New Princess App available

iamaqt2

17 hours ago, IndyKid said:

After I booked our next cruise I loaded the new app and everything transferred from the old app. The card I had used for our previous cruise on-board account was hacked (not due to anything with the cruise) and it is no longer valid but it's showing as my shoreside card, I'll just let them think it's the one I want to use for that. My valid card is only for the on-board account. 

I had a similar issue.  When I went into the app to change the credit card to my new, valid number for the medallions purchase, Princess cancelled my previous order and required me to submit a new order.  The artwork DW wanted was no longer available and they now added the shipping charge (which I didn't have before...)

So I have just booked a new cruise which is before the Princess one previously booked. The old app is now showing only the new cruise and the new app is only showing the old cruise. 

It used to be when you went into the old app you could click on which cruise you wanted to look at. Can't you do that now? How cool were get both to show on the app as they are both later in the year?

Thanks for any help

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I looked at the new app last night and now it says I'm Green Lane and there is a QR code boarding pass there as well.  The only concern I have is that it only has a QR boarding pass with my name, DW's name doesn't appear there.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm assuming that as long as we have the medallions, that should suffice as our boarding passes, but we all know the phrase about the word 'assume'...🤷‍♂️ 

I have never needed a boarding pass as long as I have the medallion and passport 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think someone has mentioned this previously but there is nothing transferred from old App to new App.  The new App sources the data from central database where the old App accesses the same data.  New presentation and some new program logic involved, but the same data.

If it is the same data then why does the old app show me as elite and new app says new cruiser

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

If it is the same data then why does the old app show me as elite and new app says new cruiser

That can be a bug in the software displaying the data and not the actual data. So one app shows data correctly and the other has a bug and shows it incorrectly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bladerunner6 said:

I can access the the app on my iPad but not on my phone.  It gives me a password issue.

When I go to the website or my iPad to try to change my password I get this:

Login Id/password updation not completed as emailFlag is not Migrated

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks!

I suggest you try logging into the AP on your phone using your booking number and name.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

So I have just booked a new cruise which is before the Princess one previously booked. The old app is now showing only the new cruise and the new app is only showing the old cruise. 

It used to be when you went into the old app you could click on which cruise you wanted to look at. Can't you do that now? How cool were get both to show on the app as they are both later in the year?

Thanks for any help

Sorry the last bit was supposed to say:- How can I get both cruises to show on the new app as they are both later in the year? 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Sorry the last bit was supposed to say:- How can I get both cruises to show on the new app as they are both later in the year? 

You can’t.  This was reported by several of us when the new app first came out.

In order to see the rest of your cruises, you will need to log in with the booking number, one cruise at a time.

Supposedly, they said no updates for a while.  Too bad, the toggle between cruises was a nice feature on the old App.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You can’t.  This was reported by several of us when the new app first came out.

In order to see the rest of your cruises, you will need to log in with the booking number, one cruise at a time.

Supposedly, they said no updates for a while.  Too bad, the toggle between cruises was a nice feature on the old App.

The problem I see is that this thread is 55 pages long and growing. Someone that is just starting to use the new app has a question, issue or problem. Cruise Critic is the best place to get an answer. So, they see the thread at the top of the page and go "hey I'll ask my question". How many of us will really read all 55 pages to see if my issue was already answered? Nope. We post our question and wait for an answer. I'm guilty. How many more?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

The problem I see is that this thread is 55 pages long and growing. Someone that is just starting to use the new app has a question, issue or problem. Cruise Critic is the best place to get an answer. So, they see the thread at the top of the page and go "hey I'll ask my question". How many of us will really read all 55 pages to see if my issue was already answered? Nope. We post our question and wait for an answer. I'm guilty. How many more?

NP.

I have downloaded the New App . I have 2 separate cruises booked 2 different ships one right after the other. On my Old App it was correct with 2 separate booking #'s 2 ships correct. New App now shows only 1 booking #, continuous date for both cruises 1 ship ????  Have tried to contact Princess but as usual no response.

Their App me thinks is totally messed up !!!! So annoying & time wasting !

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, victoriaj said:

I have downloaded the New App . I have 2 separate cruises booked 2 different ships one right after the other. On my Old App it was correct with 2 separate booking #'s 2 ships correct. New App now shows only 1 booking #, continuous date for both cruises 1 ship ????  Have tried to contact Princess but as usual no response.

I have a B2B on the Ruby... and yes, only one booking ID, and the full duration date attributes for both cruises is listed. The problem you identified is identical for us as well.

10 minutes ago, obendus said:

I have a B2B on the Ruby... and yes, only one booking ID, and the full duration date attributes for both cruises is listed. The problem you identified is identical for us as well.

Close but not quite the same. @obendus has cruises booked on different ships. You say your cruises are on the same ship. When on the same ship the old app listed them as one big lump as well. We recently sailed on Grand Princess and had 6 b2b segments: 24 days, 2 days, 5 days, 14 days, 4 days, and 14 days for a total of 63 days. The old app listed them as a single cruise. (However, we did get a new mini-bar for each segment. 😁)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, obendus said:

Even the old app showed like one cruise for a b2b on same ship

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, obendus said:

It is not a problem.  No software issue there IMO.  It is one logical cruise on the same ship comprised of two physical voyages.

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

Even the old app showed like one cruise for a b2b on same ship

First B2B so I wasn't aware they were 'lumped'. Certainly hasn't stopped Princess from trying to market Plus, Premier, shore-ex and packages for each. 

4 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

So, they see the thread at the top of the page and go "hey I'll ask my question". How many of us will really read all 55 pages to see if my issue was already answered?

There's always the Search bar at the top of the page to find those answers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RocknRoll22 said:

There's always the Search bar at the top of the page to find those answers.

That could be helpful if you ask the right question or use the right word, and it understands what you're searching for.

So, since we are in the thread about the new app I went to the top of the page and entered app in the search bar. It came up with 626 posts. Then I went to the main page of cruise critic and entered in the search bar, app. It came up with 74,450 posts. It seems quicker to start a new thread with your question. 

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

That could be helpful if you ask the right question or use the right word, and it understands what you're searching for.

So, since we are in the thread about the new app I went to the top of the page and entered app in the search bar. It came up with 626 posts. Then I went to the main page of cruise critic and entered in the search bar, app. It came up with 74,450 posts. It seems quicker to start a new thread with your question. 

1 hour ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Is "app" a question?

What happens if you add a group of words to that search bar, as a question? What comes back then?

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

If I put new app in quotes " " it takes it down to 316 posts on this tread and 1,046 on the main board. Still seems easier to ask your question in the thread or start a new one.

Many folks are not adept at formulating searches to narrow down to specific results.  It is also important when using the CC Forum search to open up the search options and use some of them.  It can help to filter searches down to multiple key words rather than get results that might only contain one of them.  So, yes, it becomes simple for many folks to just jump on and ask a question that might have been asked three hours ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, victoriaj said:

This sometimes happens, if it is a new booking and you’ve just changed or added another cruise recently.  It should correct itself, but not always.

I would send a message to IT to correct this.  Make sure to show your full names, DOB, and  sailing date, booking number, etc for BOTH 

trips.  

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Most important is that the website shows your cruises correctly.

Edited by PacnGoNow

We are saling June on Sun Princess and have downloaded the new App. Unfortunatley the new App does not show any details of our booked cruise, whereas the old App does. Tried adding new journey in the new App and the app states the journey has already been added. Any ides/help very much welcome.

thanks