Recent experience in Diamond (er..Crown) Lounge

Ironically since we made Pinnacle some time ago, we are now booking with other lines for the first time in 20 years.  Viking has become our go to cruise line now.  And in fact just booked another one on line with Chat a couple of days ago.  😉 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sigh...indeed so many things are changing, and not for the better.  😞  But we do adore the new voucher program...pretty much coffee in the morning is about the only time I use the lounges.   

For us, our go to bar is usually the VCL bar to use our vouchers.  Any lounge...any time...is happy hour now.  🙂 

I do like the voucher program.  I've tried bars during HH, but I find them:  A) very crowded or B) hosting trivia so you can't talk or C) playing very loud music.  Obviously YMMV.

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I do like the voucher program.  I've tried bars during HH, but I find them:  A) very crowded or B) hosting trivia so you can't talk or C) playing very loud music.  Obviously YMMV.

Agree...especially the Schooner Bar (trivia...loud).   Our usual go to bar is the very underutilized VCL bar.  Great view, not usually crowded.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree...especially the Schooner Bar (trivia...loud).   Our usual go to bar is the very underutilized VCL bar.  Great view, not usually crowded.  

We like the voucher program also. Any time, any where.  Maybe the CAS should rename it the Anytime, Anywhere Beverages (AAB). 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I've only been on 3 ships (Enchantment, Voyager, Liberty) since restart that had VCL.  Enchantment  DL/CL is in upper VCL (and, IIRC, part of VCL was Pinn Lounge), Voyager VCL was used for Pinn Lounge, and Liberty DL/SL are rooms within the VCL.  I can't win.  😄

Actually, we did use VCL bar several times on Enchantment.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

This is for you @doghog😄    Not busy at all in the Concierge Lounge!  Just two crazy pax.  

20231219_140456.jpg

Love it. Made my day. You two are the best. BTW, nice to see your cameo appearance.  🍷

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That's no longer and option for me, since D+ were kicked out of Concierge Lounge.

Don't feel too bad.  Pinnacles are often kicked out of the concierge lounge as well so not an option for Pinnacles not staying  in a full suite either.   

M  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Don't feel too bad.  Pinnacles are often kicked out of the concierge lounge as well so not an option for Pinnacles not staying  in a full suite either.   

M  

Actually, this has changed within the last 30-45 days.  When accounting for the number of people allowed in the Suite Lounge on ships with a Coastal Kitchen, those Pinnacles staying in a suite are eliminated from the "Pinnacle" count.  I was on the Liberty, the Anthem, and the Navigator over the last month, and was in the Suite Lounge every night on all 3 ships, and ate in the Coastal kitchen on the Anthem. I'm Pinnacle and I don't book suites.

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

My experience with Concierges that have episodes of flagrant rule-breaking, is they avoid direct confrontation.  They will usually call or talk to the offender in private to explain what is and is not allowed.  

I've experienced this personally when there was a problem one night with a man bringing his VERY vocal baby and his 3 year old son in with him.  The toddler was running up and down the window sills all across the width of the lounge, and the baby never stopped yelling.

I had to talk to two Concierges before the first one "got it", and the man was quietly told the next evening that he would have to leave if his children became disruptive again.

On the other hand, I usually don't say anything if the children are there for food, and are gone by 6-6:30.  The Navigator last week was like this.  A mad daycare atmosphere from 5-6, and then quiet until 8pm.  The whole ship had a LARGE number of children, as it was a weekend cruise.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, pcur said:

Actually, this has changed within the last 30-45 days.  When accounting for the number of people allowed in the Suite Lounge on ships with a Coastal Kitchen, those Pinnacles staying in a suite are eliminated from the "Pinnacle" count.  I was on the Liberty, the Anthem, and the Navigator over the last month, and was in the Suite Lounge every night on all 3 ships, and ate in the Coastal kitchen on the Anthem. I'm Pinnacle and I don't book suites.

If there are high numbers of pinnacles on board, and one does not fall into the top, 30 (regardless if they take suite pinnacles in the count) then access is restricted. 

I’ve recently had access, but many others have not.
Doesn’t really matter to me, lounge access is one of the least important benefits to me. I know it is important to others.

m

13 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Perhaps the concierge spoke with them privately, later on, to say that guests should not be brought in, rather than pursuing the matter in front of all the other pax.

Good question….OP, did those nonmembers come back the next night?

• Like 1

I am the OP returning.  I'm not sure what I expected from the D concierge.  To clarify - the lounge was not particularly crowded - this was a 4+5=9 B2B for us, so there were probably very few Pins or even Ds and above (we are D+).  I was just taken aback by the entitled attitude of the one guy. I would never have reported the DC because he was such an attentive and engaging young man.  I actually felt sorry for him being put in that awkward position.  Also to clarify - we generally use our vouchers rather than frequent the D lounge, especially on Oasis class.  We just like the views on this class of ship.  I have enjoyed all of your responses.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

I honestly can't remember seeing them again...but we weren't these every night.

I guess we can only hope it was taken care of. Maybe they felt conspicuous enough after the one incident to not return. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

I am the OP returning.  I'm not sure what I expected from the D concierge.  To clarify - the lounge was not particularly crowded - this was a 4+5=9 B2B for us, so there were probably very few Pins or even Ds and above (we are D+).  I was just taken aback by the entitled attitude of the one guy. I would never have reported the DC because he was such an attentive and engaging young man.  I actually felt sorry for him being put in that awkward position.  Also to clarify - we generally use our vouchers rather than frequent the D lounge, especially on Oasis class.  We just like the views on this class of ship.  I have enjoyed all of your responses.

don't you have to use vouchers in d lounge?

18 hours ago, doghog said:

We like the voucher program also. Any time, any where.  Maybe the CAS should rename it the Anytime, Anywhere Beverages (AAB). 

I may be wrong, but I would think that since Royal  introduced the vouchers, that most like them, us included 

• Like 5