Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 3:35 AM, Shone216 said:

I think you’re correct there might’ve been some pics, would be good to get some feedback as to how guests are finding the suites and cabana deck area

We're also booked on a Cabana Mini Reserve on 9 for Oct. 

We've been watching just about every vid we can on You Tube, here, and FB. There is one on FB which is pretty good of room #9244.

There's that anteroom which has glass doors that can be open or closed - when open it's open to the common deck. But there's no place to just openly watch the sea go by while enjoying your AM coffee or PM champagne. The edge is a high glass partition so the best you can do is look through the glass. There's also the prospect of your neighboring guests drifting by your cabana - so basically, no balcony like we're used to on conventional minis. 

Pretty odd design, imo.

Edited by loge23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps Princess is planning to contact all those booked in a D0 - won't be too many since number of cabins x number of voyages won't be all that many.  This would be smart of them to try and nip the issue in the bud and not have it on-going.   You'd think they might offer a SD credit or some OBC for the screw-up.  But that seems a pittance especially for the folks that wondered if it could be true and specifically inquired of Princess about it.

I am not expecting anything. I sent email to customer relations and they had the self appointed CVP contact me. Sent her the screenshots I. Posted on here and she cannot see the signature benefits on my screenshots.

Pure run around.

Basically the D0 aft cabins do have a larger balcony and 2 lounge chairs at this point.  All were booked on every cruise I searched.

the wind has been mentioned as a minor issue otherwise, I like them.

problem is getting an unwanted upgrade that we wouldn’t want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dog said:

I am not expecting anything. I sent email to customer relations and they had the self appointed CVP contact me. Sent her the screenshots I. Posted on here and she cannot see the signature benefits on my screenshots.

Pure run around.

Basically the D0 aft cabins do have a larger balcony and 2 lounge chairs at this point.  All were booked on every cruise I searched.

I get you, but there are always those who expect something and may or may not be deserving.  You have been diligent in dealing with Princess to get the anomaly rectified.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 555 said:

Didn't someone post a picture of the O'Malley's menu the other day??

I can't seem to locate it.

It's in the main Sun Princess thread, this is the staterooms thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

Pure run around.

As a FYI.

The D1 cabins across from them (without the wind) and the D2 cabins above them are the same size cabins and balconies.

Basically pay more because of the location near the Signature suites.

Orginally those cabins were D2 as there were not in the center of the ship.

But then someone at Princess must have thought that because they are near the Signature suites, let’s charge more for them.

• Haha 2

On 3/4/2024 at 11:24 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

As the Sun Princess is the first of the Sphere class ships for Princess, here is a thread for everyone to discuss cabins/staterooms and categories as there are new ones we have not seen before.  

I'm sure everyone would love to hear feedback  and advice from those who have sailed on her as well as videos or pictures of the various staterooms that you have sailed in.

Please, NO links or videos from Travel Agents from their sites, their you tube channels or their Facebook pages.  

I have read that the Sun Princess only  has delux balconies  so why am I paying more for one than I would pay for a balcony that is also listed, are they the same cabin except for the cost ?

59 minutes ago, CaptainKirk said:

As a FYI.

The D1 cabins across from them (without the wind) and the D2 cabins above them are the same size cabins and balconies.

Basically pay more because of the location near the Signature suites.

Orginally those cabins were D2 as there were not in the center of the ship.

But then someone at Princess must have thought that because they are near the Signature suites, let’s charge more for them.

On other ships the aft cabins were usually a bit cheaper then those midship

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

It's in the main Sun Princess thread, this is the staterooms thread.

That's the one.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, loge23 said:

We're also booked on a Cabana Mini Reserve on 9 for Oct. 

We've been watching just about every vid we can on You Tube, here, and FB. There is one on FB which is pretty good of room #9244.

