VIP NYE Countdown - Harmony - 12/31/23

GetToLivin

New level of cruise-naivety unlocked! When I saw people with tables last NYE on Allure, I just thought they set up camp REALLY early in the day, I was like, wow these people are dedicated 🫡 I should have known better...here's what was sent my way this evening for our upcoming NYE cruise on Harmony:

image.png.8461d80907ce3f5bff78949509db6d9d.png

image.png.3248c1a9f637ce1cb4a2414638c7d518.png

image.png.eb6484569a4e912d34b30bf8cfc8753b.png

image.png.81cf7e0566dea230aa061e267ff6e0e0.png

For those that can afford, have a blast! I will be slummin' it up with the crowd below 🫠

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

New level of cruise-naivety unlocked! When I saw people with tables last NYE on Allure, I just thought they set up camp REALLY early in the day, I was like, wow these people are dedicated 🫡 I should have known better...here's what was sent my way this evening for our upcoming NYE cruise on Harmony:

For those that can afford, have a blast! I will be slummin' it up with the crowd below 🫠

What a joke, next they will be charging extra for everyone that has 2 feet standing on the ships deck no matter where you are on New Years Eve.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Ralph298 said:

take pictures of how full these tables are. It's amazing!

When we were on Allure they were all full! That's why I sincerely just thought people had been camping out for hours but nope, bought and paid for 🤑

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Supply and demand....if people are willing to pay that kinda money for those chairs, it would be crazy to not charge that much.

@GetToLivin I have a feeling you'll have just as much fun "slummin' it up with the crowd below as they'll be having in those seats.

LOL yes, it's brilliant really, but I just had no idea this was a "thing" until I got this email! I'll be a happy camper with my champagne regardless 😉 

• Like 2

Geeze. And what makes for a more expensive table?  A shorter walk to the bar? I could picture people who love to party-it-up on NYE springing for this, though that would not be me. At those prices, I'd sure expect at least some fancy hors d'oevres to go with my strawberries and petit fours dessert!

T.

8 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

LOL yes, it's brilliant really, but I just had no idea this was a "thing" until I got this email! I'll be a happy camper with my champagne regardless 😉 

There will have 'better' Champagne 😉

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Supply and demand....if people are willing to pay that kinda money for those chairs, it would be crazy to not charge that much.

@GetToLivin I have a feeling you'll have just as much fun "slummin' it up with the crowd below as they'll be having in those seats.

They've been doing this for years. Time is money, and vacation time is precious. Why should we be required to line up hours early when we can pay a premium.

If you think about it, same thing applies at sporting events, concerts, etc...

General Admission is for the birds😉

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

Been on multiple New Year’s Eve cruises. This is standard practice. Those prices are insane though I believe I paid around 3 to 400 for a table.

welcome to unfettered unregulated ultra capitalism. Where, without any exaggeration, the sole goal of our capitalist society is to get rich or die trying…. 

kinda sad.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, mousemom11 said:

I'm a little unsure about the language. Is the cost listed per person or for the entire table? Yikes either way, though.

It's for the whole table, looks like 4 - 6 people depending on what location you choose. 

I paid less to stand in front of Bubba Gump times Square to see the ball drop, restrooms, buffet, and party.

Pay 1200 on rising tide bar so you can see the mc countdown on the promenade?  

Why can't you just wait at the pizza place 20 minutes before for free?

I wish I can be rich  to afford rising tide bar on new years eve.  

It shows a sample menu for the cruise, but I was wondering if there is a special menu for New Years Eve in MDR.  We have the  specialty dining package, but they also want additional money beyond the package for the night in Chops, 150 Central Park and the Italian restaurant.

24 minutes ago, sjoantwe said:

It shows a sample menu for the cruise, but I was wondering if there is a special menu for New Years Eve in MDR.  We have the  specialty dining package, but they also want additional money beyond the package for the night in Chops, 150 Central Park and the Italian restaurant.

They always do that now. Additional cost in Specialty dining on Valentines Day, Christmas Eve., New Years, probably others. (packages are invalid) 🙄 Sorry, I don't know what the MDR menu will be.

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

You should all show your gratitude to the people who pay for these tables.  They are subsidizing your cruise.

Well they still aren't doing enough of  this because they are still raising cruise fares and cutting back on things.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

12/31/2021 - 9 night Anthem of the Seas - 4D OV Balcony SOLO = $946

Booked on Dec. 27, 2024 on the Adventure for $650 Canadian per person, 3 people in cabin) for an aft balcony.  Deals still show time to time if your travel agent has a good eye for deals.  No way we will be paying any extra for a table to sit at for the New Year celebration next year.

21 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

They've been doing this for years. Time is money, and vacation time is precious. Why should we be required to line up hours early when we can pay a premium.

If you think about it, same thing applies at sporting events, concerts, etc...

General Admission is for the birds😉

General admission at a concert is where the die hard fans are.... 

• Like 1