The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 15th, 2023

richwmn

Rosh Hashanah developments:

It turns out that our new rabbi did not schedule anyone to do the second Torah reading on the second day. To explain: on holidays, there are two readings, from different scrolls. The first one each day is the longer; on Rosh Hashanah the second reading, shorter, is six verses from Numbers that are specifically about the holiday. On Sunday, the second day, I'm doing the first reading and now, it appears, also the second, which I don't know.

At least tonight, I'll be only virtual, because I have sniffles and a scratchy throat. I hope that keeping my house warm overnight will help--it was quite cold this morning.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Dear Dailyites,

I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers and cyber hugs.  We brought Dad home on 9/13/23 and he was comfortable.  He passed the morning of 9/14/23.  It has been a roller coaster past 11 days as at the hospital he improved for a bit and then had more problems, he was moved from ICU to the medical floor and back twice!  The Covid just knocked his other medical problems off kilter.

I am so relieved he didn't pass on the day he was admitted as it was his wife's 90th birthday.  She is doing as well as can be expected they had been married 35 years.

I am doing okay, just kind lost as the past 4 years had spent so much of my time taking care of Dad.  Over to his house 2-4 times a day depending on what he needed. (and other caregivers available).  Hubby wants me to plan a cruise, I told him I would but not for a bit.  I just need to get through his memorial and decompress.

Thank you all again, just reading through CC and thinking about happier adventures that Dad shared with me, helped ease the hours the past 2 weeks.

Hugs to all of you, your and your families are in my prayers.

Denise

I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing Denise.

Sending you our condolences.

Graham and Pauline x.

1160308.gif

• Like 13

I am doing okay, just kind lost as the past 4 years had spent so much of my time taking care of Dad.  Over to his house 2-4 times a day depending on what he needed. (and other caregivers available).  Hubby wants me to plan a cruise, I told him I would but not for a bit.

Thank for all you kindness to him. May the Almighty send comfort.

You will plan a cruise when you are ready. Don't rush anything.

• Like 17

Dear Dailyites,

I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers and cyber hugs.  We brought Dad home on 9/13/23 and he was comfortable.  He passed the morning of 9/14/23.  It has been a roller coaster past 11 days as at the hospital he improved for a bit and then had more problems, he was moved from ICU to the medical floor and back twice!  The Covid just knocked his other medical problems off kilter.

I am so relieved he didn't pass on the day he was admitted as it was his wife's 90th birthday.  She is doing as well as can be expected they had been married 35 years.

I am doing okay, just kind lost as the past 4 years had spent so much of my time taking care of Dad.  Over to his house 2-4 times a day depending on what he needed. (and other caregivers available).  Hubby wants me to plan a cruise, I told him I would but not for a bit.  I just need to get through his memorial and decompress.

Thank you all again, just reading through CC and thinking about happier adventures that Dad shared with me, helped ease the hours the past 2 weeks.

Denise

Denise, our condolences on the passing of your father.  I'm glad that he was able to be home in familiar surroundings for a while before he died.  I hope you can take comfort in knowing you did everything you could to make his life and his wife's life easier the last few years.  May the good memories of your time with your father give you comfort.  As others have said, cruise when you are ready, but don't rush anything.

sympathy-quotes-loss-of-wife-wishing-peace-comfort.thumb.jpg.58d789da6863aba7d2354f53b2ff10a9.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15

I have been without internet for a couple of days so I am behind in reading the daily. I will go back and play catch up later today and tomorrow. The Cox Cable technician showed up last evening, 15 minutes early and spent almost 1 1/2 hours going through all of the cable boxes and checking out my computer, the tv's and the phones. All are working well now; excellant service.

The fish chowder and the blue drink sound wonderful, just need a sourdough bread bowl for the chowder and someone to cook it for me.

Today at our church Hearts in Service meeting we started folding shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. We folded 150 boxes, still need 50 boxes to accomplish the goal we set last year.This next month will be shopping to fill these boxes, shopping dates not yet determined.  

@CrabbyPattiI am sorry for the loss of your father. Of course you feel lost, you need to give yourself permission and time for grief.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 18

@CrabbyPatti I want to add my deepest condolences on the death of your dear Dad. 

We are just now departing Seattle, all settled into our cabin on the Solstice. Doesn’t take long to unpack for a 7-day cruise! 😂

Looking forward to dinner in the Tuscan Grill and a musical performance tonight, sea day tomorrow. We couldn’t have had better weather to sail from Seattle. 

Thank you for the bon voyages!

