Change in "Thank You" for booking this cruise email

TrueCruiseaholic

I just received the same type of email I have for many other cruises that essentially says "Thank You" for booking this cruise.

It then says (paraphrasing) "Here's some things to look forward to on the ship."

In the past, these emails use to be "from" LLP.

This one ends with:

"We can't wait to set sail with you on board.

Until then, let the anticipation begin.

With sincere gratitude,

The Celebrity Cruises Team"

Has anyone received an email similar to the old ones "from" LLP but "from" LHB?

I know it is a computer generated email, but it was a nice touch that they made it seem like the President of the company was appreciative of my business. 

Before or now, no member of senior management was involved in sending thank you emails.  Why be bothered what signature is on a system generated letter.   For that matter, who cares if an automated email even has a signature.  Better to have a link or toll free number should someone have a question.   

• Like 2

I apologize in advance if this sounds harsh, but I can't imagine caring about anything less than that.  I do get the point the OP was trying to make, but really, it's a change someone along the chain decided to make, probably with very little thought, and while it may seem like yet another departure from what one expects, it's really really meaningless relative to the cruise experience IMO.  Sorry.

I agree. If something that costs nothing but improves the cruise experience can’t be maintained then it makes you wonder what else is being cut. Being kind costs nothing either, but it also makes people feel welcome and appreciated. 

Now if this Celebrity Cruises Team actually did reach out to you personally that would be a big step forward. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

I apologize in advance if this sounds harsh, but I can't imagine caring about anything less than that.  I do get the point the OP was trying to make, but really, it's a change someone along the chain decided to make, probably with very little thought, and while it may seem like yet another departure from what one expects, it's really really meaningless relative to the cruise experience IMO.  Sorry.

I disagree.  Even though it was just a form letter, I was surprised to receive a "thank you for your business" from the CEO of Celebrity when I first started booking cruises.  Quite a difference from my usual Royal Caribbean experience.  Building relationships with your customers is the best way to keep them from looking elsewhere.  I think the new head of Celebrity must have missed that class in business school.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

I disagree.  Even though it was just a form letter, I was surprised to receive a "thank you for your business" from the CEO of Celebrity when I first started booking cruises.  Quite a difference from my usual Royal Caribbean experience.  Building relationships with your customers is the best way to keep them from looking elsewhere.  I think the new head of Celebrity must have missed that class in business school.

I assume you don't think the CEO really wrote that letter, though, do you?  I agree, it's a nice touch, but in reality it's just a systematic gesture that was automatically sent to everyone who booked a cruise...

• Thanks 1