Daily internet prices to increase!

dweeb

10 hours ago, nho9504 said:

It disappeared from my account.  It was there a few days ago.  Today when I tried to purchase the internet package, all being shown are the Plus and Premium Upgrade Packages!  No any other package whatsoever!

I later found the Medallion Net package on the Old Medallion App.  Thank goodness I haven't uninstalled the old app after downloading the new app. 

Can't find Medallion Net on old app.  What am I doing wrong

13 minutes ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

On the Home page, under "OceanReady Travel Checklist", below Arrival Status there are five lines of options

Luggage Tags & Docs / My Preferences / Safety Essentials / MedallionNet / Payment Methods & Packages

Edited by boeckli
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, boeckli said:

On the Home page, under "OceanReady Travel Checklist", below Arrival Status there are five lines of options

Luggage Tags & Docs / My Preferences / Safety Essentials / MedallionNet / Payment Methods & Packages

Thank you for the info but it just isn't there nor is the "luggage tags and docs"  hahaha  Guess I will have to call Princess or DL the new app

37 minutes ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

Thank you for the info but it just isn't there nor is the "luggage tags and docs"  hahaha  Guess I will have to call Princess or DL the new app

Best to remove the app and re load it. Sounds like your version is corrupt. I've done this before and you don't lose any info. 

• Like 1

Please some advice.  I mentioned before that I couldn't find it on the new app so we called and they said I could get the discounted price of $7.50 per day, took my cc# and it now appears paid on my personalizer and pending on my cc.  But I'm only Ruby. 

Looking back on some of these posts I saw you could get it on the old app so I looked and it was there at the regular price of $14.99 day.  Should I purchase it again and if they don't find the error can cancel the regular price before the November 2024 cruise?

4 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Please some advice.  I mentioned before that I couldn't find it on the new app so we called and they said I could get the discounted price of $7.50 per day, took my cc# and it now appears paid on my personalizer and pending on my cc.  But I'm only Ruby. 

Looking back on some of these posts I saw you could get it on the old app so I looked and it was there at the regular price of $14.99 day.  Should I purchase it again and if they don't find the error can cancel the regular price before the November 2024 cruise?

I don't see how you can be holding two internet packages at the same time.  I'd just leave it and worst case is they bill you another $7.50 - you are booked at $15 base rate.  Either that or call/chat and advise them you were under-billed and please charge an extra $7.50/day.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That doesn’t sound right to me.  If they charge you in March, probably go through at the rate

at the time?

I’d want them to charge me now at the current price.  You want to see MedNet on your travel summary and the price you paid.  

If you look now, and see it on there as paid, then you’re okay.

I hear what you're saying. I printed out my personalizer where it shows that we "purchased" it and it shows yesterday's date on my print out. Will take it with me to fight if it comes to that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

If you look at your Travel Summary it says what you purchased and cost.  Leave it at that.

Edited by dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I didn't really want to pre-pay for my next 5 cruises' wifi, I went ahead and did just that.  I ran the numbers, and will end up saving over $300.   The $5 increase($7.5 to $12.50)  for the Elite pricing going forward adds up for sure.  It would've cost me almost double for the many 14+ day future cruises I have booked. 😳

I do realize that people either want or don't want wifi on a cruise.  I am one of those people whose family needs to be able to contact me no matter where I am.  It is better to save money when/where you can so you can keep cruising/traveling.  YMMV

• Like 5

Hello - newbie to Princess - I don't see an option to pay for the wifi up front using a gift card?  I actually also wanted to prepay gratuities now using a gift card and also don't see that option on either the website or the app.  Is this something I have to call Princess directly to do? TIA!

36 minutes ago, KaiBlue said:

Hello - newbie to Princess - I don't see an option to pay for the wifi up front using a gift card?  I actually also wanted to prepay gratuities now using a gift card and also don't see that option on either the website or the app.  Is this something I have to call Princess directly to do? TIA!

Yes you have too call to use gift cards to buy internet. I did that yesterday. Not sure about prepay gratuities, you can ask if you call.

Doug

Thank you for the responses!  I just called (got through very quickly and seemed to get a knowledgeable rep) and tried to prepay both the gratuities and the wifi together using gift cards.  The rep said I couldn't use multiple gift cards on a transaction so I ended up purchasing the gratuities with my largest gift card but didn't have a remaining single gift card that was large enough to payoff the wifi so just used my charge card.  This seems like a very antiquated system they use.  Then the rep said I would get an updated confirmation via email and the confirmation doesn't even mention the purchases (nothing on their about grats or wifi at all).  But in the app it does show that I have wifi purchased and if I go and open the 'travel summary' in the app it shows them all under 'special services' - doesn't say it's been paid or anything but I'm assuming it just wouldn't show there if it wasn't.  I'm honestly still finding the entire Princess process (app and website) very confusing as to how to navigate.....

8 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

I find Princess’ website difficult to navigate.

I have taken screen shots of all additional purchases..just in case !!

Glad to know it's not just me!  Taking a screen shot is an excellent idea!  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

8 hours ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

This is what I see to purchase MedallionNet on the old app.

1st screenshot: what I see on my cruise’s homepage

2nd: option to purchase 1 or 4 device

Next is to pay & used my c/c listed on my account

3rd: shows my purchase & how to sign-in on the ship

IMG_8044.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8046.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

This is what I see to purchase MedallionNet on the old app.

1st screenshot: what I see on my cruise’s homepage

2nd: option to purchase 1 or 4 device

Next is to pay & used my c/c listed on my account

3rd: shows my purchase & how to sign-in on the ship

IMG_8044.jpeg

That's how it looked on mine as well.

• Like 3

Just now, Amy G said:

I purchased mine yesterday through the app, and my travel summary it does not show my Elite discount. Should I be worried?

Call Princess and get it corrected.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Amy G said:

I purchased mine yesterday through the app, and my travel summary it does not show my Elite discount. Should I be worried?

28 minutes ago, dog said:

Call Princess and get it corrected.

Agree…Time is running out soon ⏲️

This is what I see on my “Travel Summary” under “Special Services” for a 10-day cruise with the 50% discount.

MedallionNet 1-device Discount 1 $75.00  
  • Like 1