Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Just a small note...  about the cabins on the Sphere.

One might imagine that the sphere is the same both forward and aft.

Like mirror image, when it comes to how it is lined up with cabins.

But, looking at the deck plans, the sphere is not exactly equal in how the cabins line up.

We are looking at the first cabin on the sphere..  and I notice on the photos (which all seem to be from the AFT!!!) that the curve of the sphere might make that balcony slightly larger than the first balcony on the front of the sphere.  The curved sphere glass seems to overlap a foot or two over onto the adjoining straight balcony, when one looks at deck 11.  

🤔  okay, I'm starting to think about rescinding my offer.

True!  not a huge difference.

I am wondering, and I don't think that there is any info or videos...

The difference between these as a category Deluxe or Premium might be whether the loungers can be included.

I would actually rather have a nice standard height table!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

True!  not a huge difference.

I am wondering, and I don't think that there is any info or videos...

The difference between these as a category Deluxe or Premium might be whether the loungers can be included.

I would actually rather have a nice standard height table!

Yes I’d love to see a return of standard height tables. And UBD’s that are actually on the balcony!

17 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Have I missed photos from an S9 Signature Suite?

If so, that makes two of us. Any information about S-Class cabins are hard to find. I hope someone in an S9 cabin will jump into, or any, Sun Princess thread.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, sptrout said:

If so, that makes two of us. Any information about S-Class cabins are hard to find. I hope someone in an S9 cabin will jump into, or any, Sun Princess thread.

@Fortunate 2 travel

S9 pictures below.

1000009240.jpg?w=1024

Credit: Dave R on FB 1000009236-1.jpg?w=461 Credit: Dave R on FB 1000009241-1.jpg?w=1024 Credit: Dave R on FB 1000009242-1.jpg?w=1024 Credit: Dave R on FB 1000009243-1.jpg?w=1024 Credit,: Dave R on FB 1000009244-1.jpg?w=768 Credit: Dave R on FB

Signature Suite Sofa converted to a bed. Credit:Suzy M

image-23.png?w=1024

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The edge balconies do have a nice portion of the balcony that is not shown and is behind the wall to the other cabin.

That portion has 2 chairs and a table and is private.

If you continue to where the 2 loungers are, then it is not private.

However, the balconies are very large.

We are trying to decide if to keep the large edge balcony with a bit of privacy or move back to a Sphere balcony that is very private, but long and narrow without much daylight.

Posted (edited)

Some pictures just posted of a Cabana Mini-Suite 11420 in the bulge of the Sphere on Deck 11 (credit Laura L.)

balconyspheredeck11-2.thumb.jpg.c97bbcdc64f41c20817df0ded80ee0bf.jpg

balconyspheredeck11-3.thumb.jpg.32c76154df1af318f6bb73ff4b13d479.jpg

balconyspheredeck11-1.thumb.jpg.9a42c7658bc5daafc968f8c5cf1aa4c4.jpg

balconyspheredeck11.thumb.jpg.339831dd210b3a0f37906dc8964b2962.jpg

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 11:37 AM, sptrout said:

Thank you "dides" for posting your pictures. Looks very nice!

Dides has brought these cabin photos over from passengers posting on Facebook on the SUN , during the first two cruises.

Sorry that dides & others had their first cruises cancelled.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainKirk said:

The edge balconies do have a nice portion of the balcony that is not shown and is behind the wall to the other cabin.

That portion has 2 chairs and a table and is private.

If you continue to where the 2 loungers are, then it is not private.

However, the balconies are very large.

We are trying to decide if to keep the large edge balcony with a bit of privacy or move back to a Sphere balcony that is very private, but long and narrow without much daylight.

Which ones are the edge balconies?

I have booked 14409 on the sphere (D1)for next March. The balcony seems extra long - and possibly claustrophobic.. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I believe it has 2 chairs AND 2 lounger. Looking for info on whether I should keep it or move elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smithmlmx said:

I have booked 14409 on the sphere (D1)for next March. The balcony seems extra long - and possibly claustrophobic.. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I believe it has 2 chairs AND 2 lounger. Looking for info on whether I should keep it or move elsewhere.

@smithmlmx

We have been wondering the same.

We had a Sphere d1 beside a cabana mini suite on deck 12.

Some photos make them seem long, narrow and not having much sunlight.

Other photos seem ok.

To get a perspective, add the length of the cabana room and the balcony from the photos above and that is what the cabin balcony are going to be like.

We moved to an edge balcony as shown in the video above with an extra long balcony and plenty of sunlight, but with not as much privacy.

We are not sure of the best choice.

Plenty of sunlight or privacy.

Thanks.

