'm sorry your sweet great-grandson had breathing problems, prayers that all will be well for him going forward.

@DeniseT Good news that the mass was confirmed benign.  Yes, an MRI the first time is quite the experience!

Tony @HAL4NOW Welcome home!

Jake @Crazy For Cats Welcome home!

Lorraine @cruising sister You will love the VOV.  That's one cruise I would do again in a heartbeat.

Carol @mamaofami I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's new brain bleed.  Prayers and hugs.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

In 2017 on the Prinsendam for 106 days, we visited Invergordon twice.  The first time was on August 7 when we rented a car and headed to Loch Ness.  Unfortunately, Nessie did not make an appearance that day.

These pictures are of Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle, which is in ruins.  I walked down to the ruins while DH stayed at the visitors center and enjoyed the view.  I have some pictures of the ruins, but there are more people than ruins in the pictures. 

DSC08906.thumb.JPG.57a2d457a304b4a724ab2ee8cfba53cc.JPG

DSC08907.thumb.JPG.cf01264876a5f1e8096ef02ffd8acad9.JPG

DSC08911.thumb.JPG.131baf40063e8cf69027781778b8dd8d.JPG

From Loch Ness, we drove to Cawdor Castle.  We walked up to the entrance of the castle, but decided we did not want to go through the building because of all the stairs.  Instead, I wandered through the gardens.

The outside of Cawdor Castle, and yes, that is a working drawbridge.

DSC08929.thumb.JPG.18924bb185136939de2f3d2460572546.JPG

DSC08930.thumb.JPG.b750d4c7cd9526f38ba6278c76ff6c78.JPG

A few pictures of the gardens for the Garden Club and others who enjoy looking at flowers.

DSC08941.thumb.JPG.b6d208600d19b2fe7fd82b6dc6a703bd.JPG

DSC08944.thumb.JPG.6bb5462b7606920b7f85fe7cf7afb13e.JPG

DSC08951.thumb.JPG.4dd112e5fa9a36e0a671d7d5dde819bb.JPG

We then drove through Inverness and toured the Ord Distillery, but I could not find any really good pictures of the town or distillery.

North Sea off shore oil rigs parked in the bay as we sailed that day.

DSC08960.thumb.JPG.28e723d08b74bf55006d7c6e4774c116.JPG

We were back in Invergordon on September 12.  This time in our rental car, we headed east and north to explore the area.  Our first stop was Dunrobin Castle.  We just took a picture of the castle from the car park, and decided to skip the tour.

DSC00292.thumb.JPG.5f564689dd0fb352ad4e566cd34cec51.JPG

The rest of the pictures are scenes along the road and of the various towns we visited.   We drove through and walked around Tain, Dornoch and Alness, but I don't remember which pictures are from which town.  They were all picturesque as was the countryside.

DSC00293.thumb.JPG.deb8630f3b86f38395e437739fee95c3.JPG

DSC00297.thumb.JPG.14e5730a228887f3c51f7fdc19dab3f8.JPG

DSC00303.thumb.JPG.cf91930e990ecac143d8c79023097c99.JPG

DSC00305.thumb.JPG.0e73665cc7b432a2e7dc2267fab3ef78.JPG

DSC00306.thumb.JPG.90e460a2183dd61caf08df8e7fda390d.JPG

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda and thank you for your kind message regarding Pauline's baby brother Roy who died 65 years ago today aged 2 months.

Pauline is 61 and never saw him but we tend to his grave every 2 weeks.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm only superstitious regarding sports, lol. If my team wins with me wearing a particular shirt or jersey (during playoffs), I'll wear it again for the next game. Fortune cookies are meh, and while I love peanut butter, I don't eat peanuts. Strange quote. Maybe on the meal. Zombies were one of my drinks of choice in college (once I was old enough). Pass on the wine. I haven't been to Invergordon. A good day in history!

