“LIVE” from the newest Celebrity lady —- Celebrity Ascent — January 21, 2024.

mac_tlc

20 hours ago, Bugsy1966 said:

You can use as many devices as you like just so long as only one is logged in at a time.

And when you log into the second device it says that you are already logged in to another device and would you like to switch to this one. No need to keep logging on and off, it does it for you. But it helps your battery to remember to log off but not necessary.

Back to the Live from!

10 hours ago, Andy C said:

Another "live"  thread where the actual live review doesn't start until many pages in,  I live in Florida.  Nice to see Epcot but I came to see your ship review.  

Well, the sailing date in the title is January 21st. You could have waited until that date to hop onboard. 

Anyway, good to have you here and the ship review will start about 11am tomorrow. 

mac_tlc

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Morning Mac

Would you do me a favor and post who the Captain is? Our England friends have sailed with Tasos before and she has a bit of a crush on him! 😂

They spend June in Greece every year so I think that’s where it’s coming from. Captain Dimitrios not so much. 🙄

Cheers!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Would you do me a favor and post who the Captain is? Our England friends have sailed with Tasos 😂

Captain Dimitrios not so much.

Captain Dimitrios is the Master of the ship at this time. We like both brothers. 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

And so, we headed home after an enjoyable day at the International Festival of the Arts. As we were leaving at about 7, a ton of folks were just coming in. Festival Friday nights are quite popular!

IMG_5295.jpeg

IMG_5290.jpeg

IMG_5293.jpeg

Lots of packing to do tomorrow and finishing our check in. Going to be “Florida-chilly” at a high of about 57. 

mac_tlc

Fabulous.. pics. If you have more from the Festival, I  would love to see a few.  Thanks for reminding us about  the EPCOT festivals! 

We are usually in Fl for the winter and will def try to do this before our APEX cruise next January if the dates work 

Great for pre cruise, esp for folks leaving from TPA or Space Coast or staying in Orlando, pre or post. cruise

P. S.We are  expecting overnight (Sat into Sun) windchills in Venice Fl. We will cover  the shrubs with frost blankets. 

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

And so, we headed home after an enjoyable day at the International Festival of the Arts. As we were leaving at about 7, a ton of folks were just coming in. Festival Friday nights are quite popular!

Lots of packing to do tomorrow and finishing our check in. Going to be “Florida-chilly” at a high of about 57. 

mac_tlc

I can't wait to get AP's to Disney again.  We let ours go when they shut down for covid and then it looked like it would be a while before you could go to the park normally.  We just let our Universal AP's expire and will probably buy Disney AP's after our cruise.  Not sure if I'll get there before festival of the arts is over but I will surely catch the flower and garden festival.  I live 40 minutes away and am as excited about going as if I were going to Europe or something.😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Well, the sailing date in the title is January 21st. You could have waited until that date to hop onboard. 

Anyway, good to have you here and the ship review will start about 11am tomorrow. 

mac_tlc

Thank you again for a great thread!

To each their own of course, but personally I really like it when live reviewers share about what they’re doing pre and post cruise.  

Like many on the boards I don’t live in a port city and fly in early for my cruises to mitigate risk of missing the ship due to flight issues.  I’m always looking for ideas of things to do during that day or 2 pre cruise.

I’m eyeballing a cruise later this year that sails out of Port Canaveral and if I book it, your posts have me considering coming in a little earlier and spending some time at Epcot pre-cruise…food & wine festival sounds like my kind of party!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

To each their own of course, but personally I really like it when live reviewers share about what they’re doing pre and post cruise.

Quite agree. If readers don't like it - they can skip it. 

We are on Ascent on 28/1 sailing, and flying from Calgary on Friday. I will be sure to post pictures of everything starting with our runway-facing hotel room the night before. Just because I can.

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Andy C said:

Another "live"  thread where the actual live review doesn't start until many pages in,  I live in Florida.  Nice to see Epcot but I came to see your ship review.  

