The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday, January 12th, 2024

kazu

Today is Curried Chicken Day, Kiss a Ginger Day, and National Hot Tea Day

It's all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family. - Philip Green

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow-Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Drink of the Day - Blue Hawaii
Wine of the Day - Anselmo Mendes 2021 Curtimenta Alvarinho (Vinho Verde)
Destination of the Day - Sitka, Alaska, US 

Today in History:
1528 Gustav I of Sweden crowned King of Sweden, rules for 37 years and becomes known as the "father of the nation"
1948 Mahatma Gandhi begins his final fast

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Key West, Florida 08:00 - 16:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 01-13

Nieuw Amsterdam

Nassau, Bahamas, New Providence Island 08:00 - 17:00 

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 01-13

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 01-13

Rotterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 14:00 

Volendam

At Sea Destination Fanning Island, Line Islands, Kiribati eta 01-15

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala eta 01-13

Zuiderdam

Santarem, Brazil Amazon 11:00 - 18:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Sydney, NSW Australia 7:00-18:30 

Westerdam

Kota Kinabalu, Borneo Malaysia Sabah 08:00 - 18:00

• Like 16
  • Thanks 23

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

All in the path of storms

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Rafinmd getting radiation treatments

HAL Sailer’s DH with medical issues

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim, with memory issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

Seagarsmoker feeling better

Denise T’s improved blood sugars

Marshhawk’s DH responding to Keytruda

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam Jan 14 to Feb 4) 21d PC Sunfarer & Southern Caribbean Seafarer

Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer), Kochleffel(Anthem of the Seas to Jan 18) 11d Southern Caribbean, Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24) B2B2B2B2B Caribbean, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, cruising sister (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Cruise), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11) 128d Grand World Voyage and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9) 156d World Voyage 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 19

Good morning.  Thanks for the report and the maps.

We've got a big winter storm heading our way.  Lots of snow coming overnight.  We'll head out this morning to get groceries and gas for the snowblower then hunker down for the weekend.

I love hot tea.  English breakfast is my favourite.  I'll pass on the curried chicken, not sure if I can find a ginger to kiss.

I like the quote.

Wow on the meal.  More butternut squash?  No thanks.  I hope I'll like the drink and wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 32

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

I have a second interview later this morning for a position I have applied for. 

We have no plans for the weekend. 

I hope everyone here has a wonderful day. 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today promises to be a nice day with temperatures in the 40’s.  This morning will be busy with work meetings, two go no go calls on a major project.  The meal suggestion sounds good to me but DH wouldn’t approve so I’ll wait until I’m on a dam ship.  Today’s port is a favorite of mine and I hope to get back there again.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.3bf2f23c9762edc37af3da1b612d7597.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 8

Good morning friends!  This morning our temp is sitting at 44 with a high of 61 and rain moving in.  Some storms today may be severe.  I certainly hope not and wish good luck to all in the path of these storms.🌦️

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily and the maps showing locations, for Rich @richwmn.  I don't like curry so the curried chicken won't happen.  Kissing a ginger sounds like a good idea, and hot tea might help me to feel less cold all the time in winter.  I have to wear more than one pair of socks!  The quote is sound advice and no way to more curried butternut squash.  The drink of the day reminds many of you of your upcoming Koningsdam cruise to Hawaii.  No idea what the wine is.  Nice remembrance of King Gustav I of Sweden, but a dark day for Mahatma Gandhi.  Thanks to the F&B ladies Debbie @dfish, Debbie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports today.

Prayers for our CC Daily members, especially Vanessa @JazzyV and Terri @Cruzin Terri and Jim who are processing a new medical diagnosis.  Also Maureen @RMLincoln and Richard and Melisa @HAL Sailer and her DH.🙏  Cheers to those on the Celebration list with their happy events and cruises.  Be careful on the roads and in the air as you travel! 🚢🚗 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping us updated on the long lists each day.❤️ Sweet Ren appreciated hearing of all your good wishes for him.  Thank you all.

