Daily internet prices to increase!

dweeb

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Like you, I took the bait & only time will tell if this was Princess’ way to get passengers to pay much sooner than normal.

I don't mind.  I also pre-paid for onboard water packages and crew appreciation.  I'm expecting those two items to go up in price well above the after-tax investment income I may make on what I spent on them and they're fully refundable at any rate.

I'm expecting the onboard bottled water package to disappear at any time.... it's too good a deal for Princess to leave out there for those of us uninterested in other beverage packages.⁸

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you buy it now and turn platinum just before this cruise then you will get a 50 % rebate onto your on board credit account. We did this 2 years ago  we did a 3 day staycation cruise to get us to platinum before our med cruise. And yes the 50% rebate came through. That's a brilliant hack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The INCREASE went through!  I just checked a 33 day cruise for this fall that I plan to cancel and internet is now $12.50 for platinum/elite.  So glad I purchased internet last week for my 22 day and 54 day cruises at the rate of $7.50  with a total overall savings of $380 

Edited by Therese S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Simple solution here if doing a longer cruise:

Starlink in Canada is selling refurbished dishes for $250 CAD. Buy one pack in your suitcase order an extension chord from the ship and set it up on your balcony and it will pay for itself. Really want to have it paid for take it up to the upper decks complete with extension chord and sell time blocks to your fellow passengers.
I am sure it won't be long before Princess has this written in the cruise contract saying you can't bring a dish with you. 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Teechur said:

If we buy the 4-device plan, can it be shared by occupants of two adjacent cabins?

Any of the Internet 0axkages can be shared with whomever you want.. whether family, friends or perfect strangers. It's 4 devices at a time, regardless of who uses them. 

You could share with someone in a cabin at the other end of the boat for all Princess cares... 

• Like 3

I just got home from a Princess cruise, today. I bought four future cruise credits, yesterday.

I'm not a drinker and will never pay for plus.

I had two Princess cruises in my sites that I was planning to book, when I got home. I'm now looking elsewhere and am considering trying to get a refund on my future cruise credits.

I need the Internet for various work related reasons, but am not willing to accept a 65% increase or play these games. SMH

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Teechur said:

If we buy the 4-device plan, can it be shared by occupants of two adjacent cabins?

Sure.  Share with anybody you wish to.  It's about the number of devices with simultaneous wifi access; not who is on it or where on the ship the devices are living.

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Even though it was expected and I prepaid for 10 cruises, seeing the new price increase was still a bit shocking! 

$399.84 for an upcoming 16 day TA cruise

Yes, my one device for  my TA increases by $92CAD 

• Like 1

Contacted our travel agent today and inquired of price increase on WiFi.  Princess had never notified her agency.  We have 2 cruises booked with Princess and would have been nice if they grandfathered those with existing reservations.  She suggested I write to Princess Customer Relations with that thought.  

end of vent

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gailnnels said:

Contacted our travel agent today and inquired of price increase on WiFi.  Princess had never notified her agency.  We have 2 cruises booked with Princess and would have been nice if they grandfathered those with existing reservations.  She suggested I write to Princess Customer Relations with that thought.  

end of vent

Yep, I saw very little about this. Here first and then one post on fb- yesterday.

I always pre pay wifi, crew Appreciation & purchase water right after I book.  But there are a lot of others who have saved hundreds of dollars thanks to this thread.

Thanks to the Op and to the travel agent members for confirming this increase.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gailnnels said:

end of vent

It's been all over the internet on multiple sites for a few days. 

4 minutes ago, milolii said:

Although no announcement from Princess,  @ceilidh1’s post verified it for me. She has always posted reliable and accurate information. 

I'm just glad I noticed and bought last night. I usually wait until the last minute and my cruise is on Monday.  However, when logging into princess website it still shows $14.99 for 1 device 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gailnnels said:

end of vent

Save a bit of your vent for your TA. They should have known and informed their clients.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gailnnels said:

end of vent

I think you can still get the old price if you book it right now. 

20 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think you can still get the old price if you book it right now. 

Not according to a Princess rep that I just spent some time with on the phone. She says the new prices have taken effect. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gailnnels said:

end of vent

They're not grandfathering the purchased price either for anybody who, like me stupidly, paid the full price in the app expecting to get the 50% discount onboard. My loyalty level in the app has been wrong for over a year, and it's been working okay for me to just pay the 100% and get back 50%. Wonderfully now, on our next cruise where I paid $150 for ten days, I'll get back $25 instead of $75. Nice, huh? I feel pretty dumb.

28 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

They're not grandfathering the purchased price either for anybody who, like me stupidly, paid the full price in the app expecting to get the 50% discount onboard. My loyalty level in the app has been wrong for over a year, and it's been working okay for me to just pay the 100% and get back 50%. Wonderfully now, on our next cruise where I paid $150 for ten days, I'll get back $25 instead of $75. Nice, huh? I feel pretty dumb.

You don't think you'll get 50% of what you paid rebated to you?

38 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Not according to a Princess rep that I just spent some time with on the phone. She says the new prices have taken effect. 

I stand corrected then.  I read that yesterday, people were still getting the old price.  

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I'm just glad I noticed and bought last night. I usually wait until the last minute and my cruise is on Monday.  However, when logging into princess website it still shows $14.99 for 1 device 

Is that to purchase, or does it just list the price?

Remember how long it too the room service to catch up with what's written on the website...