It's cool here, but sunny. Going down into the 40's the next few nights, with highs in the 70's. Busy day for me. I have a medical appointment in town late morning, and then PT this afternoon. And BFF and the guys from Germany want to go out for Mexican this evening (I told them not too late as I limit any nighttime driving due to vision issues).

Woohoo on them finally capturing the escaped convict!

@StLouisCruisers I like working on computers (and there's no one here to help anyway) and BFF asks for help sometimes, as he gets frustrated if it doesn't go right on the first go. Wonderful photos from Invergordon.

@Lady Hudson Prayers for Jalen Alexander. I'm sure you're relieved about the convict being caught finally. Your cruise will be different; all you can do is go with the flow.

@Denise T I'm glad the adrenal mass is benign, like most, even if slightly larger. I suppose they'll want to re-image it in a year or two.

@grapau27 Hugs to you and @Paw13 Pauline today.

@dobiemom Yikes on that hook in DBIL's neck!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Scotland.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@marshhawk I hope you get some time to relax.

@Cruzin Terri I hope the increased prednisone dose kicks in soon so that you start to feel better.

@mamaofami So sorry to hear that Sam is back in the hospital with an increase in the brain bleed. Prayers that the doctors figure out the best way to go for his recovery.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

From the Galleria Dell'Accademia, Florence Italy

043-GalleriadellAccademiaMichelangelosDavidFlorence.thumb.jpg.5fe94d91fc5b1bb5ca4189793319589d.jpg

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your kind words and hugs.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report. Thank you to Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration list.  You amaze me at how you are able to capture all our events.  You never miss one.

Than you to the Food and Beverage Department (Debbie, Ann and Dixie) for the wonderful job you do each day.  Where would we be without all of you!

Well, as I posted last night, I could not believe that I did not post yesterday.  I can just about remember writing the post.  I don’t think there was anything offensive in it that it needed to be removed.  Oh well, maybe a senior moment. LOL.

Looking at the Cares List, My prayers are with all of you.

I especially remember in Baby Murphy, and @smitty34877‘s Lou as the family goes through a very difficult and sad time.   I now add @mamaofami’s Sam to that list with his new brain bleed.  It is not an easy decision to make regarding surgery.  Prayers for @grapau27’s Pauline’s baby brother.  May he rest in peace.  Prayers for everyone on the list.  Prayers also for those in the path of Hurricane Lee.  Good luck to those on a cruise in that area.  Prayers for everyone’s safety.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  Enjoy every minute.

Yesterday, I think everything caught up with me.  The lack of sleep for so long, a lot of driving, and just overall fatigue.  I took DH to the dentist and then we went to Publix. After we came home I just collapsed.  I had some financial work to do, but that did not get done.  Instead, I sat down in front of the TV and fell asleep for the afternoon. Felt even worse when I woke up. I still had to make dinner and I just was exhausted.  Also had a sore throat.  Every bone in my body hurt.   I decided to take a Covid Test and it was negative.  Sleep did not come easily last night.  Slept too much during the day.  Also, the increased Prednisone dosage is doing a job on my already delicate tummy.

Today I feel a bit better. The neck pain is subsiding, albeit slowly.  However, the arms and shoulders are still painful as are my thighs but not as bad.  The headache has not yet left.  So I am making progress. The best day will be when I have no more pain and can throw away the Prednisone.  Don’t  know when and if that will ever happen.

i have follow up appointments when i return from our trip/cruise.  December 11 and 12.  Hopefully things will be stable then. Also have an appointment with the Dermatologist for a questionable spot on my right calf.   

Today I have an Ophthalmologist appointment.  Really late in the day—3:50.  It was moved from the day of Hurricane Idalia, which ended up being a non-event here.  We have had worse storms that had no name.  Maybe I can get some financial work done before I go.

Glad they caught the fugitive.