The port today is Sitka, Alaska, a nice one.  We 've already had Sitka on July 15, 2021, June 6, 2022 and Sept. 4, 2023.  I went once on a very special day in our lives.  The links are below for your convenience in retrieving your photos.

Please everyone stay safe out there and try to remain well.  I know it's not easy!  

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for keeping the Fleet Report and Daily up to date while Rich enjoys the Volendam.  I enjoy hot tea but not often, will pass on kissing a ginger, and might go for curried chicken. 

I have been to Sitka a few times, including my first HAL cruise on Rotterdam V in 1997.

I like the quote.  Our days in history celebrate two great leaders.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Watermelon Cocktail, Chef Rudi's Classic Southern Fried Chicken, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam January 12, 2019:

dishes0112.jpg

Looks like I really honed in on the corn before I remembered the camera.

Off to an early start this morning but leaving for my physical soon.

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

On September 6, 2019, our actual 50th anniversary date, we disembarked the beautiful Amsterdam to take a bus ride into the town of Sitka, 5 or 6 miles away.  The painters were busy touching up the hull with "Holland America Blue" paint. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMYaq-7qfgBP673LLwpQqf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwU5AUmtgIimVmKjziMnxT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

When we arrived downtown, we noticed the smoke hanging in the air from nearby wildfires, unfortunately.  But it was still beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUAyOxtZDT-7fIENZnAxST?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfVUeHE_ovyS05D0Tf0f27?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We enjoyed sitting near the little harbor for a while.  DH phoned his DM at her nursing facility back in St. Louis and had a nice chat.  I wish she could still participate in a conversation like that now, but her abilities have declined since then. (note she has since departed this earth and may she rest in peace).  We also took a selfie of ourselves to send the kids to show them where we were spending our anniversary.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKoeP_rsplCTN6Or0ISGIF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Luckily they give out little maps showing you where all the sights are to be seen in the town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4rm_3u-5PZfcr1nuzvjdj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We passed by St. Michael's Orthodox Cathedral, a National Historic Landmark.  It was originally built while the land was under Russian rule, but was rebuilt in 1966 after a fire.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLiGqlg8UjiSiJ05gsj_5Ml?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Lots of shopping, of course.  I have to admit I didn't buy one of these because I have so many T-shirts from over the years, stacked up on my closet shelves. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6mLEePrKk1xclKaSMKHzP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Then there were book stores, florists, hotels and general stores.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSg8vFNQBySMFw76m1eTdl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkR3Oy8F6F1_wLbYcbkrDw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A very nice looking rest home for the elderly.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSuDIuI771ZhH2d8-odCKK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

And right in front of it this statue of what must be a Pioneer as the building says in its name.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnXkkVJUtEBe_Ki8nYlIrt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A totem pole, of course.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJW8g3JsLtnjEGXHbafqIQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Some of the details on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwnO4ki0uIw1nQ6yAm_xM6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ_-8NE7s6uzfwhpk0mnaiA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsXvoBmDVDlie4cOqakqeX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We really enjoyed our walk through Sitka that day.  Later in the day we sat in the Crow's Nest and watched the dock workers lifting boats out of and into the water.  They could just roll them into a parking spot!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMveRkVCbnVzKTtnfb7T3f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKGzNcCxOpsSelNlrLAze-E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsKoQ-MwYezYKr2ER7yYMx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We also noticed a large group of staff and crew welcoming passengers back to the ship.  They were there until the last person boarded.  A nice touch, and something we all missed during Covid shutdowns, I'm sure.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKs-RxeYDb8QwHiUJHTgayE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Thanks to all who post their photos today

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

Good morning from near Bimini.  It looks to be cloudy.  A lazy day for us with some packing as we move to a new suite in Fort Lauderdale. Thanks for the Daily and fleet reports Jacqui and Roy.   I may seek out some chicken curry in the Lido today. We have missed lunch in the Lido the last several days. Complimentary PG dinner for us tonight for John getting a free shower on the balcony.  

