Why won't they ship our Medallions?

shanna135

Just called 1800 774 6237 to talk to a real person about our first cruise ever starting March 6th.  It was hard to understand the person I was talking too and there was a tremendous amount of other people talking in the back round. Is there another number?  Tried to order the madallians  but was told can't ship them to my address in Nebraska.  First time ever that has happened.  We do have UPS etc..  even here.  Have tried to cover all the bases on their site but wanted someone to look things over.  Thanks for any ones help

4 minutes ago, shanna135 said:

Just called 1800 774 6237 to talk to a real person about our first cruise ever starting March 6th.  It was hard to understand the person I was talking too and there was a tremendous amount of other people talking in the back round. Is there another number?  Tried to order the medallions  but was told can't ship them to my address in Nebraska.  First time ever that has happened.  We do have UPS etc..  even here.  Have tried to cover all the bases on their site but wanted someone to look things over.  Thanks for any ones help

Nope, but you can try some other phone tree options presented.  In your case, there won't be any other useful option, however.  Just call again and hope to get someone intelligent.

PS - Maybe smiley-face JP should try calling his own phone support center and see how he gets along.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3

My advice for what it may be worth is that if you are in the blue lane just pick up your medallion at the pier. It's takes a very short time maybe 5 10 minutes. 

What other questions do you have. You will probably receive better answers.

Princess is in the customer satisfaction business, both pre-cruise and on board. They really need to get their act together, probably need to replace their current leader.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shanna135 said:

Called again and can't get an answer why they can't ship the medallions.  Sounded like it would save us some time. 

Did you try logging in on a computer, and try to order your medallions there? That would probably be the easiest way.

Just get a good CVP. They can get information for you. There are certain situations where some things cannot be sent to things like PO Boxes etc.  This probably is not my your issue but the main telephone number is not the best bet

• Like 1

This is a longshot but may be worth checking. . . Go to the USPS website and check your address there.  If USPS has your address in their system with something oddly ordered or abbreviated, Princess’ site may be validating against that and not finding the address the way you usually enter it. Odd, yes, but it happened recently with a family member’s USPS deliveries.

I dont know if you can get a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner this close to sailing, but a good one (or good TA) is priceless when you have issues before sailing. We cant name agents here, but Facebook searches will lead you to some of the popular ones.

Hopefully you can get them mailed and you have a wonderful cruise!

35 minutes ago, shanna135 said:

Just called 1800 774 6237 to talk to a real person about our first cruise ever starting March 6th.  It was hard to understand the person I was talking too and there was a tremendous amount of other people talking in the back round. Is there another number?  Tried to order the madallians  but was told can't ship them to my address in Nebraska.  First time ever that has happened.  We do have UPS etc..  even here.  Have tried to cover all the bases on their site but wanted someone to look things over.  Thanks for any ones help

35 minutes ago, shanna135 said:

So did you book the cruise yourself, online or over the phone?  You really should not have a problem getting help now over the phone. I have had to call back when there is a language barrier. Don't be afraid to tell them you don't understand them and want to call back. I am from Nebraska and had the medallions shipped to me. BUT  it took twelve days from the email saying they were shipped to the day I got them . That sounds normal. My guess is the phone representative was trying to tell you that they can't ship them  because of time restraints,  After personally seeing how long it took to ship them, I think at this point, I would pick them up at the port. 

I did everything either on the laptop or over the phone. I do have both apps loaded for on board. Are you able to print out all your travel documents and luggage tags, and everything needed to board. Don't forget passports and I.D.    Double check to read up on everything needed to board.  Very exciting for your first ever cruise. 

@shanna135...Welcome to Cruise Critic!  It's *possible* that it may be too late to get a medallion ordered.  They actually come from either China or Indonesia...you don't get a "shipping" notification until they hit the US.  There's obviously some lead time involved, so that may be the issue here.

• Like 1

Tried on the computer,on the app, and called but they won't ship them.  We are 31 days out.  What am I doing wrong?  I know I live in Nebraska but we do have UPS,FedX,etc...  Thanks for any help

15 minutes ago, shanna135 said:

Tried on the computer,on the app, and called but they won't ship them.  We are 31 days out.  What am I doing wrong?  I know I live in Nebraska but we do have UPS,FedX,etc...  Thanks for any help

Do you have a smartphone, where you can download the Princess App?  You should be able to order the medallion.  If

you can detail what you are doing, we can walk you through it.

It does cost $10 for shipping, unless you have Plus

or Premier beverage package.

BTW, they usually come by USPS.

Edited by PacnGoNow

I have a smart phone.  When I order the Medallions on the app or logging in on my computer or when calling customer care it doesn't give the option to ship.  Again 31 days out. I'll check our UPS address.  Thanks for every ones help.

Edited by shanna135

I really think based on my recent experience, that even if they would let you order them now, you would not get them in time. It will take time to prepare to ship, then at least twelve days to receive them after they send the email saying they were shipped.   I almost didn't get mine in time, and our order was confirmed 48 days ahead of the cruise. You don't need the stress wondering if they would arrive.  I would be glad they are telling you truthfully that they won't make it/ can't ship. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, shanna135 said:

Thanks dog  I need to learn to stay cool.

It will only take you a few minutes longer to board without the Medallion.  Don’t even think about it.  Just print out your travel summary and luggage tags and along with your passport you’ll be good to go.  Enjoy your first cruise!  Please come back and tell us all about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, shanna135 said:

Thanks I'm done with it

I know you said you were done, but just in case....

If you have anything not finished on the check-in, it won't let you order medallions until you do. It also doesn't actually give you a nice message telling you that.....

I know you said you’re done but have you tried the chat function?  I’ve had some success with different issues there.

We are in Canada and it’s about 6 days from the time we get the email saying they have been shipped until they are in my mailbox.  And they can be ordered up until 13 days before your cruise.  

You’re completed everything in the app, accepted the terms and conditions and entered your CC number and everything but your medallion has a green checkmark?

3 hours ago, Sailin Gal said:

This is a longshot but may be worth checking. . . Go to the USPS website and check your address there.  If USPS has your address in their system with something oddly ordered or abbreviated, Princess’ site may be validating against that and not finding the address the way you usually enter it. Odd, yes, but it happened recently with a family member’s USPS deliveries.

I dont know if you can get a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner this close to sailing, but a good one (or good TA) is priceless when you have issues before sailing. We cant name agents here, but Facebook searches will lead you to some of the popular ones.

Hopefully you can get them mailed and you have a wonderful cruise!

The cruise is a month out. You should be able to get a CVP within days

• Like 1

We live in Nebr. too, in a rural area, and have always been able to have Medallions shipped here.

However, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  You can just pick up a Medallion at the port.  My sisters have done that a couple of times and it was very fast-- like 5 minutes max.  

I have heard that sometimes it does slow things down on check-in, but that has not been our experience, and even then, you will get on the ship! 

Phone reps seem to be almost useless.