IMG_1007.thumb.jpeg.b3d00aa12fb4e41e1002e2c33bcb78c2.jpeg

IMG_1008.thumb.jpeg.16d9907d95ba07c4aaeac712f657e973.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Dear Dailyites,

Denise

I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing.  Bringing him home on hospice was a gift to him and to you in his final days.  I'm sure he was much happier to be home than in the hospital.  He must have been a wonderful man to have a daughter like you.  

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Oh Debbie, I sure hope you can get the help you need.  I know how much you enjoy hiking and communing with nature.   I have my fingers and toes crossed for you 🤞 🤞 

I'll just do it anyways and then medicate with a glass of wine.  How's that sound?

• Like 15

We had a good day on the scenic train from Garibaldi to Rockaway Beach. Little disappointed as they used a Diesel locomotive versus the old steam locomotive which is only on weekends.

We had our Pronto Pup dog which resembles a corn dog but is more of a pancake batter. 
Tomorrow is our last day and Sunday we’ll drive back to Seattle and catch a 6 AM flight home Monday.😱

It’s been fun sharing our adventure with you all. Have a great weekend.

@kazu Jacqui stay safe and hope all is OK.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.960439d61ad59132c26b1326eae32646.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0839ffe644d22c9f2bd32a5c87eb74c1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dbe52c5daa287f83a1b6375e525a16ea.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.afb7baeaeae09df970bf86875eaea820.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eeec6ae87bb0c80039f6c8623cba6af1.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Dear Dailyites,

Denise

Denise

I am so sorry. Doubly hard for you as your Dad’s daughter and caretaker. I hope wonderful memories will help ease your pain. 

Ann

• Like 14

3 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Dear Dailyites,

Denise

@CrabbyPatti I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. 

• Like 12

Well, third time’s the charm: I’m in Las Vegas! The first time I had to cancel because of my eye surgery (I couldn’t go higher than 2k feet in elevation), the next time my BFF’s sister died and with the funeral and family coming in she couldn’t go. So this has been planned for some time. 

We have meals planed with friends, a show (comedian Henry Cho), bingo, spa days, shopping, and more restaurants. I’ll also be working a bit since I want to save vacation time. 

Thank you all for caring and sharing. Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Well, third time’s the charm: I’m in Las Vegas! The first time I had to cancel because of my eye surgery (I couldn’t go higher than 2k feet in elevation), the next time my BFF’s sister died and with the funeral and family coming in she couldn’t go. So this has been planned for some time. 

We have meals planed with friends, a show (comedian Henry Cho), bingo, spa days, shopping, and more restaurants. I’ll also be working a bit since I want to save vacation time. 

Thank you all for caring and sharing. Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. 

I hope you're not in one of the places that was hacked.

Roy

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I hope you're not in one of the places that was hacked.

Roy

I’m at South Point, a single property.  I think 🤞 the hackers are after the big companies with lots of properties, i.e., big bucks. 

Thanks for your concern. 😘 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Marcia, enjoy LV now that you finally made it there.

Lenda

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Have a great time..

Terri

• Like 7

My neighbor to my left complained to me two weeks ago, that one of my weedy wild trees was hanging over her garage, and she wanted me to cut it down.  DH asked our yard guy how much he wanted to cut it down, and he said 300.  He would have to get on the roof and cut from there.  Well I guess she asked her yard guy to do it because i looked out the back bedroom and it seemed to be gone.

But on Wednesday I noticed that when i went outside, and went to the left , i could not see through the upside down U walk through azaleas on the right, camillia on the left, why?  the back of the side yard was blocked. I took a short glance and figured that he had put the tree on our side of the yard to cut up.  But when i was walking the dog today, I noticed that our neighbor had a huge pine limb that wasnt on her tree any more.  Guess what is at the end of my yard?  Her pine tree, the fence is demolished, its on the roof, it's killed and broken the flowering trees, and it is so massive, that I cant cut my way through.  Because part of it was lying against the house, I wanted to make sure that the two windows behind it were not broken, so I clipped and part of the pine needles hit me in the face and stabbed me in the eye.  Eye is very sore.  I told DH that if it was not better tomorrow take me to the ER.  I really am having a hard time seeing out of it.  The windows are not broken, the air conditioner did not get squished because the limb hit the roof.  But neither DH nor I are physically able to get up on the roof to take a look.  I guess I will have to call the insurance people out tomorrow morning.

Night all!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

@CrabbyPatti I am so sorry to read about your father’s passing. I remember you saying that you were bringing him home for his final days and I’m sure you are glad you did that. Condolences to you and your family. 

Annie @marshhawk, ouch!  Be careful and don’t go climbing any trees or rooftops. Keep an eye on the eye. 😉

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I hope you have a wonderful time in Las Vegas Marcia @dobiemom.

I'm pleased for you that you finally made it.

Graham.

• Like 6