Prayers for everyone on our care list, so many in our lovely group going through so much at this time. Prayers for the fighters and people of Ukraine so determined not to fail. Prayers for the hostages still held in Gaza and for some peace in that area. Have a lovely Friday! Nancy 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Happy TGIF everyone.  

I’ll be needing that hot tea.  We have a repeat of Wednesday’s weather for this weekend.  Big storm, high winds, snow, ice, freezing rain and power outages. Mother Nature had decided to gift us with it all.  The real worry is for the coastal towns - the highest wind is forecast to coincide with what are astronomical tides.  Coastline erosion and flooding is feared.

IMG_1946.jpeg.2c8562911364a7daea358bb310dcccea.jpeg

So, like @puppycanducruise I’ll be heading out for a few necessities so I can hunker down this weekend and then apply my ice prevention to the driveway.  I know it won’t stop it completely, but it may help 🤞 

IMG_1939.thumb.jpeg.be8b89dbb564f63b149f77d932c599c4.jpeg

I like the Green quote.  I am not making a comment on the appearance of butternut squash again 😂. Today’s wine sounds lovely if it is a Vino Verde. 👍 

IMG_1421.jpeg.9bdd9b1766d532f8f955a35ae0663eb8.jpeg

Thanks to Roy, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann & Dixie for keeping our Daily going & to everyone for their contributions.  Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, grief, worries & those that need them. 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1947.thumb.jpeg.c05277c5cdc02c7466a0f5a2d8efcbc9.jpeg

Have a Good Friday all.

• Like 23
  • Haha 15

Just a short thank you for the Daily and Report.. We have an early walking tour in Panama. Wearing same clothes I wore at last night’s dinner in the city as our clothing will be soaked in this heat and humidity.

Tonight is Azamara’s trademark White Night. Large poolside BBQ and Buffet followed by all the entertainers and orchestra who get the pool deck rocking Just about everyone wears all white clothing. Lot of dancing.

Got to get ready for our sweat tour. Have a great day. Bruce

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Happy Friday everyone! Thanks for the Fleet and Daily reports. 

Watching Nieuw Amsterdam sail into Nassau. I must be a cruise ship nerd because I love watching the port cams. I didn't get to Sitka during my Alaska trip in 2023 but will get there on the Eurodam in 2025. 

Working at home today, mostly paperwork and some recording for my podcast and You Tube channel (not a cruise vlogger, mental health and parenting of teens). This weekend i am finally committed to taking down the Christmas decorations. We may get measurable snow the beginning of next week, but no one seems committed to that forecast. So, it may or may not be a pleasant surprise. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.41ca337d86bf8859a91d5be27f27dc69.png

Edited by Denise T
  • Like 31

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Good luck today, @seagarsmoker!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

I have a second interview later this morning for a position I have applied for. 

We have no plans for the weekend. 

I hope everyone here has a wonderful day. 

That’s great news!  Best wishes for your all important second interview 🤞 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Blue Hawaii cocktail:

The Blue Hawaii cocktail was born at Honolulu’s Kaiser Hawaiian Village (now Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Resort). In 1957, a sales representative of Dutch distiller Bols asked legendary bartender Harry Yee to design a drink that featured its blue curaçao, a Caribbean liqueur made using the dried peel of the Laraha citrus fruit. The Blue Hawaii is a tropical cocktail made of rum, pineapple juice, Blue Curaçao, sweet and sour mix, and sometimes vodka. It should not be confused with the similarly named Blue Hawaiian cocktail that contains creme of coconut instead of sweet and sour mix. Wikipedia
Ingredients
3/4 ounce vodka
3/4 ounce light rum
1/2 ounce blue curaçao
3 ounces pineapple juice
1 ounce sweet and sour mix*
Garnish: pineapple wedge
Garnish: cocktail umbrella

Preparation: Combine all ingredients with ice, stir or shake, then pour into a hurricane glass with the ice. For garnish score pineapple or orange slice with a knife and inert onto rim of glass; optionally use toothpick or cocktail umbrella to spear maraschino cherry through center and attach to top of fruit slice; otherwise float cherry on top of ice.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Maraschino cherry, Orange slice, Pineapple slice
Drinkware: Hurricane glass

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 7.27.00 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 14

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy thank you for our maps!

