The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 4th, 2023

richwmn

I'll add to the frappe/frappé discussion that in Boston, a frappe is what the rest of the U.S. calls a milkshake, and a milkshake is chocolate milk that has been shaken or blended until it's foamy.

Tortellini soup would be OK with me in principle, but not "creamy" and "with sausage" at the same time. The cocktail frightens me: a Roku is a streaming device, and I don't think it should be added to gin. No Finger Lakes wine that is really similar to a Rioja, so I'll treat it as a wild card and go with Keuka Spring Millers Cove Red. I haven't been to Villefranche.

I spent the morning writing an assignment due at 1:00 today, and at 1:30 I have a meeting with my professor about a different assignment. That one is due while I'll be aboard ship, and because of uncertainty about Internet access, I want to finish it before I go.

possumdad.jpg.6bd848bda8465f829affc7cb8393e73f.jpg

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 13
  • Haha 9

Another late good morning from central Texas.  I was all set to post abut 7:30 when DH asked me to take the convertible up to an auto repair shop to see if they could find the cause of the vibration when we accelerate.  It could still be the sparkplugs and coils, but there are some other possibilities that are beyond my "capabilities" and that DH is not in shape to handle now.  I was there before 8:30, and the first appointment they have to work on the car is a week from Friday.  Naturally, we need the car Tuesday to go to the first post-op appointment at UTSW to get the staples removed.  At least, they will look at the car today to see what they think needs to be done.  

After breakfast and a couple of chores, I am finally back here.  It is 83F and feels like 91F with 79% humidity and a dew point of 75F.  It looks like I won't get my walk in today.  Our predicted high is 92F.  We are alternating between cloudy and partly cloudy.  There is a strong chance of rain overnight with isolated thunderstorms.  The rain is supposed to end a couple of hours before DH's x-ray appointment tomorrow morning.  I'm glad I made it for 11:45 and not 9 am.  I checked with our PCP's off and the spine surgeon's office actually faxed the orders yesterday.  👏

Today, I'm still playing catch up with the things that didn't get done the last several days.  I'll also get my flu shot this afternoon.

DH played golf in the early 1970s, but I was a miserable failure at golf.  Just think of the memes about bad, really bad, golfers.  Still, I'm glad that those who enjoy the game have their day.  Someone else can enjoy my frappe while I celebrate the animals of the world.

The quote sounds like Edgar Allan Poe, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

The creamy tortellini soup with sausage sounds good, and it could be made vegetarian by omitting the sausage.  It will be saved for another day, since we'll be having chicken fajitas tonight.  I have some chicken that needs to be eaten.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice.

We have not docked or tendered at Villefranche, but did tender back to Noordam III once when the captain had to move the ship from Monte Carlo to Villefranche during the day due to bad weather.  They provided a bus from Monte Carlo to Villefranche.  We have visited Nice, Cannes and even Genoa from Monaco.  I'll look for appropriate pictures soon.

We wanted to take the Orient Express from Paris to Istanbul, but never did.  I'm sure the calendar change in 1582 was disconcerting to everyone.

@0106  Tina, safe travels to Amsterdam today.  I'm glad after the two hour delay that you got flights and could still get premium seats with Delta.  Enjoy your cruise.

@St Pete Cruiser  Safe flights today and hopefully, without any of the drama others have faced recently.  Enjoy your cruise.

@Smmessineo  Welcome to the Daily.  It was good to see your second post, and we hope you will join us often.  Unlike some of the other CC threads we don't "bite".  😉

@marshhawk  Annie, what DH calls a headache is really the pressure from the NPH, and while the CT Scan Monday showed the ventricles were normal size compared to the CT Scan pre-op, it will probably take more time for the feeling to completely disappear.  He is doing better, but still taking it very easy.  Annie, enjoy your tacos today.  

@AroundWithMAPTravels  Welcome to the Daily.  I hope you visit often.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad the new aide is a lovely young woman, who probably knows how to handle "cranky" patients who are not feeling their best.  She must be very nice if the dogs approve.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope your DH doesn't have any surprises at the dentist today.  Enjoy your anniversary dinner.  You both deserve a nice, relaxing meal out.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope your back improves quickly.  We've found Aspercreme works very well.  I hope we both get some very much needed rain overnight.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad Scott is showing signs of improvement.  If the problem is an "electrical" problem with the heart, he might be placed on Metoprolol, which helps regulate the heart beat.  Whatever they find, I hope it can be fixed easily.

