New Princess App available

iamaqt2

41 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

Booked my cruise yesterday and paid deposit, how long before it shows up on the app.   Shows when I sign into Princess website?

You could try the app’s option to add a booking under Profile to see this option.

image.thumb.png.ab5c1f18d4afd2d1e4d07f6349e10035.png

9 hours ago, mrsihopes said:

Booked my cruise yesterday and paid deposit, how long before it shows up on the app.   Shows when I sign into Princess website?

Should take a couple of days to populate.  Reck today or tmrw.

On 6/8/2024 at 10:44 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Another update for the Apple version

IMG_8930.jpeg

Thank you for sharing. I had not realized the app was updated. 

I was finally able to go in and book our specialty dining for our August Sun Princess cruise. Of course, the app didn't take the existing credit, but that's fine, we will spend it on the ship. 

I would not have attempted to book without realizing the app had been updated. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

My app was good for a month or so but then I started getting an error that.my credentials was invalid.  I could login on the web no problem.  Eventually on the app I did the forgot password. It then reset and the new password worked on both the app and web.  The next day the same error.  New password didnt work in the app but did on the web.  Did the reset again.  Again worked for a day.  

Princess needs App Support, not just the call the 800 and talk to a rep.  They are not good for that when I called. 

Anyone else have an issue and how did you get it resolved?

Screenshot_20240604_144907_Princess2.thumb.jpg.2683f21e308d327f3996e8d822a3402d.jpg

15 hours ago, TheArtfulPenguin said:

My app was good for a month or so but then I started getting an error that.my credentials was invalid.  I could login on the web no problem.  Eventually on the app I did the forgot password. It then reset and the new password worked on both the app and web.  The next day the same error.  New password didnt work in the app but did on the web.  Did the reset again.  Again worked for a day.  

Princess needs App Support, not just the call the 800 and talk to a rep.  They are not good for that when I called. 

Anyone else have an issue and how did you get it resolved?

Screenshot_20240604_144907_Princess2.thumb.jpg.2683f21e308d327f3996e8d822a3402d.jpg

That’s awful & I don’t have a solution however some have reported better success solving app problems by using this email address…good luck.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s awful & I don’t have a solution however some have reported better success solving app problems by using this email address…good luck.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

There was an update to the app, literally hours after I posted this.  Now the app works fine... SO FAR. I was using my email address already for login. 

• Like 3

June 12 - Thanks @Astro Flyer.  I couldn't open either app on my devices.  Blue screen wouldn't move.  Went through app store...it looks like it auto downloaded.....and said "open".  So I did, and it did.

BUT....still getting error message for trying to book Crown Grill on Embarkation night.  Then it lets me get to the next page where it says that no times are available.  

Ha Ha....A new message:  I can't currently make dining reservations since I am not paid in full / nor Elite.  Funny....neither apply.

I am so glad the app works well onboard.  Getting it to work from home has always been the issue for me.

27 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

June 12 - Thanks @Astro Flyer.  I couldn't open either app on my devices.  Blue screen wouldn't move.  Went through app store...it looks like it auto downloaded.....and said "open".  So I did, and it did.

BUT....still getting error message for trying to book Crown Grill on Embarkation night.  Then it lets me get to the next page where it says that no times are available.  

Ha Ha....A new message:  I can't currently make dining reservations since I am not paid in full / nor Elite.  Funny....neither apply.

I am so glad the app works well onboard.  Getting it to work from home has always been the issue for me.

For first night specialty dinner reservations they have to hold out tables for people in full suites who are guaranteed complimentary dinner that night 

40 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I feel badly for you & all of the other people whose account information is corrupted creating such issues. 😟

• Like 1

Yes, I have never had trouble getting a time I wanted on embarkation night.  I just want to be in the in-crowd....I have sailed with others that were able to make reservations.  I have never been able to do that.  I'm never concerned.  Just the "why me" syndrome.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

For first night specialty dinner reservations they have to hold out tables for people in full suites who are guaranteed complimentary dinner that night 

Very interesting turn of events with the app.  My iPhone showed me that I needed to order a medallion.  My iPad said I was cleared and my medallion order was "in progress".  Neither will allow me to make reservations.  It is what it is.  Just get me on the ship.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I feel badly for you & all of the other people whose account information is corrupted creating such issues. 😟

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Retry your SD or MDR after they finish the dining update June 17th. 

It has been affecting any dining reservations off and on, even SD.

• Thanks 1

The Princess app is frustrating.  When trying to login from my iPad I keep getting invalid credentials…even though I can login via website.  Any tips??

my other question us around dining reservations. Our cruise is April ‘25.  When can I make reservations? And, is it easy to do on the app?

Posted (edited)

Cannot see my booking (though the app says "already added" in both ipad and iphone), This is after uninstalling and re-installing the latest app several times today. Our sailing is June 25.  Still am ok on the website.  My wife can see her upcoming cruise info though.

I'm guessing (hoping) this is just he usual Princess techy screw-up. Probably  getting ready  for the June 17 switcheroo for dining res for later cruises.  We are using past credits on this cruise and cancelled originally in large part with all the tech and verbal communication issues with Princess.  Is P&O cruseline still a thing? If not Princess should adopt the name as they sure get me po'd.

Edited by skandsea99
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, laudergayle said:

my other question us around dining reservations. Our cruise is April ‘25.  When can I make reservations? And, is it easy to do on the app?

MDR reservations for cruises beginning on September 14, 2024 and later are scheduled to be available on Monday, June 17. My experience with making reservations has been mostly good. However, even after booking them they can later disappear. So far I’ve been fortunate & have not experienced many of the problems others have had to deal with primarily because their Princess information has corrupted with no easy solution.

As I recall, unless you are at the elite level of past passenger, then you cannot make MDR reservations until after making final payment.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

As I recall, unless you are at the elite level of past passenger, then you cannot make MDR reservations until after making final payment.

We are only humble Platinum but we can book MDR from the time of paying the deposit. 

• Haha 2

Having problem ordering medallions. For some reason, in addition to medallion and lanyard each of my and my husband names, I see a "Guest" medallion and lanyard, and an extra medallion under my name. All extras have Edit button, but in fact I am not able to remove anything from the Cart. Finalize order takes me to the 'Finalize your order' loop. Anyone have seen this issue or aware of one?

Edited by trin880

9 hours ago, trin880 said:

Having problem ordering medallions. For some reason, in addition to medallion and lanyard each of my and my husband names, I see a "Guest" medallion and lanyard, and an extra medallion under my name. All extras have Edit button, but in fact I am not able to remove anything from the Cart. Finalize order takes me to the 'Finalize your order' loop. Anyone have seen this issue or aware of one?

I have mine and my husband's in the cart and have tried to "place order" for 2 weeks now and nothing happens. Same with passage contract.... I scroll to bottom and complete but still have the "!" on both of us!!

3 hours ago, Nikkibird said:

I have mine and my husband's in the cart and have tried to "place order" for 2 weeks now and nothing happens. Same with passage contract.... I scroll to bottom and complete but still have the "!" on both of us!!

Make sure that all other information has been entered and is showing correctly. Seemingly trivial things such as phone numbers can cause this "phabulous" bit of coding to fail without telling you what is needed.

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1