It is 20 degrees warmer here this morning & though rain and a T-storm are possible, the wilder weather is supposed to stay North of us. You Georgians & Carolinians stay safe. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings. Hope your nightly sleep period continues to get longer. Praying that you soon are permanently relieved from your pain. 

Gym, Bindi walks, deep rug & floor cleaning - how can one woman and one dog get things so dirty? Lots or chores and some meal prep for tomorrow’s dinner. 

IMG_2370.jpeg.704bda29665f76956042688823b0ceda.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg.0a9d218856519bf95e1da178ca7b23e3.jpeg

IMG_2373.jpeg.d974873bcb692685a75a4af661de91ce.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, loss of a loved one, caretakers and those in a “funk”.  Roy hope today’s treatment goes as smoothly as the others. Thinking of you Tana, Terry, Melissa & Terri.

Cheers to all who are celebrating! @seagarsmoker Best of luck on that interview. You should use us all as references!😎

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Anselmo Mendes 2021 Curtimenta Alvarinho (Vinho Verde)

This white wine from Portugal has a huge number of fans - both consumers & critics.  I even learned a new term : bâtonnage. It is the French term for stirring the settled lees back in to the wine. I knew this was important, but never saw the French term before. Widely available with online prices starting at $22.98.

Distributor notes

White wine made from Alvarinho grapes exclusively produced in Monção and Melgaço. The vines are over 14 years old and have low production with high levels of acidity and good maturation. It is an old-fashioned wine made with tanning, with more color and more tannins. It intends to fully exploit the potential of the Alvarinho variety.

Grapes harvested manually in small boxes and transported to the cellar in a short time. Skin maceration followed by fermentation with the skins for a few hours. Fermentation ends in used 400 liter French oak barrels. In the same barrels it undergoes bâtonnage for 9 months on total lees. Aging for 12 months in bottle.

94 Wine Enthusiast 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I do like curried chicken - if it isn't too spicy.  Sorry, no gingers around here to kiss, so I'll just slap an extra one on DH.  We drink hot tea every morning and throughout the day as well.

Well as I said yesterday, it's damn cold.  Right now we're at -35C (-31F) and with the wind, it brings our overall temperature to -47C (-52.6F).  Think I'm exaggerating?  Here's proof:

Cold.thumb.jpg.583400986764ed03cc0fda61056bd641.jpg

@Cruzin TerriI'm sorry your suspicions were confirmed yesterday, but at least you know now and can look for a way forward.  A friend's wife was treated with Aracept a number of years ago and we believe it gave her a good number of years before she finally passed from a heart attack.

@seagarsmokergood luck with your second interview today!

@kazuthinking of you and all on the East coast who will be dealing with another incoming storm.  So glad you have a generator!

A few things on the agenda today - it appears DH tweaked his back yesterday, so I'm going to call the chiropractor to see if he can get in today; he didn't have a good night, and neither did I because of it.  Then we can stop on the way home and pick up his monthly meds as well as picking up some extra coffee gift cards that we often give out to people who are homeless; I realized yesterday we were down to one or two, and it's time to replenish the stock.  

I'd like to try the drink of the day while sitting on a deck of a BHB, will let others enjoy today's wine selection, and oh my, another butternut squash recipe - LOL.  Of course it's Friday night, pizza night, so after we get home and tuck ourselves into the warm cocoon of our house, we'll peruse the online menus to see what ooey gooey concoction we will have delivered to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those in grief, in pain, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Daily-ites from beautiful Rotterdam in Grand Turk. 