@luvtoride  I'm glad you are not having a reaction to the flu and covid vaccines.

@Haljo1935  I'm sorry the URI is still hanging on, and I hope it goes away soon.  I hope the three appointments go well, and you can get help with the hip.  I hope the surgeon is pleased with the shoulder progress.  I hope your DH's stress test shows he does not need more stents.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, it must be a big relief to get the trust documents and the wills signed.  

Thank you to all who continue sending good wishes to DH for a good recovery.  It helps to know so many people care about us just as we care about all of you.

I expect many of you shop on Amazon and have noticed how they are trying to use lighter, smaller boxes and strong paper shipping packs.  I was surprised today when my new curling iron arrived.  It came in a box that was 16 1/4 x 2 1/2 x 2 3/4 inches. 

That box was in a box that was 16 x 8 x 11 1/2 inches and stuffed with "a ton" brown paper.  I thought it was a little over kill.  😁

366670878_781443757321092_3079200257602331625_n.jpg.aea3ff600b8b66db248d4e95ede3da66.jpg

349119989_627709015633915_2629708758091317123_n.jpg.d461ad6cb2a630e455005004ef3c3669.jpg

351323452_585936253677258_4675579174598995261_n.thumb.jpg.919b0cc95c05cd70c5c13c07505b8aaf.jpg

353018468_218561707692426_5126815857858982964_n.jpg.5a739c61e01937216e57213cce1545df.jpg

355114771_664404712393576_5095181788873644476_n.thumb.jpg.6c1103891f698d49708ff14431128536.jpg

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 19

We have been to Cannes four times while on cruises that anchored in Monte Carlo or St. Tropez.

The first pictures are of the nice beach in Cannes.  Unlike the rock beach in Nice, Cannes beach is sand.   The beach is also a topless beach, but I better not share DH's picture to prove it.  😉

IMG_0183.thumb.JPG.ce4d3008891d5a5736a922cc4b1441ff.JPG

These pictures of the beach were taken during the Cannes Film Festival in 2002 and 2004.  The white tents were used during the festival.

IMG_0562.thumb.JPG.7250a3d251e0605ed9c9578d4fccc979.JPG

IMG_3008.thumb.JPG.b8ef5f222b0f255b416a1cb53eaab59e.JPG

PICT0006.thumb.JPG.1186ee03e2725d178d220d7e5ee42a70.JPG

PICT0007.thumb.JPG.aa7441bcfd10ea793f43f9e190b4c332.JPG

This is the restaurant where we had lunch in 2001 while on a tour.

IMG_0181.thumb.JPG.4dbd4ebc4657d9c598440b33e1306aa9.JPG

Some street scenes of Cannes from 2001 and 2002.

IMG_0182.thumb.JPG.c3ecfc920a7b79472a8cb20f8adad89c.JPG

IMG_0187.thumb.JPG.24352e48ebb555c9a8916e74018ac225.JPG

IMG_0189.thumb.JPG.f48d483a1907e667fff3432c53c69841.JPG

IMG_0190.thumb.JPG.4d9b586d1c2d95dabb441f67758ddaea.JPG

These last pictures were taken in 2004, and show some of the signs advertising that year's movies.

IMG_3009.thumb.JPG.04a2c287d2687da661093d3e979b0cfd.JPG

IMG_3010.thumb.JPG.2f97d29c287d6de41305f94da0b8cd3c.JPG

IMG_3011.thumb.JPG.b73ab04bbfb9ffddf2e7dea0c3b58496.JPG

The main auditorium used during the festival.

PICT0005.thumb.JPG.285672aac3c819460888b6c15c55462e.JPG

We passed this living statue in 2004.

IMG_3007.thumb.JPG.3094e0dfe4797859de9927baa847381b.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lorraine, you can go to your post office and ask to talk to the supervisor.  Explain the length of your cruise and ask for a hold for longer than 30 days.  Sometimes they're in a good mood and agree.  Usually they write out the yellow card while you stand there.  For a longer cruise like a Grand Voyage, I have done two holds.  First I go online (or you can write out the yellow card) and stop the mail the first 30 days.  When delivery begins again, I have my neighbor/friend pick up the mail that day at my mailbox.  The following day they put a filled-out yellow card in the box with flag up for the carrier.  When the carrier stops they take the yellow card back to the post office and begin another hold period.  Neighbor can check the mailbox for more mail that same day.  That's how I do it.