That’s about all I have for today.  Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

• Like 9

Good afternoon all , I am a little late after watching the Vuelta d’Espagna this morning to see how my team is doing in the race .
Sepp Kuss , “ The Man from Durango “ on his 29th birthday came in third but is still leading the overall classification .  Bet you @durangoscots was also glued to the TV .

Saw some nice pictures from @Overhead Fred of our tour we did together also with @ToBe on the Rotterdam Anniversary Cruise last April when we landed in Inverness , the 6 of us had a lovely day , we saw a lot but what we came for to see “Nessie “  in the Loch , he was nowhere to be seen ……. maybe because it was not noon yet and we had not been drinking .........

Beauly 

image.thumb.jpeg.5507088ef40f51a705e744f4d0f74be1.jpeg

Great name for a flower store  “ oops a daisy “ 

image.thumb.jpeg.cf3b1afe3a2b45973132c31083e64482.jpeg

Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness 

image.thumb.jpeg.4ac5f83ed63776222b7d1fc93282dfd9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8534f49b8aac7c2efe3977c91aa65054.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.84d5ebfbd0476f983a0741ee0a3d6be2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7e792ffedeaf947c2a54851a9ab91747.jpeg

Invergorden

image.thumb.jpeg.7b7a5d8105005b3deb9451dd774f384c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.71abf85b9bfcad5b2cda316904b3adce.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ed651058b9ed328293e00873aabe8536.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.728f2f718433f726a6ef32d8c555cf8c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8486775a995275574aa3d806e8cfec17.jpeg

The ancient burial mounts of  Balnuaran of Clava 

image.thumb.jpeg.b88e87b93c2b934cab4cfe86f2e3659f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f99967f867c8a4cb607cf2511c5209ba.jpeg

Battlefield of Culloden 

image.thumb.jpeg.be17efcde12871edd62a27b104c695c4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6342a8ea713a3442297e261177b775aa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.525a8cde85f4f54ea8112ef3b957164c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4c711832b3981e380bc8a3c5baf17df6.jpeg

A very nice day was had by all with our very good guide Neil M. 

Time for dinner with a very nice bottle of wine from Saint Emilion a present from my Dutch nephew for my BD . 

image.thumb.jpeg.138fb810580e7a9288fad3e494279c81.jpeg

Tony 😁😁
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Sam is back in the hospital with an increase in his brain bleed and they have to decide whether to operate or wait and watch. Needless to say I am very worried about the outcome of brain surgery and the risks of doing it or of the bleed getting bigger. Both ways hold serious risks.

Extra prayers being lifted up. 🙏🙏🙏 

• Like 17

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Our driver arrived on time, despite Boston traffic, and we are home.  Mona insisted on some lap time before she’d eat breakfast.  Tucker and Zander each wanted some lap time and Amelia was close by demanding some rubs.  Laundry is underway and the yard needs mowed.  I suspect dinner will be takeout.  It’s still a vacation day?

Did the rain begin soon enough to give you an excuse for not mowing the lawn?

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

@sailingdutchyI am indeed keeping a close eye on Sepp Kuss.... and I have to say that usually I don't follow cycling events too closely. This is a real exception although I have watched some of his events previously and have been very impressed.

On a sad note, the search and rescue attempt for our most recent missing hiker (age 79) is now, after 8 days, being refocused as search and recovery. A team has set up camp near where he left his vehicle and will spread out from there. Recent weather has impacted the search and will for the next couple of days. So sad for his wife and family. Prior to his disappearance he was in radio contact with his wife, but he was not carrying his cell phone although coverage in that area is spotty to say the least. He told his wife he was about 20 minutes away from finishing the hike which was only to be 90 minutes total. The search to date has involved a lifeline helicopter, people on foot and horseback, two bloodhounds and some Hotshot firefighters. At one point gunshots were reported heard by the Hotshots and that area was searched by the Hotshots and nothing found ....but no one seems to know if he was carrying a gun  so the shots could be unrelated.  That is bear and mountain lion country. All in all a terribly sad situation. We seem to go through this at least once year. This man was a very experience hiker who has hiked that area for over 20 years.

