ULTIMATE WORLD CRUISE - REROUTING??

Don't care about this at all, but clearly a lot of people do.  Hoping you'll talk about it here instead of in the deployment threads for two different years.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Are you definitely hearing about a reroute?

No, hence the question marks in the title.  But people are speculating about it in two different deployment threads, so I'm trying to get people to talk about it here instead of in those threads.  I doubt it will work.

2 minutes ago, fac429 said:

No, hence the question marks in the title.  But people are speculating about it in two different deployment threads, so I'm trying to get people to talk about it here instead of in those threads.  I doubt it will work.

We have been all following the thread on here started by ISLAND LADY.  I am sure if there is any news about a re-route they would all let us know as they are obviously on the ship.  Any other "news" is just speculation.  I would trust the actual cruisers before anyone else.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

We have been all following the thread on here started by ISLAND LADY. 

That would be another lovely place for people to talk about it.  Instead of the deployment threads.  

3 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Nothing to talk about right now.   It aint happening.  When it does we will all be the first to know.

I don't disagree with you, and yet there's been over a dozen posts just today in two different threads about deployment talking about it anyway.  My point, and my reason for creating THIS thread, was that if people feel the need to speculate about what's going to happen months from now they should do it here, in Island Lady's thread, their local tavern, Al Jazeera, random street corners, and plenty of other places outside of the threads that are supposed to be about deployment.

13 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Nothing to talk about right now.   It aint happening.  When it does we will all be the first to know.

Other cruise lines are making plans and have made announcements. 

Just because it hasn’t been announced doesn’t mean it isn’t happening or being planned,  it just means Joe Bloggs doesn’t know yet, but that doesn’t stop people talking.

Like the OP, it doesn’t bother me one way or another but not sure why you would be averse to a dedicated thread for those that might want to discuss it.

I am not sure the ISLAND LADY thread needs to be cluttered with it any more than the deployment threads, but I am sure you are right, in time it will affect some of  those on that thread and you will get to hear about it. Not everyone is following that thread and I agree a re-routing isn’t a new deployment. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fac429 said:

I don't disagree with you, and yet there's been over a dozen posts just today in two different threads about deployment talking about it anyway.  My point, and my reason for creating THIS thread, was that if people feel the need to speculate about what's going to happen months from now they should do it here, in Island Lady's thread, their local tavern, Al Jazeera, random street corners, and plenty of other places outside of the threads that are supposed to be about deployment.

Nobody wants to Hijack ISLAND LADIES thread about a story that dont exist.  The cruise is going as planned and until the Captain tells their guests otherwise they will be transiting the Suez canal as planned.

Its a website about Cruising.  If you want to talk about terrorists and their behavior go to your Al Jazeera website.  Why stir the pot on here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, fac429 said:

Click report on the "offending" posts and let a moderator handle it.  Much better than creating another speculation thread.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Click report on the "offending" posts and let a moderator handle it.  Much better than creating another speculation thread.

I don't believe there is another speculation thread, which is why I created one.  As noted above, people are talking about it primarily in unrelated threads so it seemed like that conversation needed a home.  

• Like 3

It'll probably help to post a link to this thread on the 2 deployment threads to steer the conversation & people here.  It's certainly a cruise worthy topic that some may be interested in, even if it's just speculation as this point (like 9,000 other topics on CC 🙂)

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

Just now, HBE4 said:

It'll probably help to post a link to this thread on the 2 deployment threads to steer the conversation & people here.  It's certainly a cruise worth topic that some may be interested in, even if it's just speculation as this point (like 9,000 other topics on CC 🙂)

Good idea!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fac429 said:

I don't believe there is another speculation thread, which is why I created one.  As noted above, people are talking about it primarily in unrelated threads so it seemed like that conversation needed a home.  

I think this thread is a good idea so as to NOT clog up the main one by Island Lady which will end when they leave in LA .

I hear Carnival Corp has changed some Red Sea travels.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

What is a 'deployment' thread?

It's a message board post about where ships are going to be stationed i.e. which ports they are sailing out of at various times during the year, plus all the associated commentary.

• Thanks 1

I saw a lady on Tik Tok who was onboard saying that the captain made an announcement that they would no longer be going through the canal and instead will be going round South Africa.

Was this BS? I literally cannot find anything else about it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackaboo said:

I saw a lady on Tik Tok who was onboard saying that the captain made an announcement that they would no longer be going through the canal and instead will be going round South Africa.

Was this BS? I literally cannot find anything else about it!

I have yet to read it on our CC thread with multiple posters on board.  Only time will tell.  One also has to consider why they would say such a thing on Tik Tok, which is more about one’s “views” than perhaps the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xtremegk said:

To be fair...there isn't much else to talk about on the deployment thread (for another couple of weeks).

Correct, deployment 2024/25 is done for some weeks. And the remaining World Cruise is part of this deployment so a rerouting discussion is fine there, no need for another one.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Correct, deployment 2024/25 is done for some weeks. And the remaining World Cruise is part of this deployment so a rerouting discussion is fine there, no need for another one.

My thinking too 

15 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

What is a 'deployment' thread?

4 hours ago, BND said:

Why can't someone just post a link?

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Thank you 

I can’t seem to find it 

Here is the link to one of them. The other is probably a few pages back but should be easy to find as  "Deployment" is always the first word in the title. 

• Thanks 2