10/2/23: Princess Cruises Introduces Expansive Vegan Menus For Plant-Based Cruisers

LACruiser88

46 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you ever see cauliflower steak with quinoa on the menu, definitely give it a try, vegan or not. It’s one of the best things I’ve eaten on Princess. 

IMG_4137.jpeg

We make cauliflower steaks on the Traeger and they are delicious.  

Which night's menu is this on?

YEAH!  I hope they will be offering some of these items on the buffet as well as in the dining room.  When I solo cruise, I seem to avoid the dining room.  I saw that Carnival is doing the same, the examples they gave in the press release for Carnival were different.

• Like 2

Another thing I found on Royal last week is that they seriously upped the Indian options in the buffet, which offers great vegetarian options. They actually had a different Indian theme every night, based on geography, I think--I remember a Hyderabad night. I like to graze early at the buffet and eat in the MDR after 8, so having different Indian light options is really nice (especially now that I can't have my usual late-afternoon free Alfredo's pizza, sigh). 

• Like 5

It sounds like from the press release that this is something you have to request ahead, like with allergy accommodations or low-salt. It would be nice if they are just added to the nightly menus. It would also be nice if Princess would lower the sodium in all their foods!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

It sounds like from the press release that this is something you have to request ahead, like with allergy accommodations or low-salt. It would be nice if they are just added to the nightly menus. It would also be nice if Princess would lower the sodium in all their foods!

You can easily ask for no sauce on anything you order, and that lowers the sodium tremendously.

• Like 1

We just got off the Regal on Friday.  My husband is vegan, tho will eat vegetarian sometimes.

We asked for the vegan menu in the dining room each night. Most everything was incredibly good.  That sample menu posted was just a few of the things as the menu changed each night. 

Overall, very very impressed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 12:29 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you ever see cauliflower steak with quinoa on the menu, definitely give it a try, vegan or not. It’s one of the best things I’ve eaten on Princess. 

IMG_4137.jpeg

Looks great!

Lunch or dinner?

We're sailing the end of this month for 32 days so i thought I'd call to add the request for the Vegan menu to our account. I think I got a phone rep on her first day on the job. She had to put me on long holds just to verify our names and sailing date.

I hope I haven't screwed up the whole reservation by doing this!

3 hours ago, chamima said:

Looks great!

Lunch or dinner?

Dinner. 

I do hope that the menus offer a selection of items for each course.  I’m not clear on if the three items they show under each heading are the only menu items available, so for example they would have three different menus, each one with one item for each course, or if there are multiple menus with three different items for each course. 

I guess I’m left to wonder how many choices are in “an array”?

11 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Dinner. 

I do hope that the menus offer a selection of items for each course.  I’m not clear on if the three items they show under each heading are the only menu items available, so for example they would have three different menus, each one with one item for each course, or if there are multiple menus with three different items for each course. 

More than a couple, less than several? 😁

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Dinner. 

I wondered the same thing.

It would be so nice to have "choices" for dinner instead of thinking up a meal every day for the next day.

We had this absolutely WONDERFUL waiter on Celebrity last year that would come to us every night with imaginative ideas for the next night. (And we were on for 38 nights!!!)  We were so spoiled!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BQuilter said:

There were different offerings each night. Some were repeated over the 12 night cruise.  The portobello meal was FANTASTIC,  according to husband. 

Sorry to belabor the point but was there one different offering each night or were there actually choices  - like the main menu choices?

I eat fish (husband is the vegan) and there's usually only one choice a night - which is fine with me, especially since I also eat dairy and Princess pasta is so wonderful as an alternative.

There were 2 or 3 choices for each, main, starter etc.   Sometimes husband would choose from both the vegan and regular menu.  You do have to ask for the vegan menu.  Not once did anyone say no.  Also,  we did not let princess know he was vegan before we went on the cruise.

• Thanks 4

On 10/2/2023 at 10:45 AM, voljeep said:

I am happy for those of you who follow this lifestyle. 

I feel like a wider variety of menu options is great, regardless of whether someone also wants meat at some meals or not.

• Like 1

My daughter is vegan.  We did a 14 night on Enchanted in June.  She appreciated that there were multiple options for dinner.

She did fill in the dietary preferences that she was vegan long before boarding.  But, you just need to ask in the MDR and they will bring the vegan menu. The servers who recognized us would automatically bring her the vegan menu but otherwise she just asked.  

There was no breakfast vegan menu in the MDR.  There may have been a lunch menu.  We only ate lunch in the MDR once, so I don't remember....

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I am starting to see some of the vegan menus that are being offered on the Regal Princess. If I get any different ones, I’ll post them in this thread. 

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

Thanks Jeannie!

We sail on Monday and I have high hopes for finally not having to special order every night!

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1