I have a neighbor pick it up.

Susan

• Like 9

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

3 good days. And National Taco Day. It's also National Cinnamon Roll day, according to my grocery store which has a next to nothing price for a pack of 4. The quote by Poe is too deep for me today. I like the meal (with tomato sauce in it), pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Nice. Interesting dates in history, especially skipping those 10 days.

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday greetings! It's quite warm here and getting more humid. I got fair sleep, but had the usual pain on moving my leg at around 6AM. It's been a busy morning. First a blood draw. Then I picked up my new glasses, which seem to be an improvement. Then a quick stop at the pharmacy and grocery store. Now I'm having my coffee and just a little snack since I was fasting. BFF is taking me out for dinner this evening. I scheduled to get my RSV shot on Saturday. I'll get the other 2 toward the end of the month.

@Cruzin Terri Happy Anniversary to you and Jim!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for sharing your Nice photos. That's good news that Scott is slowly improving (and great about the refunds). 

@Smmessineo Welcome to the Daily!

@rafinmd I hope you're enjoying your day in Saguenay.

@cat shepard Wow on Canadian smoke reaching you all the way down in FL.

@aliaschief Lots going on in your house. I need to schedule to get my boiler checked.

@0106 Oh my goodness on the flight cancellation; I would have been in a panic! I'm so glad you're rebooked and got premium seats too. I'll look for you on Jacqui's thread.

@cruising sister I hope your asthma is improved soon. 

@marshhawk You two so deserve your trip. I pray all goes well getting there, touring and for your cruise.

@smitty34877 I'm glad that the aide seems like she will work out. Nice that family is coming to visit.

@Seasick Sailor I'm sorry you had a sleepless night. The lidocaine patches or Salonpas are both good for muscle pulls and aches. 

@Haljo1935 I hope the appointment goes well with the surgeon, and that the Chiro can help with the numbness. Sorry you're still coughing. I hope all goes well with DH's stress test. 

@RMLincoln Congrats on getting all those documents done! Now on to gearing up for moving.

@kochleffel I learned that distinction between Frappe and Milkshake while going to school in Boston. I was very disappointed when I first ordered a milkshake.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad Steve is feeling better. Nice photos.

@St Pete Cruiser Safe and smooth travels today.

Well, I'd better get the trash out into the alley. And my RA meds just came, so all that packaging can go out too.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Good morning all!

It took awhile to catch up on the 4 pages of the Daily, plus I got up a little later than usual (sleepless night).

I've never golfed, but feel I would be as bad at that as I am at tennis. 🤣 DH golfed often when we first married.  Never had a frappe -- I've never seen them offered in these parts.  I love almost ALL animals.  I'll pass on the meal, drink and red wine.  Tacos sound good for tonight, and I have almost everything here.  We were in Nice, but it was pre-digital so no photos.  We were with my sister and her DH, the port was Monte Carlo but we took public transportation first to Eze, then to Nice.

Well we managed to get all our visas yesterday for Australia and NZ.  It went pretty smoothly for me, but DH had a few hiccups like one of them was forcing him to scan his credit card (I only had to put in my cc numbers) and it wouldn't accept the scan.  Finally he got out of the app and started all over and lo and behold, he didn't have to scan it then. Also a few other annoyances, like not getting the emails they said they sent -- I guess I was lucky when I did mine.  Next up is getting supplemental medical insurance to go with our HAL cancel for any reason ins.  

Terri @Cruzin Terri A very happy 42nd anniversary to you and Jim!

Vanessa @JazzyV Happy birthday!!  I hope you have a wonderful day.  Will you be going out for dinner?

Welcome to @AroundWithMAPTravels and @Smmessineo!  We hope to hear a lot more from you. 🙂  

Annie @marshhawk Yikes, I hope your cat sitter is alright.

Terry @smitty34877 I'm so glad your aide is working out.

Tina @0106 What a morning you had!  I'm glad it all worked out.  I avoid Delta whenever possible, problems in the past.  Sometimes we have no choice though!

@St Pete Cruiser Safe travels!

Lorraine @cruising sister For this cruise my neighbor will pick up our mail.  When we were gone for 75 days a couple years ago, our P.O. assured me that my mail would be held in a P.O. Box (and I paid for it).  It was a huge fiasco and the mail was never held (story gets worse, but won't go into all that!)  So now I don't trust them.  That's just our P.O. though, I know most people don't have problems.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Whoops!!! Just got kicked off.

