“LIVE” from the newest Celebrity lady —- Celebrity Ascent — January 21, 2024.

mac_tlc

While our choices may change based on nightly menus, here is our expected dining adventures. On all of our E-class sailings we have gone to Eden. This trip will be no exception. Eden is scheduled for night #2. For the first time, we will be trying the Rooftop Garden Grill. Why haven’t we tried it yet? Mainly because my DW is not fond of heat and humidity (didn’t you say you had a house in Orlando🤔🤔🤔). Also on Edge and Apex, many folks said it was very windy. 

On Beyond, the RGG seemed to be better designed plus it’s January so the weather should be more accommodating. 

We have also never been to Blu so we may try a night there if they can fit us in. We do tend to eat early (sorry @Jim_Iain 😂😂) but can be flexible is need be. 

Most nights we will stop in at the Retreat Lounge pre-dinner for a drink and maybe some warm almonds or walnuts! It has become somewhat of a traditional start to our night. 

We have had the good fortune of sailing on all of the E-class vessels in the Retreat. TBH, while we enjoy Luminae, the menu is becoming “predictable”. But I gotta have my Bourbon and Peaches!!!! There are a few dishes we like such as the braised short ribs so we will be there the other 4 nights. 

A few of the Luminae staff from the Beyond were going to go over to the Ascent so hopefully we will meet up with Petre the maitre’d, Marianna the hostess and Rozi, our wonderful waiter from our April sailing.

It’s always nice to see familiar faces on board!!!

mac_tlc

• Like 6

Our first  ASCENT night 28th..my b day, we are booked in FINE CUT. we eat early so hope to avoid any noise coming up from the music or bar below.

We will also be trying EDEN for the first time.. interesting menu!

ROOFTOP can be windy..We booked for a port nite...hope to  catch sunset.

if you go to Blu early you should be fine

We preferred it to Luminae on BEYOND, so we are booked in AQ Class !

Following along as we board Ascent on 2/11. First time on X so trying to learn as much as possible from these Live reports. Thanks for taking us along and have a great cruise!

We too will be joining the Ascent cruise! Does anyone know if you have the Premium Wifi, can you log out on one device and login on a different one - or is it tagged, so that you can only use the device that you initially set up with the unlimited internet package? Thanks and happy sailing to all!

9 minutes ago, GREG781 said:

We too will be joining the Ascent cruise! Does anyone know if you have the Premium Wifi, can you log out on one device and login on a different one - or is it tagged, so that you can only use the device that you initially set up with the unlimited internet package? Thanks and happy sailing to all!

You can use as many devices as you like just so long as only one is logged in at a time.

• Like 1

We are on board Ascent now. We will be staying on for the January 21st sailing. 

We have been very pleased with the service and food. We will try to keep up with your “live” reports. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We have also never been to Blu so we may try a night there if they can fit us in. We do tend to eat early (sorry @Jim_Iain 😂😂)

LOL... Will thank of you as I start getting ready for the evening.  

Can someone let us know the day and time of the Cap Club welcome party

. We have ours set for 1st sea day 1/29 at EDEN, which may be a Conflict.

Edited by hcat

Welcome to a pre-cruise trip to Epcot!!

IMG_5275.jpeg

Epcot has become the theme park of “Festivals”.

what started out as the just the Food and Wine Festival in the Fall has grown to almost year round festivals.

It starts with the International Festival of the Arts in January/February.

IMG_5281.jpeg

Then beginning in March is the EPCOT Flower and Garden festival until early June.

No festivals in the summer but then the granddaddy of them all, the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival takes over the fall, this year from late August until November, around Veterans Day. The year commences with the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays from just after Thanksgiving to December 30th. 

Lots of seasonal pop-up kitchens around World Showcase to sample the food and drink of the numerous countries. It’s a great time and a good way to leisurely wander around.

If you happen to be able to go to any of them, the tip of the day is to stay away from the weekends…. It’s a food and drink madhouse.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Texed said:

A couple of photos. 

IMG_0229.thumb.jpeg.d20de55c9c5214b54b2f19cae99b6dbf.jpeg

That disappointing.  Retreat Lounge menu from Edge had Decoy back at $17.  We tried

the Mouton reds this week and not good, the price was right $7 a bottle. Guess I be drinking vodka and cranberry.

41 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Garry is going to be terribly disappointed.

Changes are taking place. Some “old” things will be returning. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Texed said:

Oops!  One posted upside down. IMG_0228.thumb.png.d78c811ac8b1fa9c7bad97d7bb1b7d2a.png

I hope you both have a wonderful time and celebrate your anniversary every single day:classic_love:

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:42 PM, mac_tlc said:

Our journey will begin tomorrow with a flight from CT to Orlando. We will spend a few days at our house there and then “enjoy” the “E-ticket” ride known as I-95 on Sunday morning. We will rent a car one-way down and then again back to Orlando after the cruise. 

Gives us a little time to unpack and then unwind afterwards .

mac_tlc

Have you thought about using Brightline? We’re looking at flying out of Miami for our land-based tour in late September. We may take Brightline instead of a repositioning flight. I had friends that did Brightline to Miami for a flight to Rome. They said it was great!

22 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Have you thought about using Brightline? We’re looking at flying out of Miami for our land-based tour in late September. We may take Brightline instead of a repositioning flight. I had friends that did Brightline to Miami for a flight to Rome. They said it was great!

We thought about it, but since we are in Orlando for three days pre cruise and three days post cruise, we need a rental car anyway. Plus we have a wheelchair so having our own car is convenient. Plus the train would have been $600 round trip for the higher service option.

mac_tlc

5 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We thought about it, but since we are in Orlando for three days pre cruise and three days post cruise, we need a rental car anyway. Plus we have a wheelchair so having our own car is convenient. Plus the train would have been $600 round trip for the higher service option.

mac_tlc

That does seem expensive...I've got clothes on the bed for our trip...I always let the Wife make sure I have the right stuff to pack.  🙂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

That does seem expensive...I've got clothes on the bed for our trip...I always let the Wife make sure I have the right stuff to pack.  🙂

Just for kicks I priced out the train . 

IMG_5282.png

If you go with the lower class of service it’s cheaper, but there are also other trains that are more expensive. Granted it’s only two days to travel day and if we were to do it we would reserve it a long time ago. 

Unfortunately they don’t include an Uber to the airport in Orlando like they do for many other places when you book the premium fare. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

9 hours ago, countess5 said:

@mac_tlc Barbie likes her Woodford and a splash of Ginger Ale, what is Woodford and Peaches? A drink or deseart ? 🍸

Cheers! 

It’s a cocktail, from Luminae although you can get it in the Lounge and maybe other places:

IMG_5283.jpeg

Happily following along as we anticipate sailing on the Ascent b2b from February 18 to March 3 in a sky suite.  We have tons of shipboard from booking last February on the Edge.  We have prebooked Eden ( loved it last year), Rooftop GG, Fine Cut, and Raw (also really enjoyed it on the Edge).

Just relaxing and enjoying the ship is our goal.  We might walk around a few ports on our own.

Have a wonderful cruise.  Thanks for doing a live trip report.

….Sandy

• Like 1

And so, we headed home after an enjoyable day at the International Festival of the Arts. As we were leaving at about 7, a ton of folks were just coming in. Festival Friday nights are quite popular!

IMG_5295.jpeg

IMG_5290.jpeg

IMG_5293.jpeg

Lots of packing to do tomorrow and finishing our check in. Going to be “Florida-chilly” at a high of about 57. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 8