Susan

• Like 10
  • Thanks 12

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note as I am trying to prep for Lee.  It’s coming right up the Bay of Fundy.  😢. One US weatherman said it would be interesting to see how Lee reacts with the Bay of Fundy with the highest tides in the world and how much water is sucked in.  I’m not sure I would call it “interesting”

I’ve been working steadily as it’s the season but now the rest has to be done whether I like it or not.  

Happy to say that after a bit of time, I have my high speed internet back.  In the process I scored a new upgraded alarm system (at no charge) with new warranties to try to solve the problem.  All solved now, thankfully and I’ll take the new system since it has a touch screen, easier to use AND a panic button. 👍 

I will try to catch up a bit later  once I am done or in between the torrents of rain.   @mamaofami Carol I did see your update on Sam and I am heartbroken for you 💔 My prayers for you both 🙏 

It seems that there has been a lot of sad news and prayers for all that need them 🙏. Forgive me for not mentioning you by name.  I will catch up.  

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note as I am trying to prep for Lee.  It’s coming right up the Bay of Fundy.  😢. One US weatherman said it would be interesting to see how Lee reacts with the Bay of Fundy with the highest tides in the world and how much water is sucked in.  I’m not sure I would call it “interesting”

I’ve been working steadily as it’s the season but now the rest has to be done whether I like it or not.  

Happy to say that after a bit of time, I have my high speed internet back.  In the process I scored a new upgraded alarm system (at no charge) with new warranties to try to solve the problem.  All solved now, thankfully and I’ll take the new system since it has a touch screen, easier to use AND a panic button. 👍 

I will try to catch up a bit later  once I am done or in between the torrents of rain.   @mamaofami Carol I did see your update on Sam and I am heartbroken for you 💔 My prayers for you both 🙏 

It seems that there has been a lot of sad news and prayers for all that need them 🙏. Forgive me for not mentioning you by name.  I will catch up.  

Welcome back.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report. Thank you to Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration list.  You amaze me at how you are able to capture all our events.  You never miss one.

Than you to the Food and Beverage Department (Debbie, Ann and Dixie) for the wonderful job you do each day.  Where would we be without all of you!

Well, as I posted last night, I could not believe that I did not post yesterday.  I can just about remember writing the post.  I don’t think there was anything offensive in it that it needed to be removed.  Oh well, maybe a senior moment. LOL.

Looking at the Cares List, My prayers are with all of you.

I especially remember in Baby Murphy, and @smitty34877‘s Lou as the family goes through a very difficult and sad time.   I now add @mamaofami’s Sam to that list with his new brain bleed.  It is not an easy decision to make regarding surgery.  Prayers for @grapau27’s Pauline’s baby brother.  May he rest in peace.  Prayers for everyone on the list.  Prayers also for those in the path of Hurricane Lee.  Good luck to those on a cruise in that area.  Prayers for everyone’s safety.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  Enjoy every minute.

Yesterday, I think everything caught up with me.  The lack of sleep for so long, a lot of driving, and just overall fatigue.  I took DH to the dentist and then we went to Publix. After we came home I just collapsed.  I had some financial work to do, but that did not get done.  Instead, I sat down in front of the TV and fell asleep for the afternoon. Felt even worse when I woke up. I still had to make dinner and I just was exhausted.  Also had a sore throat.  Every bone in my body hurt.   I decided to take a Covid Test and it was negative.  Sleep did not come easily last night.  Slept too much during the day.  Also, the increased Prednisone dosage is doing a job on my already delicate tummy.

Today I feel a bit better. The neck pain is subsiding, albeit slowly.  However, the arms and shoulders are still painful as are my thighs but not as bad.  The headache has not yet left.  So I am making progress. The best day will be when I have no more pain and can throw away the Prednisone.  Don’t  know when and if that will ever happen.

i have follow up appointments when i return from our trip/cruise.  December 11 and 12.  Hopefully things will be stable then. Also have an appointment with the Dermatologist for a questionable spot on my right calf.   