OK... late today and have only read about 1/2 of the list.... will read the rest later. It is chilly today, some frost on the north facing roofs. But the sun is shinning. I took the dogs in early this morning to the vet for dental checks and cleaning. I am going to be broke.

@JazzyVHappy Birthday!! @Cruzin TerriHappy Anniversary!!!

All of you know I will celebrate anything to do with the happiness of animals. On the other hand, my dogs are probably not celebrating.

Back later after I have finished reading, get some lunch and probably after I pick up some very groggy dogs who will less than happy with me.

Susan

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Wow, the site went down just as I hit submit on my long post! Thankfully it posted.

I thought it was me.  I am sitting in the waiting room of the dentist office waiting for Jim and I the internet is slow.  So I thought that was it.

Terri

• Like 13

Looking back through my pictures, I found some pictures of Nice from our first European cruise on Golden Princess in 2001.  I also found three pictures from our 2004 Noordam III cruise when we were bussed to Villefranche after Captain John Scott had to move the ship to safer waters as a storm was approaching.

The pictures of Nice were taken during our brief stop there on our 2001 tour to Cannes from Monaco.  I know we took the train there in 2002 from Monaco.  That time we did the Ho-Ho, but I can't find those pictures.

The open air market in the original old town.  The building in the back ground is the Palais de la Préfecture, a government building.

IMG_0171.thumb.JPG.00838167face30a588b6f139de5ce4c3.JPG

IMG_0172.thumb.JPG.bcc49a500e82270d3cf3735048895e1f.JPG

IMG_0173.thumb.JPG.36bc0885f0152de3fe1ea265301471b9.JPG

The rocky "beach" that was not at all inviting.  We were surprised to see people on the beach.

IMG_0175.thumb.JPG.4acaba26ef9f76c8f7e27f607ce9105c.JPG

An old Quai

IMG_0176.thumb.JPG.7074fe5b85eaa9a01d8183d65daf8ecf.JPG

An inviting fountain and a garden

IMG_0177.thumb.JPG.6005e593078b83be74c257cabdb99092.JPG

IMG_0178.thumb.JPG.663ef06f166fc95f28c976317192fef0.JPG

These pictures of Villefranche were taken from the Noordam III. 

IMG_2758.thumb.JPG.f3a5cb9f5cef1c05603db579a06a00d2.JPG

IMG_2759.thumb.JPG.8219762ca6fe25955950399636e15dba.JPG

IMG_2760.thumb.JPG.a911c92a59ab09a9e847fc76af8961e1.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

From near Saguenay this morning.  I didn't actually see the sun but it was officially up and showing it's glory from behind the hill:

DSCF8722.thumb.JPG.b37eb101905a8ce36e35df01a9ebe209.JPG

Roy

Roy did the folks of Saguenay have their famous welcoming greeters for your ship?

Wave at Roy! Live Saguenay Web Cam.

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/canada/quebec/saguenay-la-baie.html

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 18

Just a quick addition..... I got my flu and RSV shots yesterday. My only reaction is a bit of soreness in one arm.... the flu side. Will probably try for the Covid jab later this month since I still have time. The pharmacy tells me they ran out of them on Monday. So I have 2 of 3.

Off now to figure out lunch and supper. The soup really looks good but will probably have a hamburger (no bun) with veggies of some type as a side. I am not feeling very original these days. Oh to have someone cooking for me. All the menus and pictures being posted make me drool and also realize what a lazy cook I have become.

Susan

• Like 21

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

I think so but think they were gone by the time I got off.

Roy

Too bad it’s the greatest welcoming. Sample blueberry pie, sugar on snow sample, costumed actors. By the time we get there at the end of October many businesses related to tourism will be shutting down for the winter. Hope your enjoying your cruise.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Another update on Scott, Susan's DH.  He is off the ventilator!  The late birthday gift for Susan is he was able to whisper her name.

He's congested and they pray pneumonia doesn't set in.  The are sending in the respiratory therapist, the nephrologist (still in dialysis), a speech therapist and electrophysiologist among others.  He may even get a feeding tube due to weakness caused by all the meds.  Sounds like he has a long way to go still, but baby steps (like Steve and Lenda).

