Happy New Year !

I wanted to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year-I enjoy following most of the adventures here-I decided several years ago I will not read the negative posts as they seem to get the most attention. We have been on 4 HAL cruises now and as much as I would like to try another line to have an accurate comparison we keep going with HAL-hard to explain but after we get on the ship it just feels right like an old shoe or comfy chair-thanks to the old pros for the live threads and current conditions (POA1 I want to reach my 15 drink limit with you ! ) Here's to a safe and smooth 2024 !

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pirate cruiser said:

We have been on 4 HAL cruises now and as much as I would like to try another line to have an accurate comparison we keep going with HAL-hard to explain but after we get on the ship it just feels right like an old shoe or comfy chair

THIS^^^. We actually did try NCL and RCCL (once each). Panama Canal on the Norwegian Star (because we could get a balcony for the price of a HAL inside) -- it was awful! Sullen crew, threadbare upholstery, literally dusty/dirty public surfaces, tacky holiday decor. RCCL was much better (but no HAL). Biggest complaint was buffet lunch -- worse than Golden Corral, at least there the chicken is not undercooked! We did not eat lunch after the first day, but had a late "English breakfast" and an early dinner. 

But, not to hijack your thread! Just agreeing with you.

Happy New Year from the chilly high desert! 

• Like 1

The fireworks 🎆 last night over the Maas River in Rotterdam were spectacular!

Happy 2024 to all CC HAL cruisers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1