Today I have an Ophthalmologist appointment.  Really late in the day—3:50.  It was moved from the day of Hurricane Idalia, which ended up being a non-event here.  We have had worse storms that had no name.  Maybe I can get some financial work done before I go.

Glad they caught the fugitive.

That’s about all I have for today.  Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

God Bless,

Terri

Teri, I'm glad you are feeling better and that some of the pain is subsiding.  It seems you will have to give it sometime, but I hope all the pain and stiffness is behind you for your trip and cruise.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

I just wanted to let everyone know that Lou is in his home and glad to be here.Thanks to all.

Terry, I'm glad that Lou is home.  Being with family should give him some comfort.  

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda and thank you for your kind message regarding Pauline's baby brother Roy who died 65 years ago today aged 2 months.

Pauline is 61 and never saw him but we tend to his grave every 2 weeks.

Graham.

Graham, I can't imagine how hard it was for Pauline's parents to lose Roy at 2 months.

11 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

@sailingdutchyI am indeed keeping a close eye on Sepp Kuss.... and I have to say that usually I don't follow cycling events too closely. This is a real exception although I have watched some of his events previously and have been very impressed.

On a sad note, the search and rescue attempt for our most recent missing hiker (age 79) is now, after 8 days, being refocused as search and recovery. A team has set up camp near where he left his vehicle and will spread out from there. Recent weather has impacted the search and will for the next couple of days. So sad for his wife and family. Prior to his disappearance he was in radio contact with his wife, but he was not carrying his cell phone although coverage in that area is spotty to say the least. He told his wife he was about 20 minutes away from finishing the hike which was only to be 90 minutes total. The search to date has involved a lifeline helicopter, people on foot and horseback, two bloodhounds and some Hotshot firefighters. At one point gunshots were reported heard by the Hotshots and that area was searched by the Hotshots and nothing found ....but no one seems to know if he was carrying a gun  so the shots could be unrelated.  That is bear and mountain lion country. All in all a terribly sad situation. We seem to go through this at least once year. This man was a very experience hiker who has hiked that area for over 20 years.

Susan

Susan, that is such a sad situation with the missing hiker.  At some point, even experienced hikers need to realize they have reached a stage in life when they should not hike alone.  I can't imagine what his family is going through not knowing what happened.

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hello everyone,

Jacqui, thank you for checking in, and good going on the free upgrade to the alarm system.  I hope Lee dies down before reaching the Bay of Fundy and your area.  Stay safe.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Sam is back in the hospital with an increase in his brain bleed and they have to decide whether to operate or wait and watch. Needless to say I am very worried about the outcome of brain surgery and the risks of doing it or of the bleed getting bigger. Both ways hold serious risks.

Carol, I am sorry to hear of Sam's setback.  Healing thoughts sent his way and prayers that his medical team will find a way to restore him to health.  Hugs for you!

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I just used Google to see if I could find the recipe for the shrimp tacos I had on HAL.  It turns out it is a America's Test Kitchen recipe.  It uses lettuce, tomatoes, avocados along with a lot of other things that can be left out if you want to.  I guess since HAL is not longer affiliated with ATK, that explains why I haven't seen them since 2018.  I thought it had been on the Amsterdam, but it must have been on the Zaandam where I had them.  Here is a picture of the tacos and a link to the recipe.

SFS_Shrimp_Tacos_RESHOOT-5.webp.76e2001712ac004fe35f1261f09ff957.webp

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/guides/america-s-test-kitchen-onboard-holland-america-line/serious-tacos

I might give the recipe a try even though I am not a fan of ATK.

Lenda

It looks pretty good to me!   Even if you are not a fan of ATK, you know the product here and it is worth the effort.  I bought shrimp and taco makings.  