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, 0106 said:

After 2 hours on the phone with HAL/FlightEase, we have been rebooked.  Thank you for talking me down off the ledge @summer slope @StLouisCruisers @cruising sister @puppycanducruise @ottahand7 @Denise T @marshhawk @dfish and everyone else who sent me positive thoughts.    The Delta flight to Boston (instead of JFK)  leaves from BWI 2 hours earlier.  We have a direct flight from Boston to Amsterdam, most importantly, premium seats were still available for the international flight.  

You probably won't see me on the Daily for the next 3 weeks, I will be posting on Jacqui's LIVE thread.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising!

Great news, Tina!   Now, sit back, enjoy the flight, and have a wonderful cruise!  

@RMLincoln Congratulations, Maureen on getting all the legal paperwork done.  Now it is full steam ahead for your move!

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I second the suggestions for Aspercreme, lidocaine patches, and Salonpas.  I've used all three and they are pretty effective.  In fact, I used some Aspercreme today after working on the leaves all morning.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon to all!  Sitting at the dock in San Francisco. It is a warm day here after a cold and wet Vancouver and Victoria. We have had some rocky seas and cold winds but today is absolutely gorgeous. I’m in shorts and a tank top!  I didn’t get internet on this cruise so trying to catch up is a tad difficult. I turned on the internet to 250 emails!!

As always fantastic people and crew on board though I didn’t have hot water until this morning. 🥴. Food had been good and I came in second in Simon Says!  Ok there were only 3 of us and 2  came in second!!  I still got a free drink out of it!

I’m on my phone so I tend to forget names but Happy Birthday and Happy anniversary to those it applies to ( so sorry to forget the names). 

off to go walking and enjoy the sun. 

Everyone have a great day!!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

Great news, Tina!   Now, sit back, enjoy the flight, and have a wonderful cruise!  

@RMLincoln Congratulations, Maureen on getting all the legal paperwork done.  Now it is full steam ahead for your move!

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I second the suggestions for Aspercreme, lidocaine patches, and Salonpas.  I've used all three and they are pretty effective.  In fact, I used some Aspercreme today after working on the leaves all morning.  

In addition to all those helpful therapies mentioned, I have used Icy Hot, very affective on my knees...tingles. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Picked up the doggies and my bank account is now much lighter. Both needed extractions (dental issues are so common with the Toy breeds). Both came home and demanded something to eat since they had no breakfast.... I gave them a few pieces of kibble which they wolfed right down. Will give the a little more with a bit of soft food at their regular feeding time. Now they are out for count on the sofa.

Susan

• Like 18

At least in some respects things are looking up.  When I went to get my flu shot, I also got the new Covid vaccine.  It came in after I made the appointment yesterday morning.  I guess I'll have a fairly sore arm for a few days since I wanted both shots in the same arm.  While I was there, I made an appointment tor tomorrow for DH to get the Covid shot and an updated pneumonia shot.  I'll get the pneumonia shot next week.  Two are enough for one day.

I got a booklet in the mail from our local grocery store with some Halloween recipes.  Pumpkin spice in many things is already too much, but pumpkin deviled eggs.  🎃 😈 🥚 I think not.  😝  But then, I do not care for pumpkin.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It took awhile to catch up on the 4 pages of the Daily, plus I got up a little later than usual (sleepless night).

I've never golfed, but feel I would be as bad at that as I am at tennis. 🤣 DH golfed often when we first married.  Never had a frappe -- I've never seen them offered in these parts.  I love almost ALL animals.  I'll pass on the meal, drink and red wine.  Tacos sound good for tonight, and I have almost everything here.  We were in Nice, but it was pre-digital so no photos.  We were with my sister and her DH, the port was Monte Carlo but we took public transportation first to Eze, then to Nice.

Well we managed to get all our visas yesterday for Australia and NZ.  It went pretty smoothly for me, but DH had a few hiccups like one of them was forcing him to scan his credit card (I only had to put in my cc numbers) and it wouldn't accept the scan.  Finally he got out of the app and started all over and lo and behold, he didn't have to scan it then. Also a few other annoyances, like not getting the emails they said they sent -- I guess I was lucky when I did mine.  Next up is getting supplemental medical insurance to go with our HAL cancel for any reason ins.  

Terri @Cruzin Terri A very happy 42nd anniversary to you and Jim!

Vanessa @JazzyV Happy birthday!!  I hope you have a wonderful day.  Will you be going out for dinner?