There's that anteroom which has glass doors that can be open or closed - when open it's open to the common deck. But there's no place to just openly watch the sea go by while enjoying your AM coffee or PM champagne. The edge is a high glass partition so the best you can do is look through the glass. There's also the prospect of your neighboring guests drifting by your cabana - so basically, no balcony like we're used to on conventional minis. 

Pretty odd design, imo.

If you’re in one of those you can open your gate, take a few steps forward to a comfy seat and sit and watch the ocean and sun?

I feel like I’d like those cabins. I’d get my nice cabin. A big indoor / outdoor area of my own. A sun lounge outside that I didn’t have to get up at 6am to “reserve”. And a relatively private larger deck area to relax with drinks. 

16 hours ago, TrixieBel said:

If you’re in one of those you can open your gate, take a few steps forward to a comfy seat and sit and watch the ocean and sun?

I feel like I’d like those cabins. I’d get my nice cabin. A big indoor / outdoor area of my own. A sun lounge outside that I didn’t have to get up at 6am to “reserve”. And a relatively private larger deck area to relax with drinks. 

But if you can "open your gateand take a few steps forward........" - can't anyone on the Cabana deck also open your gate and go onto your balcony and/or into your cabin? 😨

• Thanks 2

There are def. videos from other ships like this where others were parked there, literally almost leaning back their loungers on the front of the balcony.  You still might want to make sure that the loungers right outside your balcony are 'hogged'.

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 9:00 AM, WonderMan3 said:

Sky Suite video. (Doesn't show the balcony)  From Debbie I.

Thank you for posting this! We are staying in a Sky Suite on the Sun in June and I’ve been hunting for videos. I knew they would be few and far between. Ours is not an accessible suite just fyi. Is this video from IG? I’d love to check out her page in case she shows the balcony. Thx! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

On another thread, someone new to PCL was asking about clothes line (i.e. the retractable ones in the shower stalls).  Anyone know if Princess has installed those in the Sun cabins?

I’ve seen them on a couple of the videos I’ve watched for the Sun Princess cabins but don’t remember which videos and whether they were on CC or YT. But the bottom line is yes they have them on the Sun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whitcruising said:

Thank you for posting this! We are staying in a Sky Suite on the Sun in June and I’ve been hunting for videos. I knew they would be few and far between. Ours is not an accessible suite just fyi. Is this video from IG? I’d love to check out her page in case she shows the balcony. Thx! 

It was FB. Grabbed this of the Sky Suite balcony (had to do an edit to remove her standing at the rail)

sky-suite-5.jpg?w=2000&h=

And the balcony is shown at the end of this reel being promoted by a videographer.   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dides said:

It was FB. Grabbed this of the Sky Suite balcony (had to do an edit to remove her standing at the rail)

And the balcony is shown at the end of this reel being promoted by a videographer.   

Too small for lounges and the chairs don't recline!  In my opinion that makes the ability to get a lounge on the Signature Sun Deck whenever you want one even more important.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dides said:

Thank you!

Does anyone have information or pics on the "DF" Deluxe Balcony cabins?  There appear to be only a small number of them on decks 9 and 16. 

Also, I bought my cruise months ago at a time when you weren't able to choose a specific cabin.  My reservation simply says "to be assigned," though it is also a "Guaranteed" reservation.  (I understand there are also a "waitlist" reservation?)  My cruise departs May 18. A princess rep told me I'll find out my assignment 30-60 days before sailing.  I don't understand the delay.   

Thanks for any insights! 

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You should apply for a job at Spellbound.

lol. Trying not to follow the lead of our Princess of Wales who just got into a heap of trouble for editing pics!

• Haha 3

On 3/15/2024 at 2:15 PM, 2 old to drive said:

I have read that the Sun Princess only  has delux balconies  so why am I paying more for one than I would pay for a balcony that is also listed, are they the same cabin except for the cost ?

All of the cabins on the Sun have a couch. That is why they are deemed deluxe.

On royal class ships you only get a loveseat in deluxe balcony and above categories.