Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

19 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

From the pictures I’ve seen of surrounding cabins, all Deck 9 balconies are open on top and visible from the balconies directly above on Deck 10. 

Agreed,  @Cruz4Sun your Deck 9 cabana balcony will be completely overlooked as per the lowest deck in this picture. (Credit: Marie F S)

1000009221.jpg?w=577

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

His videos always show way too much of him talking and not enough of what he is there to film.  Most YouTubers can give commentary while filming but he seems to need a lot of face time. 

4 minutes ago, Mary Kelly said:

I agree. I can’t and don’t even watch his videos. It’s all about him and not about what he is talking about. 

He might not be the best but he's far superior to Don or Tony.

They can't even be bothered to show much video at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dides said:

And calling a balcony an Oceanview is just mixing up the categories. They are new to Princess.

Ok this I think I figured out…..he says “ocean view balcony” as opposed to a balcony facing the cabana deck. Probably taking the term from RC Oasis class ships, which is how they distinguish between outside balconies facing the ocean as opposed to inner balconies facing Central Park or Boardwalk. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 555 said:

He might not be the best but he's far superior to Don or Tony.

They can't even be bothered to show much video at all. 

Thanks for the warning, I haven’t seen their videos. There was one posted on crusideckplans that didn’t even show the bathroom or balcony, spent may too much time with the hair dryer and threw in a lot of promo crap. 

• Haha 1

I dont think any of them are bad, they are just different. Some show videos, others just talk their opinions. I  like opinions and then watch tour videos. But he was off about the reserve vs non reserve

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

His videos always show way too much of him talking and not enough of what he is there to film.  Most YouTubers can give commentary while filming but he seems to need a lot of face time. 

Glad I didn't bother to open it before landing on your two posts.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chamima said:

And just in general - if you can walk out to the Cabana deck from your balcony, what stops people from accessing your cabin from that same exit/entrance?

7 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

RIght. Just wonder if there is a locking mechanism for either the main slider of the door from cabana to "balcony"

There has always been a lock on the balcony slider but it locks from the INSIDE.

So if you open it to walk out there would be no way to lock it - at least on all previous ships.

The only thing that would work is something attached to the Medallion like the door from the hall into the cabin - but no one has mentioned having that.

• Like 1

Hey all. 

We’ve booked cabin 17629 for a Novembre sailing. All that’s the left for the sailing we want. Wondering about potential noise from above.

It is located right under the Sanctuary, more specifically under the cabanas you can rent.

Does anyone who has sailed on Sun Princess so far got any experience with these suites on deck 17? Noisy?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts.

Posted (edited)

JJCruise spreading misinformation about the Reserve Cabana Mini’s.  He claims ALL cabana mini’s have access to the cabana deck.  No wonder people are confused when YouTubers are getting it wrong.  Just to clarify, only C1 and C2 RC cabana mini suites on DECK 9 have access to the cabana deck. A simple check of the deck plan confirms this - if only JJCruise did their homework! 

8E95B6C1-F89F-4EC3-B26A-2D32D66A24F1.png

B34B0944-9D3A-4519-AEE5-18E7106AF7C9.png

CE3E897A-9E41-486F-8767-B9214C0D514F.png

Edited by MTNest93
Added photos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @dides.  I was aware that the cabins on deck 10 above could look down into the cabana balconies below.  I was actually wondering if passengers in the sphere could see into all of the balcony, or if there was a white barrier right next to the cabana area blocking a small portion of the balcony from view.  I should have been more specific.  I don't know if I would also be lucky enough that someone staying in 9361 or 9358 could post photos of those cabins inside and out.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, steilkurve said:

Hey all. 

We’ve booked cabin 17629 for a Novembre sailing. All that’s the left for the sailing we want. Wondering about potential noise from above.

It is located right under the Sanctuary, more specifically under the cabanas you can rent.

Does anyone who has sailed on Sun Princess so far got any experience with these suites on deck 17? Noisy?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts.

(Virtually) No one is going to be going to the Cabanas at $500/day and hardly anyone is going to go to Sanctuary and pay $99/day to sit on the same loungers as on the open deck.  Perhaps a handful of suite folks baking in the sun is all I would think.  And I doubt that is much of an exaggeration.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

(Virtually) No one is going to be going to the Cabanas at $500/day and hardly anyone is going to go to Sanctuary and pay $99/day to sit on the same loungers as on the open deck.  Perhaps a handful of suite folks baking in the sun is all I would think.  And I doubt that is much of an exaggeration.

Thanks @Steelers36. Makes a lot of sense. Plus no kids in that section. Appreciate the response.

3 minutes ago, levonfan said:

I was wondering about access to the Cabana deck.  We have a cabana suite (category CB) on deck 10 booked first week of June.

The Princess website says the cabanas with access to the deck are on deck 9:

image.png.b65e22a8cbf543c887bf3a45f6b21b24.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, levonfan said:

I was wondering about access to the Cabana deck.  We have a cabana suite (category CB) on deck 10 booked first week of June.

Only category C1 and C2 cabana mini suites have access to the Cabana deck on deck 9.  

Guest Pops37
5 hours ago, Veinless said:

Anyone find pics of the DE class deluxe balcony rooms at the front? Haven’t had much luck!

What deck are you looking for? On deck 16 the DE is aft not forward. See Pic. Might you be looking for the DF? 2 on d.16 forward and 4 on d.9 forward .

Screenshot_2024-03-24-13-55-30-20_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-24-13-59-23-97_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

On 3/20/2024 at 8:53 PM, Cruz4Sun said:

Thanks @dides.  I was aware that the cabins on deck 10 above could look down into the cabana balconies below.  I was actually wondering if passengers in the sphere could see into all of the balcony, or if there was a white barrier right next to the cabana area blocking a small portion of the balcony from view.  I should have been more specific.  I don't know if I would also be lucky enough that someone staying in 9361 or 9358 could post photos of those cabins inside and out.

My folks will be in this cabin in a few weeks and I’ll be down the hall.  Will try to remember to post back here with info. 

1 hour ago, pcanevazzi said:

My folks will be in this cabin in a few weeks and I’ll be down the hall.  Will try to remember to post back here with info. 

That would be great!  Have a fun cruise with your folks!

1 hour ago, pcanevazzi said:

I’m curious as well. There’s a part of the balcony that wouldn’t fit a human let alone a wheelchair…and I mean any human, not just a cruise passenger shaped human like me lol.  That seems a waste of space as it could have gone to making the cabana wider. 

Hello. Got back from Sun Princess on Tuesday and had reserve mini suite on deck 12. Bed was near the door and sofa by the window. When in bed, you can't see the window at all, as the bed in set back and the wardrobe is between the bed and sofa.

There's a kettle and tea / coffee. Balcony is small and chairs are not what you'd want to sit on for any length of time...short back and hard.

Hope this helps.

Sun Princess Reserve Mini Suite.jpg

Sun P Mini suite balcoony deck 12.jpg

Sun P Reserve Mini suite.jpg

Sun P Reserve mini suite bathroom.jpg

Sun P mini suire bathroom.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5