Welcome to @AroundWithMAPTravels and @Smmessineo!  We hope to hear a lot more from you. 🙂  

Annie @marshhawk Yikes, I hope your cat sitter is alright.

Terry @smitty34877 I'm so glad your aide is working out.

Tina @0106 What a morning you had!  I'm glad it all worked out.  I avoid Delta whenever possible, problems in the past.  Sometimes we have no choice though!

@St Pete Cruiser Safe travels!

Lorraine @cruising sister For this cruise my neighbor will pick up our mail.  When we were gone for 75 days a couple years ago, our P.O. assured me that my mail would be held in a P.O. Box (and I paid for it).  It was a huge fiasco and the mail was never held (story gets worse, but won't go into all that!)  So now I don't trust them.  That's just our P.O. though, I know most people don't have problems.

Carolyn, I'm not good at tennis or softball either.  Congratulations on getting your Aus. and NZ visas uploaded.

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Just a quick addition..... I got my flu and RSV shots yesterday. My only reaction is a bit of soreness in one arm.... the flu side. Will probably try for the Covid jab later this month since I still have time. The pharmacy tells me they ran out of them on Monday. So I have 2 of 3.

Off now to figure out lunch and supper. The soup really looks good but will probably have a hamburger (no bun) with veggies of some type as a side. I am not feeling very original these days. Oh to have someone cooking for me. All the menus and pictures being posted make me drool and also realize what a lazy cook I have become.

Susan

Susan, in 2020 when the lockdown started I was really into cooking and that lasted until sometime last year.  Now, it's usually really easy meals with an occasional more involved meal. 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Another update on Scott, Susan's DH.  He is off the ventilator!  The late birthday gift for Susan is he was able to whisper her name.

He's congested and they pray pneumonia doesn't set in.  The are sending in the respiratory therapist, the nephrologist (still in dialysis), a speech therapist and electrophysiologist among others.  He may even get a feeding tube due to weakness caused by all the meds.  Sounds like he has a long way to go still, but baby steps (like Steve and Lenda).

Sandi, that is good news. I hope Scott surprises them all and recovers quickly.  Baby steps are still steps in the right direction.

13 minutes ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I'm convert to Aspercreme.  For years I didn't think it would work since Salonpas did work when it first came out.  I tried Aspercreme when I hurt my knee last year, and I'm a convert.

13 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good afternoon to all!  Sitting at the dock in San Francisco. It is a warm day here after a cold and wet Vancouver and Victoria. We have had some rocky seas and cold winds but today is absolutely gorgeous. I’m in shorts and a tank top!  I didn’t get internet on this cruise so trying to catch up is a tad difficult. I turned on the internet to 250 emails!!

As always fantastic people and crew on board though I didn’t have hot water until this morning. 🥴. Food had been good and I came in second in Simon Says!  Ok there were only 3 of us and 2  came in second!!  I still got a free drink out of it!

I’m on my phone so I tend to forget names but Happy Birthday and Happy anniversary to those it applies to ( so sorry to forget the names). 

off to go walking and enjoy the sun. 

Everyone have a great day!!

Penny, I'm glad the cruise is going well, but no hot water until today -- YIKES! 😱  I'm glad the weather is better.

11 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Picked up the doggies and my bank account is now much lighter. Both needed extractions (dental issues are so common with the Toy breeds). Both came home and demanded something to eat since they had no breakfast.... I gave them a few pieces of kibble which they wolfed right down. Will give the a little more with a bit of soft food at their regular feeding time. Now they are out for count on the sofa.

Susan

Susan, our 7 lb. mini dachshund had bad teeth too.  Had 7 pulled at one time, poor baby.  I hope your little ones feel better soon.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday to @JazzyV and Happy Anniversary to @Cruzin Terri.

Healing thoughts to all those with medical issues.

We are back from out 14 day Alaska cruise - we both have colds - no Covid, and hopefully will feel better soon. 

@Nickelpenny glad the weather has improved. When we left the ship on Sunday they said they were turning off the hot water due to an issue with it and would be fixing it during that day. Sorry to hear it wasn't working for you.

Safe travels to all that are cruising.  And wow about canceling flights. We were lucky that though our flights were delayed we managed to make all our connections, though on our flight from FLL to Lax with our connection to Vancouver we literally walked from one flight right onto the next one since we were delayed and then sat on the tarmac since there was no gate available to us.  Flying is no fun at all anymore but it has to be done if we want to travel.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2