online price drop almost $700 less

oatbagg1

On 1/30/2024 at 2:20 PM, Jim_Iain said:

One thing of caution on re-pricing .    If you booked your cruise when they were offering OBC's and Gratuities when you re-price you will loose both the On-Line Credit and the free Gratuities and would be re-booked under the new price with current promotion.   

This is true.  Our cruise went down about $2000 and I called to have a price adjustment.   After they took away most of my OBC and prepaid gratuities (I originally booked a year ago), the price was basically the same as when I originally booked it so I did not re-price it.

Double-check what you are giving up and what extras you have to pay for if you re-price.   

Edited by kokopelli-az
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

I wish when people find a price break and they get a reduced price they would mention the cruise date and name of ship. Even though I know it could effect different sailings would be interesting to see where people are getting the reduced amounts. Just saying...

February 27,2025 Aruba, Bonaire & Grand Cayman Constellation.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Klinkschakel said:

I booked online with X, did not choose the refundable deposit. Not past final payment (sailing in Aug).

For European customers (Netherlands), can I have my fare adjusted now the price has dropped?

Yes you can. I’m in UK and have called and had a price adjustment many times. Never an issue. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:49 PM, oatbagg1 said:

Booked on a Celebrity cruise, paid in full. Today I see the price has dropped $700 for same cabin category. 

Called Celebrity and she messed with our reservation wanting to charge us $1900+ then acted like she did us a big favor by getting us back to our paid cost.  No explaination given or courtesy.  I'm sort of mad about this.

The rules keep changing, so I understand your concern.  Also, there are many newbies, so many inconsistencies too.  My husband was in a very bad ski accident on Monday, but our cruise was before final payment, as we booked a long time ago; however, our payment was made early...they go by the new rules, not the rules when you booked...cruise was an extra $500 because they had all of our payment.  No switch to another cruise either, but hey, my DH’s life is more important than any cruise, or amount of money.  It is so hard to know the rules, but always wait as long as possible to pay.  Price drops are different too, no mater when you booked.  We won’t be cruising anytime soon, as recovery will be months, along with surgeries.  

Edited by Lastdance

48 minutes ago, Klinkschakel said:

Great! Thanks so much! Will give them a call.

Will not work in most European countries, they did this only during Covid times with special regulations. Same in the UK by the way.

Edited by Saab4444

On 1/30/2024 at 11:44 PM, oatbagg1 said:

yes, we paid in full . And yes, they have told us the same thing--you've paid the price you've paid.  

It's lousy paying early but paying more.  thanks all.

If you paid in full already or not does not matter, the question is if final payment date has past.

7 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Will not work in most European countries, they did this only during Covid times with special regulations. Same in the UK by the way.

I have called and had my price reduced for the past 5 or 6 cruises. Always called before final payment date. I’m in the UK. It does work. 

On 2/2/2024 at 2:01 AM, waggie said:

Pleased to read that some of you have retained any benefits when there is a price drop. We booked for this March on 28 December 2023 with final payment  04 January 2024- barely a week. Two weeks later a price drop over almost £1000- but no refund as it was after final payment. 17 cruises with Celebrity ( Elite+ too) and when I asked if they would give some obc towards excursions - which they would also benefit from- no!

I wish I had listened to the wise owls here- don’t look at the price after final payment but be happy with what you have booked!

Yep.  I don't even bother looking after the final payment is made.  I just don't even want to know.  😃

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 2:01 AM, waggie said:

I wish I had listened to the wise owls here- don’t look at the price after final payment but be happy with what you have booked!

Edge May 31 - June 7, 2024  Alaska from Seattle Closed loop

On 1/30/2024 at 8:09 PM, Jim_Iain said:

A trick I do is to do a mock booking and on the page where you select cabin type I book mark.   Makes it really quick and easy to check .

Example: 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL11H036&sDT=2024-04-25&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

Is there any way to find this info if my particular cabin type is already sold out?  

2 hours ago, SerraG said:

Is there any way to find this info if my particular cabin type is already sold out?  

On that particular window if a cabin category is sold out it will say so

Example of a Beyond sailing with only Retreat unsold - if you click Retreat it will only show one cabin.    Meaning only cabin on ship unsold.    If when you click the link and nothing shows up --- means that the ship is totally sold out.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=BY10D058&sDT=2024-03-22&sCD=BY&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1&category=D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 11:38 AM, Lastdance said:

The rules keep changing, so I understand your concern.  Also, there are many newbies, so many inconsistencies too.  My husband was in a very bad ski accident on Monday, but our cruise was before final payment, as we booked a long time ago; however, our payment was made early...they go by the new rules, not the rules when you booked...cruise was an extra $500 because they had all of our payment.  No switch to another cruise either, but hey, my DH’s life is more important than any cruise, or amount of money.  It is so hard to know the rules, but always wait as long as possible to pay.  Price drops are different too, no mater when you booked.  We won’t be cruising anytime soon, as recovery will be months, along with surgeries.  

Celebrity is known for their sales.  Last April to the Caribbean I think I had 4 price drops, as I booked almost a year in advance.  So sorry about your husband's ski accident.  If by some chance does your credit card come with any Travel Insurance that can be used.  Sending happy healing thoughts.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 5:14 AM, kokopelli-az said:

This is true.  Our cruise went down about $2000 and I called to have a price adjustment.   After they took away most of my OBC and prepaid gratuities (I originally booked a year ago), the price was basically the same as when I originally booked it so I did not re-price it.

Double-check what you are giving up and what extras you have to pay for if you re-price.   

In my case I only lost $50 OBC and saved $ 1600, so for me good trade off.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Celebrity is known for their sales.  Last April to the Caribbean I think I had 4 price drops, as I booked almost a year in advance.  So sorry about your husband's ski accident.  If by some chance does your credit card come with any Travel Insurance that can be used.  Sending happy healing thoughts.  

Thank you for the healing thoughts; the second MRI is tomorrow, so hopefully by Wednesday we will have some direction.  Yes, we did have insurance, but it was more expensive than what Celebrity wanted in total- yes, it was very expensive; we were lucky to still be within the 10 day waiting period, so received a full refund.  I just want my DH to be able to move on from this, even with 6 months or more of PT.  We continue to book our cruises when they are first released, so also get price drops too.  This cruise only had one price drop, but 2,200 in OBC for Hawaii, the most we have ever had for a 10 day cruise.  I also canceled a cruise and received a full refund of 900, since Celebrity upped our down payment.  It wasn’t until November, but I was not pleased by the way we were treated by Celebrity and needed some time before we cruise next year on a b2b to ease my feelings and use all my energy to help my hubby.  The best part is that he said no more skiing!  

Again, thank you so much for sending positive energy!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

; the second MRI is tomorrow, so hopefully by Wednesday we will have some direction.

We hope all goes well. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Texed said:

We hope all goes well. 

Thank you, Texed.  Both legs are injured with Achilles(he has a boot)and hamstring tear on the other leg.  The good news is that he is determined to see it through and be a model patient 😍 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 5:44 PM, oatbagg1 said:

yes, we paid in full . And yes, they have told us the same thing--you've paid the price you've paid.  

It's lousy paying early but paying more.  thanks all.

But sometimes the price increases, and better cabins sell out.