My Time Dining

cellfree

56 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

My TA was able to change me from MTD to early seating. However when I look at the cruise planner, I still have my time dining reservations, which I did before requesting the change and before knowing that MTD was not anymore a good option. 

How can I see on the cruise planner which dining option I finally have? What do I do with those MTD reservations? Do I cancel them one by one? Or will they be get automatically removed now that I have early dining?

When my TA switched me to TD from MTD all my reservations were cancelled automatically and I received a bunch of emails confirming that.  If you didn't receive the emails I"d be skeptical that you have TD.  Check your latest invoice.  That should show it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

When my TA switched me to TD from MTD all my reservations were cancelled automatically and I received a bunch of emails confirming that.  If you didn't receive the emails I"d be skeptical that you have TD.  Check your latest invoice.  That should show it. 

Thank you! I have received the bunch of emails (there were under junk mail) and in the App now shows that I have early dining 👌. I have never though that I would be happy to change from MTD to TD 😁

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thank you! I have received the bunch of emails (there were under junk mail) and in the App now shows that I have early dining 👌. I have never though that I would be happy to change from MTD to TD 😁

Where on the App do you see that you have TD? I got emails with all of our mealtime cancellations. But do not see TD on App. 

3 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

One more question, I have asked my TA to request a table for 2. In the confirmation says “small” in relation to table. Is this for sure a table for two? Or maybe it is for 4 people?

Just go see the host at the desk on boarding and ensure you have the table you want.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Where on the App do you see that you have TD? I got emails with all of our mealtime cancellations. But do not see TD on App. 

There is a figure of a person. When I klick there and scroll down, I see dining. And there it shows traditional dining and the time.

23 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

There is a figure of a person. When I klick there and scroll down, I see dining. And there it shows traditional dining and the time.

Found it, says TD and 5:15.

I called Royal two days ago when I realized the late dining options available for MTD and was put on Waitlist, worked, thank you to all who helped. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, travelberlin said:

My TA was able to change me from MTD to early seating. However when I look at the cruise planner, I still have my time dining reservations, which I did before requesting the change and before knowing that MTD was not anymore a good option. 

How can I see on the cruise planner which dining option I finally have? What do I do with those MTD reservations? Do I cancel them one by one? Or will they be get automatically removed now that I have early dining?

Check your app.  That is where I found my confirmed early TD.  Many times when we board the ship, the table number will appear as well.  We try to check out the location then.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So we sailed on wonder from 3-10 December. No long waits for MTD, we had reserved times, usually turned up about 10 mins early and waited around 5 mins at most.  Also saw no long lines for those without reservations, and the lines there were moved quite quickly.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, glentally said:

I am a solo traveler. Can I get a table for one at MTD?

Unless things have changed, the general default for MTD is a private table per party. If someone wants to share they can wait to see if there is another party willing to share, but the default is one party per table. That's certainly been my experience anyway - and the reason I'd rather do MTD so I'm not stuck at a table where things are just uncomfortable (which has been my experience every time I've been placed at a table with others) because I have nothing in common with the others at the table.

• Like 1

How do you sign up for the earlier dining?  I just checked the app for our cruise in April and only MTD is showing up starting at 6:45pm!!  Way too late for us with kids and grandparents.  I’m a bit panicked now as I had no idea we would not be able to get into the main dining room before 7pm.  TIA!

1 hour ago, kcheme said:

How do you sign up for the earlier dining?  I just checked the app for our cruise in April and only MTD is showing up starting at 6:45pm!!  Way too late for us with kids and grandparents.  I’m a bit panicked now as I had no idea we would not be able to get into the main dining room before 7pm.  TIA!

Contact whoever booked the cruise for you (Royal, if booked direct, or your TA) and request the change.

9 hours ago, kcheme said:

How do you sign up for the earlier dining?

Early traditional may be full by this time but you might be able to get on a waitlist. Otherwise, go to the MDR as soon as you board and talk to the host about changing - might be tough with a big party. Book something in MTD just so you have a booking.

Edited by Biker19

On 11/29/2023 at 2:14 PM, cellfree said:

Well, live and learn for me!
Upcoming cruise Sunday, four days out, first Royal cruise in a long time.

Chose (or were given it as reservation was made so long ago I forget) My Time Dining. What I did not know was that you can go on the App and reserve your dining time early, I discovered this today. As a result what is now left are times later than 7:30/7:45, too late for us. I suppose we will be experiencing the Buffet for dinner more often than not.

where on the app can you change this? Can't find it

On 11/29/2023 at 3:13 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

Which Radiance cruise?  We also have an upcoming cruise on it

My Radiance cruise is February 17th and it was changed from 6:00 to 5:15 for set dining. My friends cruise is January 11th and they did the same thing to her.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:39 AM, doghog said:

Not happening for us. We'll still be sitting in the CL enjoying a cheese snack and a drink or two. Then we'll slowly walk into the MDR between 5:30 and 5:40. We'll have a two top. 

Pardon my newness, what is the CL?