Move up- Greyed out pending

RmwG78

We sail in 10 days and this morning all bids on SS (HIGH) , AQS (Good) and CS(weak) were greyed out expired and can't be modified. Our remaining bid on RS is now showing greyed out and pending (can't modify)...chances of being awarded the RS..???

Could someone show me a picture of what you mean by greyed. Mine still shows pending and I can still modify my bid . I am 19days out from my cruise.

10 minutes ago, Wonder18 said:

Could someone show me a picture of what you mean by greyed. Mine still shows pending and I can still modify my bid . I am 19days out from my cruise.

Don’t have a picture, but when it is greyed out you can not modify of cancel your bid.  If you can still modify then your bid is still pending. 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:12 AM, villauk said:

Possibly good. I’m on the same sailing, not entered a bid as of yet, and we, as of this morning, now have additional suites to bid on.

It will look like the below when you click the button in the move email - until Tuesday I was able to modify and cancel the bid. Now three are showing expired and the top one is greyed out pending and I can't modify or change 

IMG_5567.jpeg

On 3/5/2024 at 8:48 AM, RmwG78 said:

We sail in 10 days and this morning all bids on SS (HIGH) , AQS (Good) and CS(weak) were greyed out expired and can't be modified. Our remaining bid on RS is now showing greyed out and pending (can't modify)...chances of being awarded the RS..???

Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

Is there a good thread that goes into the in's and out's of bidding for upgrades? I travel solo, and am interested in maybe bidding on upgrades, but other than what I can glean from the interface the whole process seems kind of opaque to me. (Which I'm sure is good for the business, but maybe not so good for me as a bidder!)

3 minutes ago, Club Eleven said:

Is there a good thread that goes into the in's and out's of bidding for upgrades? I travel solo, and am interested in maybe bidding on upgrades, but other than what I can glean from the interface the whole process seems kind of opaque to me. (Which I'm sure is good for the business, but maybe not so good for me as a bidder!)

Not really.  We look at what is offered and bid an amount we would be willing to pay understanding that we might like the location of the upgraded cabin.  Thus we usually bid near the minimum if happy with what we booked and more $$ if we booked a less desirable cabin (to us) to get on the ship.

What is opaque is how bids are awarded.  Nobody really knows and you don't know if there are any cabins available in every class.   Late cancelations open up cabins.  You never know what will be accepted.  We had a $40 bid accepted for veranda to Aqua.  And $60 to a Sky Suite.  Also a $750 bid turned down to Aqua.

Outside or Inside to Concierge usually cheap.  Again you never know.  Depends on if ship is booked and late cancelations. 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Not really.  We look at what is offered and bid an amount we would be willing to pay understanding that we might like the location of the upgraded cabin.  Thus we usually bid near the minimum if happy with what we booked and more $$ if we booked a less desirable cabin (to us) to get on the ship.

What is opaque is how bids are awarded.  Nobody really knows and you don't know if there are any cabins available in every class.   Late cancelations open up cabins.  You never know what will be accepted.  We had a $40 bid accepted for veranda to Aqua.  And $60 to a Sky Suite.  Also a $750 bid turned down to Aqua.

Outside or Inside to Concierge usually cheap.  Again you never know.  Depends on if ship is booked and late cancelations. 

I guess the one real question I had was about the bid "per person". I'm travelling solo, and booked as such in my existing cabin. I'm not sure whether the bid "per person" would be multiplied by 2 and charged that way if I win, or if the bid I am submitting really is just that amount, for me, and maybe I need to bid higher on the assumption that I am bidding against groups of 2 travelling together

Edited by Club Eleven

57 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Those numbers, $40, $60, are those per person per day?  I'd be curious how people bid from whatever cabin they are in, to a Royal Suite.  We did a move up bid on Beyond and went from Aqua to Accessible Sky Suite.

12 minutes ago, Club Eleven said:

I guess the one real question I had was about the bid "per person". I'm travelling solo, and booked as such in my existing cabin. I'm not sure whether the bid "per person" would be multiplied by 2 and charged that way if I win, or if the bid I am submitting really is just that amount, for me, and maybe I need to bid higher on the assumption that I am bidding against groups of 2 travelling together

Yes it is multiplied by 2 for solo - so if you bid $200 per person as a solo cruiser, you would pay $400 if your bid is successful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BytownMatt said:

Yes it is multiplied by 2 for solo - so if you bid $200 per person as a solo cruiser, you would pay $400 if your bid is successful.

Groovy - thanks so much!

On 3/7/2024 at 12:57 PM, BytownMatt said:

Yup. Which is why as a solo I book what I'm happy with. Not playing bidding games!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 2:48 AM, RmwG78 said:

@RmwG78 did you get your move-up to the RS?

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2024 at 2:45 PM, JandR1 said:

@RmwG78 did you get your move-up to the RS?

I would also like to know if they got the RS. I had 4 bids in for our upcoming cruise next month. I went in to modify the price and 3 were expired and one shows pending and can’t be modified. Have no idea what this means

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I would also like to know if they got the RS. I had 4 bids in for our upcoming cruise next month. I went in to modify the price and 3 were expired and one shows pending and can’t be modified. Have no idea what this means

From what others have said on this forum, that is sometimes a sign that your pending bid was successful but I have seen it work both ways for me. Twice last year one of my bids was greyed out as pending for an extended period before being switched to "not upgraded". Hope it works out for you.

2 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

From what others have said on this forum, that is sometimes a sign that your pending bid was successful but I have seen it work both ways for me. Twice last year one of my bids was greyed out as pending for an extended period before being switched to "not upgraded". Hope it works out for you.

Thank you. Good to know. One of the expired bids was almost a full bid, so will be very frustrating if the pending one gets denied.  Appreciate your comment 

Well…..bid was accepted, but we lost it because my cc had been compromised so the payment didn’t go through. So frustrating. I did give them another payment, but not sure it will help 😢

Pretty sure that I have read about previous situations like this where the person contacted Celebrity and got the payment sorted out. I would call and explain the situation (if you haven't done so already).

22 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

Pretty sure that I have read about previous situations like this where the person contacted Celebrity and got the payment sorted out. I would call and explain the situation (if you haven't done so already).

Not sure who to call. I did call who I think was Retreat. They said that it should be ok, but that didn’t give me much confidence. There were 6 cabins available and 1 left. I’m not sure they would give that one up if someone might want to purchase a late cruise. Who knows. Just such a bummer that this happened.