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I just wanted to let everyone know that Lou is in his home and glad to be here.Thanks to all.

Terry, that is good to hear.  I am sure Lou is far more comfortable being in his own home.  Hugs to you both.

@kazu Jacqui, good to hear from you!  I hope Lee turns into a wimp before he makes it to your place.  Stay safe!

@Cruising-along Carolyn, I'm pleased to hear that the satay chicken with peanut sauce was a hit.  That may be the meal for Farkle Friday which is on Saturday this week.  

@Denise T I'm happy to hear that your adrenal mass is benign, even though it has grown.  Do keep track of it.  My surgeon told me mine had to come out whether it was hormonal or not (it was) due to size.  They don't like to let them get too big.  He said if it had been any bigger they wouldn't have been able to do it laparoscopically.  

Busy day today.  We did our morning walk and I am still in pain from that.  It doesn't hurt as much to walk on the treadmill at the gym.  And I don't have pain from using the weight machines.  I think I am going to have to go in that direction rather than walking the neighborhood.  The pain from walking is because of my back issues.  Every step on pavement sends a jolt up my spine and it settles in my neck and shoulders.  I think I only have two discs that are not damaged.  Most no longer exist.  But, I will keep moving.  I have a lot more nature to commune with.  

After the walk we went to the grocery store.  Wednesday is our shopping day since we get a 15% senior discount.  May as well take advantage of it.  After lunch I pulled all the cans of old paint that were gifted to us by the previous owners and filled them with kitty litter.  Once they are dried up we can put them in the trash.  I am determined to keep up with stuff like that.  Time will tell how good I am with that.  

Have a good afternoon, everyone!

• Like 23

Good Wednesday afternoon from Quebec City. We are on turnaround day of our B2B on NCL Joy. I’ve had difficulty getting on the CC boards.. I can get to CC but the boards don’t come in before I time out. 

We’re enjoying our cruise, not a lot of adventuring. Weather has been not great. May get much worse as we are in the path of Hurricane Lee. We are scheduled to be in Sydney NS Sunday, Halifax NS Monday. We might have an altered itinerary. At this point that I think is preferred but it’s too early for announcements.  

DH has been able to get his eye pressure measurements uploaded most days and is doing ok on the additional meds. No more trialing off some meds until we return home. 

Blessings every day to all the Dailyites for healing, comfort or hope. I’ve scanned Vanessa’s lists, thank you!  Hoping to see improvements soon. 
Cheers to those celebrating, Life is Good!  Safe travels for all who are away and thinking of all in the path of Lee!  We missed 2 ports due to delayed departure caused by Idalia. I’m confident we’ll be kept safe from Lee. 

Photo of Chateau Frontenac last evening taken from the ship. 

IMG_1879.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, dfish said:

@kazu Jacqui, good to hear from you!  I hope Lee turns into a wimp before he makes it to your place.  Stay safe!

I’m afraid it is going to no wimp.  100 mph winds for us forecast already.  May be worse.  I check but I learned long ago best to be prepared for this crap.

It was a lot easier when I had DD DH to help.  😢 

There are definitely going to be some cutbacks next year.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’m afraid it is going to no wimp.  100 mph winds for us forecast already.  May be worse.  I check but I learned long ago best to be prepared for this crap.

It was a lot easier when I had DD DH to help.  😢 

There are definitely going to be some cutbacks next year.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 15

Good afternoon and Happy Wednesday. I didn’t make the tuna melt the other day but I needed to use the frozen tuna I had thawed out so made a pressed sandwich. It’s being pressed right now. 

I have said this before but will mention again, I don’t watch the news or read the news so was wondering about the fugitive that was captured today, thank goodness, so did some research and couldn’t believe that this person had murdered his ex girlfriend by stabbing her and is also considered a suspect in a murder in his native country. No wonder such a manhunt was going on. 