Not all of us live in Florida or have been to Epcot so you could have skipped without making a comment

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Andy C said:

No need to be rude. Just dont read it until the day of the actual cruise. Or better yet dont read it if you dont like how they do it. Just move on.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, wednesday said:

I can't wait to get AP's to Disney again.  We let ours go when they shut down for covid and then it looked like it would be a while before you could go to the park normally.  We just let our Universal AP's expire and will probably buy Disney AP's after our cruise.  Not sure if I'll get there before festival of the arts is over but I will surely catch the flower and garden festival.  I live 40 minutes away and am as excited about going as if I were going to Europe or something.😂

We have the “Pixie” pass which has weekends and major holidays blacked out, but it’s also the cheapest at about $429. 

mac_tlc

19 minutes ago, MagPie60 said:

Quite agree. If readers don't like it - they can skip it. 

We are on Ascent on 28/1 sailing, and flying from Calgary on Friday. I will be sure to post pictures of everything starting with our runway-facing hotel room the night before. Just because I can.

I absolutely love runway-facing hotel rooms !!!!

mac_tlc

32 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Like many on the boards I don’t live in a port city and fly in early for my cruises to mitigate risk of missing the ship due to flight issues.  I’m always looking for ideas of things to do during that day or 2 pre cruise.

I’m eyeballing a cruise later this year that sails out of Port Canaveral and if I book it, your posts have me considering coming in a little earlier and spending some time at Epcot pre-cruise…food & wine festival sounds like my kind of party!

Thanks Charla!

Food and Wine is definitely calling your name!!! 

We usually check out the Disney Food blog web site. www.Disneyfoodblog.com

They have all the menus for the pop-up kitchens as soon as Disney releases them.

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We have the “Pixie” pass which has weekends and major holidays blacked out, but it’s also the cheapest at about $429. 

mac_tlc

We will probably get the pirate pass (at least that's what I think it's called) we had silver passes before.  I hope they finish doing away with park reservations though not needing them after 2 pm on weekdays works well for us as we usually go on weekday evenings.  

1 hour ago, GenerationX said:

Definitely go to the food and wine festival at Epcot. We’ve gone many times and it is awesome. Better yet, check out the food and wine festival at the Swan and Dolphin Resort. We stay there and not only go to theirs, but we can walk to the one at Epcot as well. 

• Thanks 1

I got my official “your move-up bid was unsuccessful” e-mails. We put in a “borderline strong” bid on a CS but no dice. When we put it in, there were 13 CS’s available. Was probably our best shot is actually stay in one, certainly can’t swing retail prices. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

We are not wine drinkers so the latest issue with pricing dome wines above the premium package limit does not directly affect us, although the idea of it bothers me. 

Happen to be at Sam’s club this afternoon and saw these. 

IMG_5299.jpeg

IMG_5298.jpeg

Sure doesn’t seem like a glass on Celebrity should cost more than a bottle. If I did drink it, I would certainly bring my own —— ahh that’s luxury!!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We are not wine drinkers so the latest issue with pricing dome wines above the premium package limit does not directly affect us, although the idea of it bothers me. 

Happen to be at Sam’s club this afternoon and saw these. 

IMG_5299.jpeg

IMG_5298.jpeg

Sure doesn’t seem like a glass on Celebrity should cost more than a bottle. If I did drink it, I would certainly bring my own —— ahh that’s luxury!!!

mac_tlc

We get the Decoy cab for $17.21, making the price seem even more ridiculous.  But I’m sure I’ll love the new reds, they sell for between $5-$8 a bottle.

Edited by jelayne
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I got my official “your move-up bid was unsuccessful” e-mails. We put in a “borderline strong” bid on a CS but no dice. When we put it in, there were 13 CS’s available. Was probably our best shot is actually stay in one, certainly can’t swing retail prices. 

mac_tlc

Congrats on the Move Up  to  CS!  Enjoy!  Hope your Sailaway Day runs smoothly.

we are less into wine and food but have a def interest in the  Epcot Garden/ Flower Festival..heard it is spectacular