Disney???

bazzaw

Is the Disney cruise brand going to work in Oz? It is a long time between school holidays. and this article tells me that it is VERY child oriented  https://www.kidspot.com.au/lifestyle/family-travel/5-things-you-need-to-know-before-you-set-sail-on-a-disney-cruise/news-story/a74d4c1f2b74e550ee33be6058467444

That's understandable.

If there was, for example, 1 child aged say, 10 for every adult aged 35 you would have an average age of 22.5. A lot of kids? Who are the "fans"?

These days parents aren't having kids until well into their 30s. Some kids may be accompanied by grandparents. There may be adults without children. So what does averaging mean? What does it tell us?

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

That's understandable.

If there was, for example, 1 child aged say, 10 for every adult aged 35 you would have an average age of 22.5. A lot of kids? Who are the "fans"?

These days parents aren't having kids until well into their 30s. Some kids may be accompanied by grandparents. There may be adults without children. So what does averaging mean? What does it tell us?

Average is mean.

But even the median age is higher than adolescent.

I have friends that disembarked this morning - adult friends, travelling as adults with no kids in tow. They loved it, and I enjoyed seeing the photos of them wearing mouse ears. Disney has loyal fans who are happy to pay for the more immersive experience. It isn't just Aussies aboard either.

Not our cuppa unless we have grandies that are fans of the Disney brands. For us, I compare it to Rock the Boat cruises, where we are happy to pay twice the money to be immersed with nostalgic pop/rock acts from our younger days. They are twice the price, and still the same food/drinks/islands, but the cruise is somewhere near double the experience.

As to the original question, Disney cruising will work in Australia.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

I have friends that disembarked this morning - adult friends, travelling as adults with no kids in tow. They loved it, and I enjoyed seeing the photos of them wearing mouse ears. Disney has loyal fans who are happy to pay for the more immersive experience. It isn't just Aussies aboard either.

Not our cuppa unless we have grandies that are fans of the Disney brands. For us, I compare it to Rock the Boat cruises, where we are happy to pay twice the money to be immersed with nostalgic pop/rock acts from our younger days. They are twice the price, and still the same food/drinks/islands, but the cruise is somewhere near double the experience.

As to the original question, Disney cruising will work in Australia.

Have you seen what's on at Civic Theatre this Sunday? Legends.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The average age of Disney fans is well above child. I imagine the cruise line would be like the theme parks, with a similar age average well above 25.

We have a couple of friends fast approaching 30 who would mow down kids on the gangway to get onboard.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

DW is a Disney fan; she has over 160 Mickey Mouse watches.

But we won’t be cruising with Disney at the prices they are charging. 😱

Hi, you cruise a fair bit - would it be worth splashing out on a short Disney cruise just to impress/keep Cathryn happy?

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

Hi, you cruise a fair bit - would it be worth splashing out on a short Disney cruise just to impress/keep Cathryn happy?

She would not be impressed with the price. For what they’re asking for a 3 or 4 night cruise we can go on a 10 or 12 night cruise. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

She would not be impressed with the price. For what they’re asking for a 3 or 4 night cruise we can go on a 10 or 12 night cruise. 

Even if you wanted to spend that money, you would want to avoid the gift shop. I hear the prices are Goofy, but the watches are Mickey Mouse.

• Haha 2

On 11/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, bazzaw said:

Is the Disney cruise brand going to work in Oz? 

Short answer, yes.

On 11/1/2023 at 6:58 PM, JJK2008 said:

Disney Wonder is leaving Sydney OPT as I write this.

We were on this cruise. It was full. Disney is not about the destination it is about the experience. 

We are a senior couple and travelled without our family. We participated in a fish extender group and pixie dusted. There were family groups, couples of various ages and singles as well - both male and female.There were a lot of Asian families - cheaper to fly here than the states. There was lots to do for every age group. (If you choose). Dining was up there with the best we have had on a ship. The shows were excellent. We didn’t line up to meet characters but saw a few around the ship. Staff were all happy and helpful. Prices are high for drinks and merchandise. But you can take on alcohol and softdrink and coffee machine are free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

saw the disney Wonder in Auckland while on the Grand... so many people with micky mouse ears... looked at the prices    3 nights in a interior $2700 NZ per head... some how I dont think so

Cheers Don     nest cruise Sunday 

We were in Auckland same day, same ship.

Honestly it looked like Mickey Mouse had thrown up on everyone's head.

I don't mind the odd Disney movie here and there but I ain't that enamored or gullible to spend my hard earned on what is essentially a family cruise.