Prayers lifted for our Daily friends and family members. 

I had my hair cut yesterday. Scared me half to death when he styled it. Curled everything back, no bangs. But all turned out after I showered and rewashed my hair. Whew!.

I think out of all our dinners over the past 49 days, our dinner in Canaletto last night was disappointing. The chef said they received a new clam juice that is extremely salty when I sent my pasta, shrimp and clams back. He apologized for not properly tasting it before prepping. Allen had pasta with sausage and it was terrible too. We said no thanks to any replacement,  no dessert, had a cappuccino and out.

We will be in the cold spell category in Texas. My friends are already going to start the taps dripping and opening cabinet doors. Just hoping we are able to get home Sunday night safely! Fingers crossed 🤞 

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy day. Hoping there's no storm damage,  no falls or slips (Jacqui) keep warm!

Praying for world's pain, suffering, loss. Such a tragedy. 

• Like 26

Good morning, everyone!

Well, it is hard to decide who to believe when it comes to the weather.  Once source says snow will start within the hour, another says not until 2:00 pm.  One says 6-11 inches and another says just 6.  Schools all closed down last night, including Midland and Midland never closes.  So, I guess we'll get what we get.  

@rafinmd I hope all goes well during your treatment today.

@kazu Hunker down!  No way to avoid this at this time of year.  I hope you and Ivan are safe and don't lose power. 

Everyone else in the path of this storm, take care and stay safe.

Today's meal has to be a repeat.  I found butternut squash soup in my files, but the curry and slow cooker are new additions.  If there is a way to prepare butternut squash, we will find it!  A new mission on the Daily has been declared!

Our first recipe is easy to make and helps cut some calories and carbs.   https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/267551/slow-cooker-curried-butternut-squash-soup/

butternutsquashsoup1.thumb.jpg.ed7e57abd788cecc8f0405e3176ef4ea.jpg

This next one includes carrots and apples in the mix.  https://littlespicejar.com/curried-butternut-squash-soup-slow-cooker/

butternutsquashsoup2.thumb.jpg.3ca282553dca3096e63bff320760cbf8.jpg

And here's a little something for those of you who are silently gagging at the butternut squash.  How about The Ultimate Ribeye Onion Soup?   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/281595/the-ultimate-ribeye-french-onion-soup/

ribeyefrenchonionsoup1.thumb.jpg.46d9d9b7f402644437524c066fdfc47f.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 4

Happy Friday and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Curried chicken sounds good, no ginger around to kiss, and I occasionally drink hot tea.  Fantastic quote.  I laughed when I saw another butternut squash meal; there must have been a bumper crop!!  Yes on the drink (had one on my Hawaiian cruise and it was delicious), no on the wine, and I have been to Sitka twice in 2022.  Great day for Sweden and a sobering thought about Gandhi.

IMG_4071.thumb.JPG.6ba74322fc118231c11d555c0adcd48c.JPG

It is 29F on the way up to mid 50s.  We got some rain and hail yesterday but by the time I left the school, it had stopped with partly sunny skies. The hard freeze warning expires at 1000 and it should be a nice day. 

When I got to the school yesterday, they asked if I would sub for Spanish instead of Science.  No problem.  Kids were squirrelly but what was funny - many of the 6th graders came from the elementary school I had last year as their school nurse.  So I recognized a lot of the names and they recognized me!  Today, I sub only 1/2 a day but I noticed last night they want me to stay all day.  I can't.  So I have to call them and/or let them know I can't - I have PT right after.

@seagarsmoker Good luck on the second interview!  🤞 Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.

IMG_4072.JPG.a47936cb0f203a9a3d8cdac5a339d18c.JPG

Stay warm and have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3