Capt Club email "something big is coming" Nov 6th

NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, tfred said:

Us also. Close to half price. 

Grabbed a sunset sky suite before the prices jumped up to normal on 1/4/26. . It's 2 weeks after our 40th anniversary. I hadn't even thought of planning yet, but too good to resist. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I did hold a SS for 1/4/26. Total with prepaid grats is $5,475.

Come on @GenerationX, @KKB, @Silkroad, @Mrs_Tiki, @Irishredhead21.

mac_tlc

@mac_tlc, that is a great deal, but we are going to hold off booking any additional X cruises until after our 1/24 Ascent voyage. We want to see for ourselves how service in the Retreat has changed with the new butler team concept.

18 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

@mac_tlc, that is a great deal, but we are going to hold off booking any additional X cruises until after our 1/24 Ascent voyage. We want to see for ourselves how service in the Retreat has changed with the new butler team concept.

That was our thought as well but when I saw this deal, I figured I would hold one.

Just checked the price again and now it is $8,600+ for a Sky Suite. I wouldn’t book at that price!

mac_tlc

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

We are Zenith and sail in RS and PS.  We have no intention of setting foot on an E-class ship.

I also was hesitant.  However tried the Edge and the Apex b/2/b in a suite.  The Apex was perhaps the best celebrity cruise ever.  The dedicated suite areas are fabulous. " Try it you will like it!"

2 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Yawn. I am sorely disappointed that the new ship only sails around the Caribbean. 

that is the meat of the cruise market these days. All the profit is there especially with ALL the people who have never cruised anywhere. Big ships=Big ports 

Other lines with smaller ships can do the more interesting itineraries. 

23 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Yawn. I am sorely disappointed that the new ship only sails around the Caribbean. 

It's the first season with a late fall/winter maiden voyage. They weren't sending a brand new ship to do winter Meditteranean. Caribbean is the key market with the most passengers. Pretty much a guarantee it will do the Med/Europe for summer 2026. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's the first season with a late fall/winter maiden voyage. They weren't sending a brand new ship to do winter Meditteranean. Caribbean is the key market with the most passengers. Pretty much a guarantee it will do the Med/Europe for summer 2026. 

I totally agree and Europe with a TA is excellent!  Also, my Capital One came up with a 2 per cent extra discount for all new cruises; not a lot, but every little bit counts when you send it to your TA.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RichYak said:

You're assuming Sky Suites take up the space of 2 IV cabins. I doubt that. You're also assuming they didn't add new inside cabins where there weren't any on Ascent. I doubt that too.

Officially from Celebrity Xcel has 1640 cabins at 3248 pax at double occupancy. Ascent and Beyond are 1646 cabins at 3260 pax. 

• Thanks 1

A little more insight to the cabin makeup compared to Ascent/Beyond: 

24 more Sky Suites 

6 more Celebrity Suites 

31 more Aqua Class cabins 

21 less Concierge Class cabins 

62 less Infinite Verandas (E1/E2/E3/ES)

6 more Standard Veranda (SV/P1/P2 and the four new V1 cabins)

4 less Ocean View cabins 

6 more Inside Cabins 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

24 more Sky Suites 

6 more Celebrity Suites 

4 less Ocean View cabins 

6 more Inside Cabins 

Interesting. Looks like Luminae and the Retreat Lounge need to be bigger than Ascent/Beyond.

mac_tlc

44 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

24 more Sky Suites 

6 more Celebrity Suites 

4 less Ocean View cabins 

6 more Inside Cabins 

certainly can see where the money is going - suites.   I would hope that Luminae and Retreat deck are bigger than now.  

Judging by this, the suite bookings must be going well. They wouldn't be adding more hoping that it improves. 

9 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Well done!! Great price! I totally missed out! Would love to book another TA for  a good price in the fall of 2025. Fingers crossed and eyes peeled. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Just saw your post and checked prices. Now $8,376 without gratuities, which is more than I’m willing to pay for a 7-night cruise in the Caribbean. I’m glad you got a great price!

3 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Just saw your post and checked prices. Now $8,376 without gratuities, which is more than I’m willing to pay for a 7-night cruise in the Caribbean. I’m glad you got a great price!

I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay that price either. Too bad it disappeared so quickly. 😔

mac_tlc

25 minutes ago, Irishredhead21 said:

Well done!! Great price! I totally missed out! Would love to book another TA for  a good price in the fall of 2025. Fingers crossed and eyes peeled. 

We were also interested in a Fall 2025 TA and discovered a 14 day Barcelona - Miami on the Oceania Vista. For the two of us in a Penthouse Suite (similar in size to a Celebrity Suite) the total was about $9,200, or about  $328 per person per day. Includes wifi, butler service, specialty restaurants and more. That price is still available through the end of the month.

Looking forward to trying a new cruise line and ship. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1