Are Celebrity ships sailing at full capacity now?

DimSum

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

They are on many itineraries, there might be some that are not but I know my silhouette on Nov 20th is just about full.  Not going to have the wonderful luxury of when they restarted and ships were like 50% or less any more.  

Last I checked (yesterday) there were 2 cabins unsold...one the Horizon suite and the other an inside cabin.  Most likely a result of move up and some insides kept off the site for purchase...JMO.

Edit:  Today on the 20th Silhouette there is only the Horizon Suite available.  Move up has a great price on it when I checked last compared with the X site pricing. 

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Last I checked (yesterday) there were 2 cabins unsold...one the Horizon suite and the other an inside cabin.  Most likely a result of move up and some insides kept off the site for purchase...JMO.

Edit:  Today on the 20th Silhouette there is only the Horizon Suite available.  Move up has a great price on it when I checked last compared with the X site pricing. 

There are other cabins also put in 3 people and there are still some available under verandah, not sure how many as it only list gty rooms.  I saw the Horizon but not moving as I have a b2b and iin the same room both trips, one of the hump cabins concierge.  

Sounds like the consensus is yes, generally sold out.  Thankfully with most Royal and Celebrity ships they were designed well to handle full capacity.  You will always have situations where you will "feel" the crowds like pool deck on a sea day, or buffet for breakfast  or lunch (especially  on a sea day)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bikerunner said:

There are other cabins also put in 3 people and there are still some available under verandah, not sure how many as it only list gty rooms.  I saw the Horizon but not moving as I have a b2b and iin the same room both trips, one of the hump cabins concierge.  

I've checked X website and today there's 1 Aqua and the Horizon suite...also check an 'unnamed' site which always agrees with X....can you share which site you see these verandah and others?

5 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

We’re on Equinox in January 2024 and until final payment, all categories except Retreat were sold out.  But once final payment date passed, all categories seem to now have a few available rooms.  Will be interesting if they all get swooped up at this late stage or not

The final payment was due this Tuesday for our 10 day Ultimate Caribbean cruise, 1/15/24. For quite some time only Retreat and inside rooms were available. Now I just checked and only Aqua (our category) is sold out. Now who knows how it will shake out, but there is an 11 day Panama Canal cruise at the end of January that is all sold out except for Retreat, for the lovely price of $27,000+.

BUT WAIT!!! It was $45,000+, now that is a deal!! 🙃

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've checked X website and today there's 1 Aqua and the Horizon suite...also check an 'unnamed' site which always agrees with X....can you share which site you see these verandah and others?

They said if they put in 3 people they see the veranda. I was able to see the same thing - 1 guarantee veranda available for a triple. If you put 2 people, you can see an Aqua and the Horizon (1 each). 

• Thanks 1

the other number of interest is what the average extra revenue from the pax on board. Cruise fare and occupancy rates are one thing as it covers the cost but X needs spa, specialty restaurants and other add ons to push profit. 

32 minutes ago, tfred said:

the other number of interest is what the average extra revenue from the pax on board. Cruise fare and occupancy rates are one thing as it covers the cost but X needs spa, specialty restaurants and other add ons to push profit. 

They should be making immense profits from drink packages as well.

13 hours ago, bikerunner said:

They are on many itineraries, there might be some that are not but I know my silhouette on Nov 20th is just about full.  Not going to have the wonderful luxury of when they restarted and ships were like 50% or less any more.  

When we cruised in the first year after Restart, we started with 13% (about 400 passengers), followed by our next cruise with about 20% capacity (And closed to full staff!)  It was FABULOUS!!  We did not see 50% capacity until a year and a half after restart😂.

I think we need to keep in mind that many of these bookings might be from FCC during the shutdown.  Or is that timing past? Will be interesting to see what next year's capacities look like with so much bad publicity about MDR food, taking away dedicated butlers for sky suites, and on and on. Couple that with the reinstitution of student loan payments, as well as credit card debt shock from so much overspending and we'll see what happens. I know I have fewer Celebrity cruises booked for next year than I usually would. 

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think we need to keep in mind that many of these bookings might be from FCC during the shutdown.  Or is that timing past? Will be interesting to see what next year's capacities look like with so much bad publicity about MDR food, taking away dedicated butlers for sky suites, and on and on. Couple that with the reinstitution of student loan payments, as well as credit card debt shock from so much overspending and we'll see what happens. I know I have fewer Celebrity cruises booked for next year than I usually would. 

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/your-business/cost-now-less-important-leisure-travelers-stats

then there is this