Ducks

pajazz28

3 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

On most if not all cruises, passengers hide and find ducks. If you find a duck, you can keep it or rehide it. It's been going on for years. Jeep owners do the same thing on land.

Never seen people hiding Jeeps tho….

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, pajazz28 said:

What is the deal with this searching for ducks?

There are literally  hundreds being left hidden, some in plain sight.  Some with name tags (of the people who left them), I would love to have the rubber duck concession.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, geovet said:

Lots of fun looking for them by both child and adults. Funny how Disney cruises canceled them. Donald must be jealous.

Don’t get me started on Disney

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

There are literally  hundreds being left hidden, some in plain sight.  Some with name tags (of the people who left them), I would love to have the rubber duck concession.

And Instagram tags for people to post photos 

• Like 1

It's a fun activity! Ducks can be hidden anywhere save for stores and restrooms. If you find one, you have the choice to either keep or re-hide it. If you keep it, sometimes you have to take a selfie with the duck so that the Facebook group can see how far their ducks have traveled.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

It's a fun activity! Ducks can be hidden anywhere save for stores and restrooms. If you find one, you have the choice to either keep or re-hide it. If you keep it, sometimes you have to take a selfie with the duck so that the Facebook group can see how far their ducks have traveled.

Also, don't hide on open decks.

• Like 1

The jeep ones are where people who see your jeep and think it is tricked out nice they put a duck on your hood. When we are around Virginia Beach and The Outer Banks of North Carolina where you have a lot of 4 wheeling you see tuns of them.

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

I see two different Jeeps periodically in our area and both have “ducks” lined up on their dashboards, thought they were cruisers, guess not. 

Who knew? Just did an image search online for “ducks on Jeeps.”

56 minutes ago, carol louise said:

Who knew? Just did an image search online for “ducks on Jeeps.”

Yep, it's a thing.

And some Jeepers get their undies in a bunch cuz they don't like that cruisers stole their duck thing.

20230924_184718.thumb.jpg.bb0493b22290bcaa745d007dd672b6a3.jpg

20230921_141949.thumb.jpg.4cfdf830b6dd25659862bd4af1e6b565.jpg

12 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Jeep owners do the same thing on land.

8 hours ago, cellfree said:

I see two different Jeeps periodically in our area and both have “ducks” lined up on their dashboards, thought they were cruisers, guess not. 

6 hours ago, 1BDNANA said:

The jeep ones are where people who see your jeep and think it is tricked out nice they put a duck on your hood. When we are around Virginia Beach and The Outer Banks of North Carolina where you have a lot of 4 wheeling you see tuns of them.

We owned a Jeep over 10 years. I never knew about the duck thing. Haha I guess our Jeep wasn’t tricked out enough. 😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jemrtt said:

We owned a Jeep over 10 years. I never knew about the duck thing. Haha I guess our Jeep wasn’t tricked out enough. 😂

We've had one for twenty years and never knew this. My wife is known to hide ducks on cruises though. 

Since we are cruising with littles this time we bought 50 ducks for them to hide. As long as ducks aren't hidden where they shouldn't be (shops, toilets, safety equipment) I don't see it as a big deal. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Since we are cruising with littles this time we bought 50 ducks for them to hide. As long as ducks aren't hidden where they shouldn't be (shops, toilets, safety equipment) I don't see it as a big deal. 

Did you see that DCL has now banned hiding ducks in public areas?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jemrtt said:

You needed to throw some glitter on that girl. You may have been ducked.🤪

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

They have so many younger children on those ships and they did a lot of ducky misuse. Throwing them overboard, the pools would be full of them, and they would have to fish them out. even the toilets in the cabins had some clogs where youngins try to flush them. And at the end of cruises the parents didn't want to deal with a load of ducks to take home so just left them in the cabin or in the trash. So I can totally understand that decision. And no one tells a toddler not to throw a toy duck off of the ship and lives to tell the tale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I'm not sailing with DCL so it doesn't matter. I do understand that it does bother some people.