Princess Plus/Premier Experiences

5 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I was traveling with a group on Sky and ordered a round of maybe 12 shots (one per person), pointing to the group of us sitting next to next to each other at the bar. I was expecting the bartender to charge one (mine) to my package and charge me separately for the other 11, which I we ould have been okay with. But instead he rang up however many shots got me up to 15 drinks for the day on my package and only charged the remainder directly to my account.  So no, the crew often don't care about or try to enforce the no sharing rule.

Wow, that's taking it to the extreme.

We just usually get 2 rounds of doubles at a time to take to the cabin (or share) unless it's a mixed drink and then only one each.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:34 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

We are just off the Sky and had a wonderful time. However, there were a few glitches that I thought might be helpful for others to know about and perhaps others would like to add to it. We all had the Plus package in our group of 8 in 3 cabins (included 2 little kids).

It can't be repeated often enough. Check your folio daily! We had a random $4+  bar charge show up even though we had the Plus package. Guest services removed it no problem. I believe it was for a large bottle of water since those aren't included. (I had gotten a small bottle of water.). The most random thing is that on the Sky last summer, we had a bar charge for around $16+ something. They told us it was for 4 large bottles of water.  (We had gotten 4 small bottles of water).

Keep an eye on your beverage count. 2 of the 3 cabins went over 15 on the 1st sea day. In both cases, it was because 1 of the couple in a cabin always went and got the alcoholic beverages and got charged for 2 drinks. This meant they would go over with 8 drinks. With a scolding, guest services corrected it and told them to be sure and ask the bartender to charge 1 to each person in the cabin. I have read on CC in the past that bartenders alerted you to the fact that you were at 15. No such notification to our group. 

Beverages over $15. I have no problem with paying the amount over $15 + tip if I buy an $18 glass of wine, for example. However, in the past, the bartender always informed me that it was over $15. Usually, since it was wine and I was ordering from the menu, I knew it anyway, so no big deal. DS likes Gin and Tonics and decided to each time he got one, to try a different brand of gin. At one point, he had a bar charge which turned out to be a premium gin. I've never heard anyone mention this and since gin isn't listed on the menu by brand (I don't think?), how would one know? He didn't mind paying it. It just would be nice if the bartender had told him there was an upcharge, which he didn't.

Just thought I would share some of our experiences.

Like I said, we had a great time and these were just things others might want to know about.

The next time we sail, will be our first "Plus 60" instead of the Plus 50. I would love to hear if there are experiences with casual dining of which we should be aware?

🙂

Regarding the "Plus 60" plan.  Our last cruise aboard the Sky in January was our last with a "Plus 50" Package.  Despite the press release last fall which simply stated that "Princess Plus" would now include two casual dinners per cruise I was told that we had "Old" P+ and we were not entitled to these casual dinners.  Passenger Services had no explanation but would not provide the casual dinners. They pointed out that there was a small symbol beside our account that indicated "old" plan.  Very disappointed with their position.

• Like 1

On Grand Princess last October/November they didn't care at all. People were buying drinks for other people. One guy had used up his drinks and most of his wife's drinks and the bartenders were just fine with it. I thought it was "odd" but that's how they were handling things.

1 hour ago, louden said:

Regarding the "Plus 60" plan.  Our last cruise aboard the Sky in January was our last with a "Plus 50" Package.  Despite the press release last fall which simply stated that "Princess Plus" would now include two casual dinners per cruise I was told that we had "Old" P+ and we were not entitled to these casual dinners.  Passenger Services had no explanation but would not provide the casual dinners. They pointed out that there was a small symbol beside our account that indicated "old" plan.  Very disappointed with their position.

When you buy any product and the later when the add more features and increase the price I would assume you need to pay the new price to access new features. This would be on anything not just a cruise package. This has not been a secret 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, louden said:

Are you saying that you paid $60 a person per day and Princess will not provide all the benefit is the current $60 a day plan?  Or did you pay something less than $60 per day per person.

Did you try repricing?

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Are you saying that you paid $60 a person per day and Princess will not provide all the benefit is the current $60 a day plan?  Or did you pay something less than $60 per day per person.

Did you try repricing?

The "50" in "Plus 50 package" is Princess' indication that @louden bought Plus at the old $50 price.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Did you try repricing?

duplicate post

Edited by DallasGuy75219

2 hours ago, memoak said:

When you buy any product and the later when the add more features and increase the price I would assume you need to pay the new price to access new features. This would be on anything not just a cruise package. This has not been a secret 

But room service was always included, and so was using the app. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

The issue is that @louden booked the cruise and bought the Plus package before the price increase to $60 when at  least some casual meals, like Alfredo's/Gigi's, were complimentary (and unlimited).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The "50" in "Plus 50 package" is Princess' indication that @louden bought Plus at the old $50 price.

Thanks.  I was confused about the complaint.  If they want the benefits of the current plan, then they need to pay  another $10 a day pp.  Simple enough.  What am I missing?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thanks.  I was confused about the complaint.  If they want the benefits of the current plan, then they need to pay  another $10 a day pp.  Simple enough.  What am I missing?

As DallasG  the benefit of the current plan were added when they started charging for things that were included in the base fare.

Passengers are just asking for what they booked.

