Singles cruise

Coleen615

Does anyone know of any cruises for just single people? When i looked online it took me to singles cruise i found one on there bur turns out the cruise isnt only singles. Looks like couples are attending. Parents and children per the thread on here. There has to be a cruise specifically for single people to meet. Curious if anyone knows how to go about finding. 

One potential issue with a singles only cruise is that stateroom fares are based on double occupancy, so unless every single travels with another single friend, the fares may be prohibitive for single occupancy staterooms.  Each solo passenger would typically pay the full (or close to) double rate minus one set of taxes and port fees. Booking an entire ship in that manner to allow just singles only may not be feasible. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just a friendly reminder to all...

Please remember the following from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships: Travel Agent Recommendations

This means no posts naming travel agents/agencies (online or brick & mortar), cruise line "personal cruise consultants", promoters of hosted group cruises for singles/solos or any other sources/venues for cruise purchase are allowed. Or even cryptic hints.

Please note, hosted dedicated singles/solos cruises are most often group cruises through a travel agency or promoter and have their own links to cruise-related material or message boards. Posting their names or links is not permitted either.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coleen615 said:

Does anyone know of any cruises for just single people? When i looked online it took me to singles cruise i found one on there but turns out the cruise isnt only singles. Looks like couples are attending. Parents and children per the thread on here. There has to be a cruise specifically for single people to meet. Curious if anyone knows how to go about finding. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic! CC has boards for Singles

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/85-singles-cruises/

and Solos

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/279-solo-cruisers/

There seem to be some overlap in the "coverage", but plenty on board to browse. Hoping you find some hints that don't break the CC rules!

15 hours ago, Coleen615 said:

Does anyone know of any cruises for just single people? When i looked online it took me to singles cruise i found one on there bur turns out the cruise isnt only singles. Looks like couples are attending. Parents and children per the thread on here. There has to be a cruise specifically for single people to meet. Curious if anyone knows how to go about finding. 

You've received some good advice here, but let me tie things together:

* I don't know of any cruises with only single people, whether in solo cabins or bunking together

* I know of at least one agency that bundles singles together on certain cruise ships. The groups on each ship number around 100 to 200.

* Most of the mainstream cruise lines that I know of have solo cruiser meet and greets at various times on their cruises. They tend to be open ended, unhosted by crew, and poorly attended. But maybe the one you show up for will be the exception?

* I haven't seen any cruise line do any serious romantic matchmaking among its singles

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

There are some TA's (can't mention who) that will put together a single's cruise. They will do roommate matching/etc. However, this is usually not a full ship charter, but just a group. I'm not aware of any line that specializes in a single's cruise. 

I think that is the key.  I have not heard of any full ship booking or charter that was singles only in its make up.  But, as you indicate, there are singles groups that are booked into general bookings on ships that would be oriented towards their own meet and mingles, on board functions at various venues, port of call activities, etc.  And different cruise lines would be better choices for this than others, such as Carnival v HAL, RCCL v Celebrity, Virgin v Disney, etc.  A TA who offers singles groups would be the best route to pursue IMO.