Are electric toothbrushes allowed?

RossHaven

3 minutes ago, RossHaven said:

Would like to bring our electric toothbrushes but do not want them held until the end of the cruise if not allowed.

Thanks.

Yes rechargeable (electric) tooth brushes and their chargers are allowed. 

11 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Electric floss?

WaterPik.  FYI, its NOT a floss replacement but rather a companion; one of my best friends is a dentist and Waterpik's replacing flossing is a huge trigger for her (lol)

If you have the glass cup charger, it can look like a drinking glass when off its charging base so be sure to always keep the glass on the base so the stateroom attendant doesn't accidentally grab it.  I cleaned mine and left it upside down to dry, it was accidentally taken by the stateroom attendant and he never found it.  Not a huge deal, lesson learned

image.thumb.png.e21f225c5c2d743918e93f762b243a70.png

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

the elec  brush requires plug in outside of the bathroom and takes up an elec socket space...we use battery style for travel

It is pretty rare to find a battery-less corded electric toothbrush; most models should last a sailing or two.  My Sonicare made it 10 nights (brush at least 3 times a day on cruises) without needing a recharge, I'm sure it could have lasted longer

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No problem with Electric Tooth brushes.    I recently brought my Sonic Care and was away for 6 weeks.   Never needed to charge it, which surprised me.  

Just googled my model:

image.thumb.png.1e959f87740c2a5ad154e46741247d32.png

I've since upgraded to the fancy-schmancy version with the charging glass and base, though I leave them at home for week long cruises, but my previous brush charged via usb. It was a pain, because I don't have usb outlets in my bathroom.

I did once forget to charge before leaving home, but guess what -- the brush works manually too! So glad I upgraded. 

IMG_3112.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

I've since upgraded to the fancy-schmancy version with the charging glass and base, though I leave them at home for week long cruises, but my previous brush charged via usb. It was a pain, because I don't have usb outlets in my bathroom.

I did once forget to charge before leaving home, but guess what -- the brush works manually too! So glad I upgraded. 

IMG_3112.JPG

My wife got me the one with the glass, too.  We’ve just completed two extended cruises and I can tell you that the glass is a pain to pack!  The time between charges is pretty good though. 

Edited by mahdnc

2 hours ago, RossHaven said:

Would like to bring our electric toothbrushes but do not want them held until the end of the cruise if not allowed.

Thanks.

Seriously?

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

WaterPik.  FYI, its NOT a floss replacement but rather a companion; one of my best friends is a dentist and Waterpik's replacing flossing is a huge trigger for her (lol)

You don't have to floss all of your teeth, just the ones you want to keep😁

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

IMG_3112.JPG

Our current Sonicare toothbrushes use this type of charger. We use the outlet adapter on ours. Our older Sonicare toothbrushes used the older cup style charger. We've pack ours but never had to use the charger on any of our cruises, but just in case and takes up no room. 

1 minute ago, 8mma said:

You don't have to floss all of your teeth, just the ones you want to keep😁

That would be all of mine then. 😁 Plus I don't want to go thru the gum repair process either. 

There's a 110V outlet in the bathrooms above the mirror for electric shavers.  Can't use it for high wattage appliances such as hairdryers/curling irons.  I use it for my waterpik.  My electric toothbrush will hold a charge for around 2 weeks.  If the battery runs low, just recharge it in the stateroom for a few hours during the day.

Edited by Wineaux007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I have braces so a WaterPik is a must.  I brought the plug in travel version on an Oceania cruise.  I needed an adapter for it.  The electrician( or whomever) came to the room, but whatever he provided for me BLEW my waterpik.  Oceania reimbursed me.  It could not be plugged into the bathroom.  I now have a rechargable no name travel version. 

21 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I have braces so a WaterPik is a must.  I brought the plug in travel version on an Oceania cruise.  I needed an adapter for it.  The electrician( or whomever) came to the room, but whatever he provided for me BLEW my waterpik.  Oceania reimbursed me.  It could not be plugged into the bathroom.  I now have a rechargable no name travel version. 

Portable is so much better, even though you can close your lips around it to prevent water from going everywhere, we still keep and use ours in the shower.  With the two of us using it once a day it still lasts a solid month

3 hours ago, hcat said:

the elec  brush requires plug in outside of the bathroom and takes up an elec socket space...we use battery style for travel

My SonicCare electric toothbrushes does not have to be left in the charger.  I have gone 2 weeks or more without charging it, When it needs a charge it takes about 12 hours to recharge. I don't plug it into the charger until it needs a charge.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Just googled my model:

image.thumb.png.1e959f87740c2a5ad154e46741247d32.png

I bring the portable charger for mine (very small but have never had to use it).   Even though mine says the same brushing 2x a day with the deep clean setting it still had a charge after 6 weeks.

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

There's a 110V outlet in the bathrooms above the mirror for electric shavers.  Can't use it for high wattage appliances such as hairdryers/curling irons.  I use it for my waterpik. 

I use mine for a night light.

image.thumb.jpeg.c0fade9b3e660ba4f4c11b8481bd8377.jpeg

We also bring our electric toothbrushes, and the charge usually lasts the whole week. I do bring one charger, though, just in case.