I’m so envious of everyone cruising right now. We don’t have anything scheduled until late January. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19

Good sunny and warm afternoon. The media frenzy has started to die down, he has now been transferred to the state prison for the rest of his life. The hero K9 name is Yoda. He apparently did bite him more than once. 
@kazu, glad to see your technical difficulties are fixed. Stay safe in the storm.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Hello everyone.  It seems with the change in time zones I’m either very early or very late;  today it’s late. We arrived in Barcelona last evening and checked into our hotel Casa Camper, thanks to @kazu’s recommendation.  We love it and would most definitely stay here again.  Today was a guided tour of La Sagrada Familia and a self guided tour of Park Güell.  I have to say that I’m blow away by the genius of Gaudi.  After a late afternoon siesta we had tapas at another recommendation by @kazu Bar Lobo which was excellent, thank you so much for that.  Tomorrow we board Oosterdam. Since we’ve been on the road for two weeks it doesn’t seem real yet. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list especially for the victims of the dam failure in Libya.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events!  Following are some photos from today.

IMG_1134.thumb.jpeg.f4200b356c0c6a38f922a42cf1fae5cf.jpegIMG_1134.thumb.jpeg.f4200b356c0c6a38f922a42cf1fae5cf.jpegIMG_1138.thumb.jpeg.dd3c654ac94ee7a36b9f7f151526c6c3.jpegIMG_1137.thumb.jpeg.c9fa2e5adb89422d35a34ab29f87f360.jpegIMG_1126.thumb.jpeg.15b3c45454bf3071e0fbf1b0e8842579.jpegIMG_1115.thumb.jpeg.8f3fed0750bffa91cf1f998538ff1490.jpegIMG_1108.thumb.jpeg.3df2786915a5b3ecd2608fc89e13fa08.jpegIMG_1090.thumb.jpeg.449e4c379cd864ca85d946293e974c0f.jpegIMG_1080.thumb.jpeg.1e59fa7521c8ee70bcb7f7c515e81bfb.jpegIMG_1073.thumb.jpeg.82de56cf2a89dc79b8e0b3f41527e342.jpegIMG_1060.thumb.jpeg.45861006f5b0dc015d71b311e1aeb5db.jpegIMG_1045.thumb.jpeg.04dcb426bafe5fd41412265892d3cd3d.jpegIMG_1044.thumb.jpeg.cca90d57a7cc9e509341193089d4e17c.jpegIMG_1036.thumb.jpeg.2face4b7aeb6b3b994db5bdbf58002af.jpegIMG_1034.thumb.jpeg.a8a3a4e57b03d67915afeb1138cbbba8.jpegIMG_1023.thumb.jpeg.b98efff8be2ad04cb76aad76182a277d.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

We arrived in Barcelona last evening and checked into our hotel Casa Camper, thanks to @kazu’s recommendation.  We love it and would most definitely stay here again.  Today was a guided tour of La Sagrada Familia and a self guided tour of Park Güell.  I have to say that I’m blow away by the genius of Gaudi.  After a late afternoon siesta we had tapas at another recommendation by @kazu Bar Lobo which was excellent, thank you so much for that.  Tomorrow we board Oosterdam. Since we’ve been on the road for two weeks it doesn’t seem real yet.

Great pics.  I love Gaudi as did DD DH but I particularly like the one of you (I think it’s you?) looking so relaxed and at peace.

I am so glad (and relieved) you liked Casa Camper and enjoyed Bar Lobo.  

I was very impressed with Casa Camper - they pulled out every stop for me when I hurt my foot.  Even put on an extra person to help me if needed.

I don’t think I ever tipped as much in my life as I did to the guys when I left.  they refused them the entire time but once I checked out, I said - I’m no longer a guest - may so I’m going to gift you.  the looks on their faces were precious.

I hope you have a lovely time on the Oosterdam.  If you have some of the crew we did last November, you will have a wonderful cruise 🙂 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1