“LIVE” from the newest Celebrity lady —- Celebrity Ascent — January 21, 2024.

mac_tlc

57 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

According to the app, lobster roll is at lunch on day 7.

We had the lobster roll on the last cruise.  It had twice the lobster than before. It was excellent. I will probably have one on this cruise also. 😎

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

Do you have lounge chairs in your balcony? I saw recent sailings wheresky suites had the lounge chair. Thanks

Here is our balcony :

IMG_5344.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Are these the new Luminae menus on Ascent?

I’ll take a closer look as we go along, but lunch today and tonight’s menu look the same as on the Beyond last spring.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Oh dear.  I know it isn’t, but it all looks plastic including the folding camping table.

Same as we had on Beyond last spring, except there was a lounger on Beyond. Although tbh, the lounger was sideways and not that useful unless you wanted to stare at the balcony divider.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:42 PM, mac_tlc said:

We are not wine drinkers so the latest issue with pricing dome wines above the premium package limit does not directly affect us, although the idea of it bothers me. 

Happen to be at Sam’s club this afternoon and saw these. 

IMG_5299.jpeg

IMG_5298.jpeg

Sure doesn’t seem like a glass on Celebrity should cost more than a bottle. If I did drink it, I would certainly bring my own —— ahh that’s luxury!!!

mac_tlc

I may be wrong but don't think Celebrity is pouring Decoy Red Reserve you have priced.   more like the regular Decoy at $18.99   (17.00 if you buy it in a six pack)  at Safeway.   And I'm a non-drinker.

image.png

3 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Oh dear.  I know it isn’t, but it all looks plastic including the folding camping table.

Celebrity clearly doesn't encourage dining on your balcony. We certainly didn't on our last Beyond cruise in a Sky Suite. 😣

Last February we were in a sky suite on the Edge  We had  butler back then and asked for a higher/bigger table for our balcony, since we like to have breakfast out there.  He was very accommodating and got us this table, which worked out well.  We'll see if this can be done on our Ascent cruise in a few weeks.image.thumb.jpeg.d63cba882a4d4c96e1911ee5d3d40737.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Morning and Welcome to Nassau!

IMG_1022.thumb.png.18aee18b409766e40b1df3f447f8d1e3.png

Cheers!

IMG_5377.jpeg

Still quite windy this morning. Seas were rocking a bit yesterday, we have never been bothered by it but you could definitely feel it. 

I met up with some friends we met on Beyond last year in the Retreat Lounge  before sailaway. So nice to chat with folks we have met before! 

As I mentioned in an earlier post we like to eat early so at 5:30 we headed to the Retreat Lounge for a snack and a drink. It was fairly crowded as is to be expected on day 1 at that time. After a few minutes, I went to the bar to grab a drink . Woodford rye on the rocks. Good. 

Our usual snack has been the “homemade” chips and glazed nuts (usually vary every night). Here is the first minor noticeable cutback—-

IMG_5359.jpeg

Those are Lays chips and Planters peanuts. We will see if the selection changes. The other items available were as it has been in the past. 

Next up - Dinner at Luminae 

Mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Great pics.... we have the other itin with St Kitts Tortola and SJ..so it wil be fun to hear  about your ports.

As to chairs in general in E CLass.. seriously not ergonomic or comfy and ugly

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:49 PM, Andy C said:

Another "live"  thread where the actual live review doesn't start until many pages in,  I live in Florida.  Nice to see Epcot but I came to see your ship review.  

Andy - no offense but the OP isn't catering their review to your specific circumstances. Just skip the portions you're not interested in. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

Great pics.... we have the other itin with St Kitts Tortola and SJ..so it wil be fun to hear  about your ports.

As to chairs in general in E CLass.. seriously not ergonomic or comfy and ugly

I have certainly heard many comments on the E-class chairs. Right now I am on my balcony and the chair is pretty good! The table is ridiculous but I’m comfortable staring out at the ocean and the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam. 

My wife’s major chair issue is that they are low. She has some lower back issues that are not fond of a low seat! 

I am here to report that the chairs at Cafe alBacio are wonderful 😂😂.

mac_tlc

• Like 4

Dinner was at Luminae last night. We were seated in a two-top table looking out over the bow. For those not familiar with Luminae on Beyond/Ascent, the restaurant is shaped like a hockey stick. (Go Bruins!)

The entrance is down by the handle and we were seated at the end by the blade. For about 30 minutes we had a great view before it got dark. 

Here is the menu:

IMG_5360.jpeg

Our waiter stated that all the classics are available. Caesar sales, escargot, onion soup, shrimp cocktail for apps. Chicken breast, salmon, ny sirloin as entrees. 

I went with the French onion soup (a nightly event) and crispy kale salad with the duck breast. 

IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5362.jpeg

I don’t think I eat kale anywhere but in this salad but it is really delicious. Frankly, anything with pine nuts is a winner.

This was the first time having the duck and it was quite good. Not at all fatty. It was cooked medium and had a pepper-crust which was also good. I would definite order it again. 

We are not big fans of the desserts, ale hop ugh we certainly try to be 😜. Ended up with vanilla ice cream and the cheese plate. 

To address a question raised earlier —- the menu is the pretty much the same as it was on Beyond last spring.

We are not in a rush to finish dinner when on a cruise so I am not the best source of timing —- whether rushed service or slow service. Dessert took a bit longer than usual to arrive but overall we were there about 1.5 hours. For us, that’s fine. We have enough 30 minute dinners when at home. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5