elite laundry benefit?

sunsetme

6 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

How many items are allowed per bag?

What you can fit in.  It is a cloth bag.  The laundry will be washed and dried on high heat so I would not place things that will shrink, delicate items,etc.  We use it for jeans socks, workout clothes, DH undergarments, pj’s, tee shirts.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jamscckmc said:

How many items are allowed per bag?

It's actually 30 items (pair of socks count as one) , but that's a lot of laundry. Do be careful what you put in though. I had 2 items ruined on our recent cruise- pair of shorts shrunk and white top came back really grubby looking. Washing all goes in together and on a very hot wash

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1

Surprised Celebrity doesn’t adjust this Elite benefit by the length of the cruise.  We have an 18-night cruise upcoming in April on Edge and as we are both Elite, our loyalty has earned us one free bag of laundry each.  Would be wonderful if this Elite perk was amended to “one free bag of laundry for cruises up to 10 days duration and two bags for cruises 11 days or longer”.  This modification would make packing a little easier for longer sailings, especially transatlantic & transpacific itineraries.

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

It's actually 30 items (pair of socks count as one) , but that's a lot of laundry. Do be careful what you put in though. I had 2 items ruined on our recent cruise- pair of shorts shrunk and white top came back really grubby looking. Washing all goes in together and on a very hot wash

Correct abt 30 items. Just write ELITE + on the receipt..keep your copy. Took a few days.  so  allow enough time.

sorry about ruined clothes !  We only send out undies, white tees and socks which hopefully  do not shrink..they use very hot water.  We prefer packing the  cleaner clothes but re wash everything once we get home!

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Correct abt 30 items. Just write ELITE + on the receipt..keep your copy. Took a few days.  so  allow enough time.

sorry about ruined clothes !  We only send out undies, white tees and socks which hopefully  do not shrink..they use very hot water.  We prefer packing the  cleaner clothes but re wash everything once we get home!

It applies to Elite and up so + not necessary.  I just reached Elite before my recent cruises late last  year and this was a perk I was able to take advantage for the first time, was pretty nice to have clothing refresh.  I wrote ELITE on the top of the laundry list form.

3 hours ago, Bobal said:

It is not always 30 items. On 2 of our cruises it was limited to 20 items. Not often but it does happen

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Piggybacking on this, has anyone had a sportcoat/jacket drycleaned?

yes , the dry cleaning is as good as anywhere at home. We had a tux done

• Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 8:29 AM, Bobal said:

A quick stop at Guest Relations will get you a refund for any items damaged - Amount credited to your OBC.

On a recent cruise we had the hilarious incident of a "small" hole as follows:

Phone call from Cabin Steward: did you put a red Dress in the laundry

Me: No

CS: I will call back. Second Call " Did you put a red top in the laundry

Me: No.

CS: I will go to the laundry and call you. Third call "did you put a pair of red mens pants in the laundry.

Me: if you mean Tartan under pants yes. What's the issue.

CS: The laundry says there is small hole in the pants do you want them washed.

Me: If it's small yes.

When the laundry was returned the pants had 200 plus holes - more holes than material.

I took the pants to GR -  more amused than annoyed just to get an explanation

GR: We can only find out what happened if you make a formal complaint.

Me: OK,I wiil do that.

GR: thanks we will complete the form and call you when we get a response.

Me: Thanks.

Straight back to the cabin and the Boss (Anita) had had a phone call. The complaint couldn't be processed as I hadn't given a price for the item. She told me the pants were part of a three pack making one pair £3 ( say $4).

Back at GR

Me the pants cost $4.

GR: Sorry we don't deal in 4's c an we put $5

Me: OK.

GR: So you are agree to $5.

Me: Yds.

GR: Thanks the sum will be credited to your account tonight. Complaint closed.

That night we were credited with $10 - appears the Accounts Dept don't work in 5's.

I then packaged up the pants and took them back to GR labelled as a present for Julie the Director of Guest Relations. Anyone who knows Julie will know she has a wicked sense of humour so I knew this would come back to haunt me.

PS If you don't know Julie you have heard her as on most Celebrity ships she is the "voice in the lifts" as well as on most pre recorded announcements. Her most famous saying is " If I  can't fix it, it ain't broke". You can look her up on line - Julie Sherringham.

On one cruise another passenger gave Julie a gift of an empty box of chocolates (she can't eat chocs due to a medical issues) she responded by delivering a bottle of wine to his cabin - needles to say the bottle was also empty. 

We never did get an explanation as to what had caused the holes

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 2:29 AM, Bobal said:

It is not limited to 30 items, it is one full bag. We used this 4 times on our 2 Edge B2B cruises in January. No limits just stuff the provided bag with as much as you can and write Elite on the laundry list. We had no problems and every item came back folded and clean, no shrinking either as we wrote cold water wash on the laundry list.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

It is not limited to 30 items, it is one full bag. We used this 4 times on our 2 Edge B2B cruises in January. No limits just stuff the provided bag with as much as you can and write Elite on the laundry list. We had no problems and every item came back folded and clean, no shrinking either as we wrote cold water wash on the laundry list.

At times there is a limit for items in the bag. I have experienced as low as 20 items .. and yes, recently. When there are too many elite and up sailing they will do this. Over half the ship on one sailing was so them the laundry becomes too busy

It's what fits in the bag, I was told it used to be you laid out your clothing on your bed, with the laundry form filled out but after trying that the stateroom attendant told me to put it all in the bag

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Plato123 said:

It seems that Elite Plus gets two bags each sailing not just one.

:image.png.ca94b5ba075a72d625d4eaa09b044793.png

Elite Plus used also to get free pressing (think was 2 items) and 1 dry cleaning item.  Did these benefits disappear ?

Edited by odysee
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, odysee said:

Elite Plus used also to get free pressing (think was 2 items) and 1 dry cleaning item.  Did these benefits disappear ?

On the Edge in January I was told the dry-cleaning benefit was no longer available.

Am on Apex now, and my Elite + benefit on the sheet in the cabin says ‘up to 2 complimentary pressed items, one complimentary dry clean item, and 2 complimentary laundry bags of 30 items (wash, dry, fold.)’

6 hours ago, gold1953 said:

At times there is a limit for items in the bag. I have experienced as low as 20 items .. and yes, recently. When there are too many elite and up sailing they will do this. Over half the ship on one sailing was so them the laundry becomes too busy

usually applies on cruises that are sailing in areas with water restrictions i.e. where the amount of water the ship can discharge  is restricted. One example is the Baltics.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DingoMom said:

Am on Apex now, and my Elite + benefit on the sheet in the cabin says ‘up to 2 complimentary pressed items, one complimentary dry clean item, and 2 complimentary laundry bags of 30 items (wash, dry, fold.)’

Thank you. That's exactly what our sheet said on Millennium in January.

We put in several bags of laundry  - never actually reached the 30 limit, had some shirts and trousers pressed and a jacket dry cleaned

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1