Would you trust Princess with your Formal wear?

Yehootu

My wife usually brings a steamer  to steam her formal wear. Not so sure we want to bring it this time. I usually do our laundry and would iron our things while she steamed some. I'm thinking of just sending  things out to be pressed/steamed. We've done the ship behind the scenes tour ( awesome if you can do one) pre covid and don't remember seeing them steaming anything. Do remember the large industrial table pressers. Any thoughts??

Mahalo

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I have lost an item I sent out for laundry. I would not trust Princess with anything that one can not risk losing or getting damaged.

People learn after their first bad experience. 

Only trust them with things you don't really care about. 

• Like 1

I love to do my bit of gaming, but don't relish the smell of smoke after, so I send my gowns to be done immediately after. They come back beautifully pressed and freshy fresh, as c-boy said. Never had an issue in 10+ Princess cruises.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I love to do my bit of gaming, but don't relish the smell of smoke after, so I send my gowns to be done immediately after. They come back beautifully pressed and freshy fresh, as c-boy said. Never had an issue in 10+ Princess cruises.

that's cause you have good karma 😉

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

People learn after their first bad experience. 

Only trust them with things you don't really care about. 

If getting the dress steamed or pressed is important, there is no other option.  I’ve never had anything lost or damaged, although we don’t send much out, usually just dress shirts. I prefer to do my own laundry.

One thing I recently noticed is that their prices are way less than my local dry cleaner. Even if you aren’t Elite, it could be worth it to send out cleaning. I was really surprised!

IMG_8077.thumb.jpeg.8416f0df747c58b6dfa0688477d9c5a7.jpeg

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

Is there a charge for this or is it included with the Elite Laundry perk?

13 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Steamers are not allowed and can be confiscated. If you want to iron your own things, they are available in the launderette on every deck.

I wouldn’t hesitate to send a dress out though.

11 hours ago, memoak said:

We brought a steamer one time last year and were called to security to open our suitcase. The steamer was taken and we didn’t get it back till we got off the ship

Funny, that steamers been on at least 5 Princess cruises, the latest last March. Just didn't feel like lugging it around this time. Guess we'll use the perk and send out our things to be pressed,steamed. Still plan on doing much of our own laundry, I don't mind.

I carry a sport coat for cruises.  I fold it carefully and compress it in a zip lock bag for space savings.  When I eventually unpack it on the ship, I spritz it with water from a small spritzer bottle that I carry.  Twenty four hours later, it's as good as new.

I agree with others, only send out clothes that you don't care about.

Guest Snaxmuppet

We do use the laundry service but not for our special clothes. Even with shirts they can come back shrunk... I think they must do everything at high temperature.

9 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We do use the laundry service but not for our special clothes. Even with shirts they can come back shrunk... I think they must do everything at high temperature.

😆 you blame laundry service for this phenom. your on a cruise, we know what really happened. 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

You've got that right ! 

They once shrunk my husbands socks so badly he couldn't even get them on his feet. Never again. We use their blue hand soap and the bathroom sink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On HAL we always send our laundry out and they do it better than the professional cleaners at home!  Undergarments and socks come back in a basket with tissue paper and clothes are on hangers and all immaculate and never signs of shrinkage.  Not inexpensive, but so worth it.  Princess has been okay.

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet
15 hours ago, c-boy said:

😆 you blame laundry service for this phenom. your on a cruise, we know what really happened. 

What are you suggesting? That I eat and drink way too much on a cruise and that I might have expanded...? Never! 😉