Since no one has posted this information yet, I'll go ahead and dive in.  Those who have followed the many Sun Princess forums are aware of the various conversations about the D0 (Premium Deluxe Balcony staterooms in AFT) regarding Signature Benefits.  When clicking on the Princess deck plans for the Sun Princess and the Star Princess on the Princess website, as well as the "Confirm Your Selection" page in the Princess app, a message would pop up for the D0 staterooms:  "Enjoy Signature upgrades and benefits."  However, the booking confirmations/travel summaries for the D0 did not mention Signature upgrades and benefits. This caused confusion with folks asking if D0 has Signature benefits or not. That statement has now been removed from both the Sun Princess and Star Princess deck plans on the Princess website.  Cruisedeckplans has also corrected its deck plans.  The only question remaining:  some D0 stateroom folks have dining reservations titled "Signature Restaurant" plus one complimentary specialty dinner; what will happen? Maybe that will eventually go away as well, or maybe that will stay as a "sorry for the glitch."  Or when a D0 passenger shows up at the Signature Restaurant, they get guided to the Horizon! Time will tell!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, valdean said:

Since no one has posted this information yet, I'll go ahead and dive in.  Those who have followed the many Sun Princess forums are aware of the various conversations about the D0 (Premium Deluxe Balcony staterooms in AFT) regarding Signature Benefits.  When clicking on the Princess deck plans for the Sun Princess and the Star Princess on the Princess website, as well as the "Confirm Your Selection" page in the Princess app, a message would pop up for the D0 staterooms:  "Enjoy Signature upgrades and benefits."  However, the booking confirmations/travel summaries for the D0 did not mention Signature upgrades and benefits. This caused confusion with folks asking if D0 has Signature benefits or not. That statement has now been removed from both the Sun Princess and Star Princess deck plans on the Princess website.  Cruisedeckplans has also corrected its deck plans.  The only question remaining:  some D0 stateroom folks have dining reservations titled "Signature Restaurant" plus one complimentary specialty dinner; what will happen? Maybe that will eventually go away as well, or maybe that will stay as a "sorry for the glitch."  Or when a D0 passenger shows up at the Signature Restaurant, they get guided to the Horizon! Time will tell!

Timely post.

princess has emailed me and called me 4 times in the last 2 days about this. There is a separate thread for this category I posted on.

After months advertising D0-aft includes benefits-, and with emails from me the Princess website has been corrected. It does not include ANY benefits or upgrades. The reason the fare is higher in some cases from other D categories is the larger balcony, I was told.

And Princess apologies to me that I was misinformed by Future Cruise staff on the Regal in February.

So, they are not going to honour any Signature features for the false advertising conditions some of us booked under.

Last cruise, cruisedoctor spoke to someone on the SUN and that post is in the original SUN thread nasa started.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, dog said:

Timely post.

princess has emailed me and called me 4 times in the last 2 days about this. There is a separate thread for this category I posted on.

After months advertising D0-aft includes benefits-, and with emails from me the Princess website has been corrected. It does not include ANY benefits or upgrades. The reason the fare is higher in some cases from other D categories is the larger balcony, I was told.

And Princess apologies to me that I was misinformed by Future Cruise staff on the Regal in February.

So, they are not going to honour any Signature features for the false advertising conditions some of us booked under.

Last cruise, cruisedoctor spoke to someone on the SUN and that post is in the original SUN thread nasa started.

@dog  You made me look to try and find the post. I believe it is on page 158 and is post #3937. 

Would you please post the link for the Signature thread. Thanks.

Edited by nasa1974
  • Like 1

Thanks, DOG and NASA1974.  I did not realize there was a separate thread for the D0.  It's been a little crazy keeping up!  Fortunately, I asked my Princess agent when booking in January.  His boss said no benefits.  I booked anyway for the nice balcony (I think I can sit privately by the divider and still have a lovely view and keep out of the direct wind) and because there was a stateroom available next to mine for my brother. So I'm hoping for a nice little family corner!  But how unfair if folks booked believing there were Signature benefits and even now may not be aware that there are no Signature benefits if they do not read the forums - they will have an unexpected surprise when onboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

@dog  You made me look to try and find the post. I believe it is on page 158 and is post #3937. 

Would you please post the link for the Signature thread. Thanks.

The thread is called; premium Deluxe balconies.

cannot post links.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, valdean said:

Thanks, DOG and NASA1974.  I did not realize there was a separate thread for the D0.  It's been a little crazy keeping up!  Fortunately, I asked my Princess agent when booking in January.  His boss said no benefits.  I booked anyway for the nice balcony (I think I can sit privately by the divider and still have a lovely view and keep out of the direct wind) and because there was a stateroom available next to mine for my brother. So I'm hoping for a nice little family corner!  But how unfair if folks booked believing there were Signature benefits and even now may not be aware that there are no Signature benefits if they do not read the forums - they will have an unexpected surprise when onboard. 

Perhaps Princess is planning to contact all those booked in a D0 - won't be too many since number of cabins x number of voyages won't be all that many.  This would be smart of them to try and nip the issue in the bud and not have it on-going.   You'd think they might offer a SD credit or some OBC for the screw-up.  But that seems a pittance especially for the folks that wondered if it could be true and specifically inquired of Princess about it.