Daily internet prices to increase!

dweeb

1 minute ago, PapaGoose said:

BTW, as others have already asked, could the OP give us a hint or two about the “other site” that they saw this news so we can validate the news before we pre purchase a wifi package with our CC instead of OBC? It would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, even though I pre purchased for 2024 cruises- I’d like to see source.  Any travel agents get this news?

• Like 1

Yes, travel agents got this news via email today.  It came near the bottom of the weekly email blast with news and updates.  HAL did the same thing when they raised gratuities....all the way down at the bottom of the email.

I hated the wording of this which amounts to "price increase, but not if you buy the more expensive bundle!"

I really hope that they offer a "lite" version of this package eventually. I think it would actually sell better if say they only offered beer and wine or a non alcoholic version.

Edited by cruisingrob21
  • Thanks 4

So glad I read these posts. We do not do the Plus package so I just went ahead and paid for our Internet now while the price was still lower. Saved $$ on our next 4 cruises. Much easier to do it in the old App as all our cruises are listed on it instead of having to log in for each individual cruise on the new App. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

So glad I read these posts. We do not do the Plus package so I just went ahead and paid for our Internet now while the price was still lower. Saved $$ on our next 4 cruises. Much easier to do it in the old App as all our cruises are listed on it instead of having to log in for each individual cruise on the new App. 

How far out is your next cruise?  I tried to prepay internet for our June 2025 Alaska cruise but the button is grayed out and can't select the plan.  Hope I dont have to call, I hate wasting time on hold

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Therese S. said:

How far out is your next cruise?  I tried to prepay internet for our June 2025 Alaska cruise but the button is grayed out and can't select the plan.  Hope I dont have to call, I hate wasting time on hold

I pre purchased for March 22/25 on the Sun, but did it last week, no problem. Got my  elite discount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Therese S. said:

Our final cruise (so far) is June 6, 2025 to Alaska. I was able to pay for that one too

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Our final cruise (so far) is June 6, 2025 to Alaska. I was able to pay for that one too

I thought I recognized your CC name from our roll-call, we're on the same Alaska cruise.  I will try again tmrw.  I also have booked the 54 day Tahiti/Australia, New Zealand for March 2026, I plan to prepay internet for that too.  Oh and the tips to cover the $1 increase from $16 to $17.  22 day cruise that $44 for two people, and the 54 days cruise would be $108. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Yeah, I get that...but if something is 14.99 and it increases to 24.99...well, we're not talking about $2...

Definitely not $2. 🤣

But what I am trying to say is that the percentage that it went up doesn't matter. It's whether or not I think it's worth whatever the new price is.

Now I have to go update my spreadsheet with all these new prices!

1 hour ago, PapaGoose said:

BTW, as others have already asked, could the OP give us a hint or two about the “other site” that they saw this news so we can validate the news before we pre purchase a wifi package with our CC instead of OBC? It would be greatly appreciated!

I saw it on Mark Zuckerberg’s social media site this morning in one of the Princess groups.

• Like 1

$24.99 new internet price.  Half price for elite and platinum is $12.50.

So when will Princess discount $60 Plus package by $12.50 per day?  I’ll even take Plus for $50 pp/pd with all the bells and whistles.

And, I think, I heard a YouTuber say that HAL is raising crew appreciation.  Will Princess follow suit?  Not holding my breath, but I’m betting that the Beverage all inclusive will raise sometime this year.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not surprised they're doing this. The rate they charged for Internet access has always been well behind their peer group. Now, for those without status, it's closer to what the competition charges.

Like others, I see this as a selling tool for the packages, and later on, for justification for the increase in price of those packages.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Yes, travel agents got this news via email today.  It came near the bottom of the weekly email blast with news and updates.  HAL did the same thing when they raised gratuities....all the way down at the bottom of the email.

I hated the wording of this which amounts to "price increase, but not if you buy the more expensive bundle!"

I really hope that they offer a "lite" version of this package eventually. I think it would actually sell better if say they only offered beer and wine or a non alcoholic version.

Thanks for confirming OP’s information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoffa30 said:

I saw it on Mark Zuckerberg’s social media site this morning in one of the Princess groups.

Thanks for showing us another source!

8 minutes ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

January 2022 was 2 years ago. Makes me think this is probably fake news.

I am certain they are referring to January 22, 2024.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Are we allowed to say the name of the YouTuber reporting this?

He said it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

So when will Princess discount $60 Plus package by $12.50 per day?  I’ll even take Plus for $50 pp/pd with all the bells and whistles.

Wouldn't it be great if that's how packages of anything were calculated?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Yep, my 2026 cruises are grayed out or say not available at this time.  Nice…NOT.

13 hours ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

We are Elite. We have a cruise on the Sun Princess. How do we book the internet before price increase.

I've just done it.  Tried on the App but it rejected my credit card, same thing happened last September.  My theory is that, when you register your card, you don't have to put the 3 digit security code.  Normally, when buying online,  you do have to input this.  That's my theory anyway.

Back to the subject, I originally tried live chat but it referred me to having to telephone Princess to get it added.

After much holding on whilst I was transferred from one agent to another, I did manage to purchase the whole cruise, one device plan for the 50% discount.  My advice, therefore, is to ring the number on the webpage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

It will stop when people refuse to pay for overinflated prices.  

Since we sail mostly without buying their packages, this will be something else we can live without. Most times we get included internet service at our island stops anyway. 

• Like 2

Thank you to the original OP for this information.  

I was able to purchase internet at the rate of $7.50 per day (platinum level) for our June 2025 22 day Alaska cruise and went ahead and prepaid daily tips in case they also go up.  

Was not able to purchase internet for our 54 day South Pacific cruise in March 2026.  App says “No Plans Available to Purchase”. Maybe its just too far out date wise.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I really hope that they offer a "lite" version of this package eventually. I think it would actually sell better if say they only offered beer and wine or a non-alcoholic version.

Yes!!!

The Plus/Premier don't make any sense for tea-totalers.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Are we allowed to say the name of the YouTuber reporting this?

Why not?  More than one have been named and even You Tube links posted.  This one seems to have the ring of truth to it even though it may be good old "reliable".  That said, she is also a TA and would get the news release.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1