Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 6:11 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Does the mini-suite in the photos look narrower than the current mini's on the other Princess ships or is it just the orientation of the photos???

16 hours ago, RoperDK said:

The mini suites on the Sun are narrower than on other Princess ships.  All of the balcony cabins are, too.  The interlocking design causes that along with fitting more cabins in the space available on a deck.    

According to the deck plans, the Sun mini-suites are 303 square feet, while minis on the Royal class (checked the Sky) and Gem (checked the Emerald) are 323 square feet.  It certainly looks from the picture that they are about foot narrower.  Those numbers include the balcony.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Pretty strict rules.  I wonder if any other ports will have these restrictions because of LNG refueling?

The letter prohibits the “use of” cell phones and cameras during the entire port stop, which is surely too broadly stated. But even if it means “don’t film while we’re refueling” it’s still rather puzzling. I suppose it’s a restatement of the warning against cell phone use at my local gas station?

We have 2 connecting Reserve mini suites for next summer. We had a hell of a time finding connecting mini suites where one room sleeps 3. I had assumed that the sofa converts to a bed. Does anyone know if they do? Or when there are 3 in a room, does a bed pull down from the ceiling?

3 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

I suppose it’s a restatement of the warning against cell phone use at my local gas station?

I’m surprised those signs didn’t get taken down once gas pumps started accepting Apple Pay. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We are in cabin 14433 in November. It is a deluxe right at the beginning of the sphere starboard so the balcony looks a little bigger. Would love to know how the balcony truly is (view, depth,etc.) and if it’s large enough for a lounger. Thinking of moving to the next level or a mini suite but not enough information yet. The regular balcony furniture looks terrible! Thanks in advance!! 

Posted (edited)

Did you post that cabin number correctly?

14433 should be the next-to-the-last - aft section of the sphere, starboard.

It is a Deluxe Balcony, and not a category Premium Deluxe balcony,  so I would very much doubt that it would have loungers, even if there was room to squeeze them in..  just going by category.

We have a similar Deluxe Balcony booked...  and I would be very very surprised to learn that it might have loungers.

Here is a video with a good close shot of the aft of the sphere,  from just outside the ship..  you might be able to locate your cabin there....

The link to this video has also been posted here on Cruise Critic this morning.

Look at about 1:50 min.  mark.

Edited by Wishing on a star

14 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Did you post that cabin number correctly?

14433 should be the next-to-the-last - aft section of the sphere, starboard.

It is a Deluxe Balcony, and not a category Premium Deluxe balcony,  so I would very much doubt that it would have loungers, even if there was room to squeeze them in..  just going by category.

We have a similar Deluxe Balcony booked...  and I would be very very surprised to learn that it might have loungers.

Here is a video with a good close shot of the aft of the sphere,  from just outside the ship..  you might be able to locate your cabin there....

The link to this video has also been posted here on Cruise Critic this morning.

Look at about 1:50 min.  mark.

Thanks so much. Yes it’s a deluxe balcony aft starboard. I guess I was thinking it was the beginning of the sphere if you are walking forward. But either way it is exactly where you stated.  I didn’t realize Princess only allows loungers depending on level of room. This is our first time with princess we usually sail celebrity who allows them depending on the balcony size. 

36 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Thanks so much. Yes it’s a deluxe balcony aft starboard. I guess I was thinking it was the beginning of the sphere if you are walking forward. But either way it is exactly where you stated.  I didn’t realize Princess only allows loungers depending on level of room. This is our first time with princess we usually sail celebrity who allows them depending on the balcony size. 

It seems to me, Princess does similar, providing when there is an extended balcony.  Of course those longer balconies on the Sun have a higher/premium rating.  I don't see them installing two loungers and chairs on a Mini with a small balcony just because it's a Mini.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It seems to me, Princess does similar, providing when there is an extended balcony.  Of course those longer balconies on the Sun have a higher/premium rating.  I don't see them installing two loungers and chairs on a Mini with a small balcony just because it's a Mini.

That’s good to know. Obviously since the Sun just started sailing there is no way to know the size of the balcony. It will be a surprise!!!!

13 minutes ago, cbfb said:

That’s good to know. Obviously since the Sun just started sailing there is no way to know the size of the balcony. It will be a surprise!!!!

If you have seen the many photos and videos on the original (now locked) Sun thread or in the Live From by CanadianBurger, you can get a good sense of the balcony size.  It does seem PCL has learned a lesson from the postage-stamp size on Royal Class and improved the space for regular balcony even if a little.