Many lines grandfather these types of changes you get what was in place at the time you booked.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

As DallasG  the benefit of the current plan were added when they started charging for things that were included in the base fare.

Many lines grandfather these types of changes you get what was in place at the time you booked.

I remember this was discussed ad infinitum at the time.

I disagree.  Rather than 'asking for what they booked', my view is that some passengers feel they are entitled to benefits that they assumed were included when they booked when, in reality, those benefits were never specified.  They are getting exactly what they paid for.  If they want the benefits of the more expensive package, they need to upgrade to that package.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

It's just another sneaky way of getting people to increase the price per day for items they thought were included. Of course they could have changed the name of the package & made some of us feel a little better about the now included items. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's just another sneaky way of getting people to increase the price per day for items they thought were included. Of course they could have changed the name of the package & made some of us feel a little better about the now included items. 

But, you have told us you would never, ever buy a package anyway, so……

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, memoak said:

The "Plan" has always been promoted as "Princess Plus"  initially sold at $50 then increased to $60.  Last fall the press release simply stated that the "Princess Plus" plan now included the two casual meals with no reference to when one subscribed to the plan or any suggestion that if you wanted this "perk" you could upgrade.  The language was inclusive with no exclusion for early purchases.  Old Plus packages were included in the new provision for $15 drink limit but did not provide for the "Juice Bar".  We were on a 10 day trip.  Why would I pay a $100 upcharge to obtain a $30 meal promotion?

59 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

But, you have told us you would never, ever buy a package anyway, so……

I purchased it when it was $50 per person per day & learned my lesson that it's so way over priced, I wouldn't do it again.

It's designed for those people who think it's a wonderful deal until they realize their mistake & can't possibly use it to their advantage. 

Someone who only occasionally uses the internet has 2 or 3 coffees & has 3 drinks a day doesn't make it a deal by any means. That is unless you want to subsidize Princesses profit margin.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:42 AM, cruisepest said: As for the beverage count, we just ask the bartender or waiter for the count and they will tell you. We have had the drinks put on just one of our accounts (usually at the MDR) so we just use each others to balance the count out. 

You can easily just check the beverage count on your own app now.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I purchased it when it was $50 per person per day & learned my lesson that it's so way over priced, I wouldn't do it again.

It's designed for those people who think it's a wonderful deal until they realize their mistake & can't possibly use it to their advantage. 

Someone who only occasionally uses the internet has 2 or 3 coffees & has 3 drinks a day doesn't make it a deal by any means. That is unless you want to subsidize Princesses profit margin.  

This is false information for anyone who is considering purchasing the packages.  Other members would be happy to help you with your own personal breakdown.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Let’s see .. 
$60 a day pp for the plus package: 

Crew Appreciation:  $16 a day pp

WiFi: $25 a day per device ($12.50 for elite status) 

Specialty Coffees x 2:  $8-$10 a day pp + 18%

Drinks x 3:  $30 - $45 a day pp + 18%

+ free medallion shipping, room service fee waived, 2 casual dining meals, and other things I don’t use regularly such as the juice bar, premium desserts, exercise classes 

One would have already gotten value from the package by doing simple math!  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Let’s see .. 
$60 a day pp for the plus package: 

Crew Appreciation:  $16 a day pp

WiFi: $25 a day per device ($12.50 for elite status) 

Specialty Coffees x 2:  $8-$10 a day pp + 18%

Drinks x 3:  $30 - $45 a day pp + 18%

+ free medallion shipping, room service fee waived, 2 casual dining meals, and other things I don’t use regularly such as the juice bar, premium desserts, exercise classes 

One would have already gotten value from the package by doing simple math!  

Perfectly laid out.  Thank you.   Let everyone choose if it’s worth it or not.  I just wish members would stop posting inaccurate numbers to dissuade new members from purchasing a package.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

3 drinks would not even get me through lunch. For us the plus plan is the best deal in town

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Perfectly laid out.  Thank you.   Let everyone choose if it’s worth it or not.  I just wish members would stop posting inaccurate numbers to dissuade new members from purchasing a package.

We even spring for the premier package on the Royal Class ships.  I find the unlimited casual dining venues to add so much value to our package.  While we love going to the MDR at lunch for the new small plate lunches and the pup lunch, most of our other meals are either at specialty or casual dining venues.  
Also, we get better wines, and unlimited photos.  I am a big fan of both!  

The premier package isn’t so much worth it for us on the older ships, as there is only really the one casual dining venue, the Salty Dog GastroPub (2 if you count the charcuterie board from Vines but I don’t really consider that to be a meal) and it is only open after 5:00 or 5:30 and now, draws a very big crowd.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We even spring for the premier package on the Royal Class ships.  I find the unlimited casual dining venues to add so much value to our package.  While we love going to the MDR at lunch for the new small plate lunches and the pup lunch, most of our other meals are either at specialty or casual dining venues.  
Also, we get better wines, and unlimited photos.  I am a big fan of both!  

The premier package isn’t so much worth it for us on the older ships, as there is only really the one casual dining venue, the Salty Dog GastroPub (2 if you count the charcuterie board from Vines but I don’t really consider that to be a meal) and it is only open after 5:00 or 5:30 and now, draws a very big crowd.  

We have Premier booked for our Canada New England on Enchanted in August  and Plus booked for our TA on Majestic July 2025.  They both work for us.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1