• Like 3

The balconies on the inset sections are def. larger!!!

But, then you are so far back from the sea.

The balconies on the bump-out sections still look pretty small???

Of course, in particular here, we are talking about the balconies on the sphere, which vary quite a bit.

Any actual photos or comments regarding Sun Princess Cabin # 09361  Category C2 - Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suite would be much appreciated.  I can not grasp how one accesses the Cabana deck and how one accesses the Reserve Collection amenities from this location.  Thanks in advance. 

12 minutes ago, emeraldcoastmike said:

Any actual photos or comments regarding Sun Princess Cabin # 09361  Category C2 - Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suite would be much appreciated.  I can not grasp how one accesses the Cabana deck and how one accesses the Reserve Collection amenities from this location.  Thanks in advance. 

There's a Live From thread from someone in a C2 on the second cruise - access to the Cabana deck looks to be controlled via your Medallion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks as though all balconies are partially covered by the deck above..  I want to make sure a standard min-suite is not fully open to the world as you might find on Deck 9 (Dolphin) of the Grand Class ships.. Am I correct?

20 hours ago, emeraldcoastmike said:

If you look at the deck plans, there are doors on either side of the cabana decks between the C1  C2 cabana state rooms - you will enter through those doorways with your medallion. According to the Live From thread previously mentioned, you will have access to either side of the Reserve cabana decks (Port and Starboard).  

A couple of quick room tour videos from the second cruise:

Cabana Mini Suite 12419 in the Sphere

Accessible Mini Suite 12449

• Thanks 6

For those that haven’t gone through my Live From, I posted a video walkthrough of  our Reserve Minisuite on Deck 14, aft of the Sphere. On the deck plan, it says “sofa by entrance” but obviously that’s not the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have there been any photos/videos yet of a Cove Balcony on the Sun? 

I’ve never had a balcony before (sailing end of May) and am wondering if it’s worth bidding to upgrade. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mofurd said:

Have there been any photos/videos yet of a Cove Balcony on the Sun? 

I’ve never had a balcony before (sailing end of May) and am wondering if it’s worth bidding to upgrade. 

I had seen @dides 's post #44 with a couple of photos of a Cove Balcony, but apparently Sarah G, who was credited with posting them, must have removed them as the links are now broken.  I'm finding it really difficult to get any information about the Cove Balconies on the Sun - even Princess' website doesn't have much in the way of specifics.  Follow this thread and hopefully more details will be made available before you have to make your decision!

Edited to add that @PacnGoNow uploaded a letter in post #51 posted by another guest in a Cove Balcony - it made more sense when looking at those photos that have now been removed.

Edited by kamelia

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I had seen @dides 's post #44 with a couple of photos of a Cove Balcony, but apparently Sarah G, who was credited with posting them, must have removed them as the links are now broken.  I'm finding it really difficult to get any information about the Cove Balconies on the Sun - even Princess' website doesn't have much in the way of specifics.  Follow this thread and hopefully more details will be made available before you have to make your decision!

No idea why the links were reset If you want to see them again, check the second link in my signature.

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dides said:

No idea why the links were reset If you want to see them again, check the second link in my signature.

Thank you so very much! 😊

Posted (edited)

Just a small note...  about the cabins on the Sphere.

One might imagine that the sphere is the same both forward and aft.

Like mirror image, when it comes to how it is lined up with cabins.

But, looking at the deck plans, the sphere is not exactly equal in how the cabins line up.

We are looking at the first cabin on the sphere..  and I notice on the photos (which all seem to be from the AFT!!!) that the curve of the sphere might make that balcony slightly larger than the first balcony on the front of the sphere.  The curved sphere glass seems to overlap a foot or two over onto the adjoining straight balcony, when one looks at deck 11.  

Edited by Wishing on a star

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Just a small note...  about the cabins on the Sphere.

One might imagine that the sphere is the same both forward and aft.

Like mirror image, when it comes to how it is lined up with cabins.

But, looking at the deck plans, the sphere is not exactly equal in how the cabins line up.

We are looking at the first cabin on the sphere..  and I notice on the photos (which all seem to be from the AFT!!!) that the curve of the sphere might make that balcony slightly larger than the first balcony on the front of the sphere.  The curved sphere glass seems to overlap a foot or two over onto the adjoining straight balcony, when one looks at deck 11.  

Hard to say, but I’m thinking any difference in balcony size based on this variation will be a matter of inches rather than feet. Unless it means the difference between fitting a lounger or not.