Unlimited open bar package

When you say “unlimited” do you mean Free At Sea Plus? If so, the only thing that wasn’t covered for us was the ridiculous cognac that was like a hundred bucks or whatever. Everything else like high end Scotch, Starbucks, etc was included.

Because the standard Free At Sea is “limited” to drinks under $15, no Starbucks, etc

7 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

When you say “unlimited” do you mean Free At Sea Plus?

NCL has used many names over the years for the basic package. UBP, UOB, PBP are basically the same. The PPBP is the higher level one that covers higher level/more expensive drinks. 

Hi, we’re new to NCL.  It seems like almost everyone will have drinks included based on the deals offered. Does this make it difficult?  I’m imagining a huge crowd at every bar on the ship. 

I’m NOT referring to low season. Please don’t tell me how easy it is with half occupancy.  Think spring or early summer with a full ship. What’s it like?

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

When you say “unlimited” do you mean Free At Sea Plus? If so, the only thing that wasn’t covered for us was the ridiculous cognac that was like a hundred bucks or whatever. Everything else like high end Scotch, Starbucks, etc was included.

Because the standard Free At Sea is “limited” to drinks under $15, no Starbucks, etc

it's unlimited in the sense that you can have as many drinks as you want.  

2 hours ago, CM Cruise said:

Hi, we’re new to NCL.  It seems like almost everyone will have drinks included based on the deals offered. Does this make it difficult?  I’m imagining a huge crowd at every bar on the ship. 

Not difficult at all. Our cruises have been running 110%+ capacity (we cruise a half dozen times a year). If one bar is busy, there is another with no lines in 1 minutes walk down the hall. 

NCL's open bar promotions have been around for years. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

No problem getting drinks, waits are nil, short, or comparable to any moderately busy bar on shore at worst.

I’m currently on Sky 14 day Caribbean at full capacity. Even as people return from shore, short waits at most

We haven’t experienced any shortages in hard liquor. They were out if a few wines the first couple days but were resupplied at (as I think was mentioned by staff) our 3rd port call in Aruba 

Edited by ColdCruise
  • Like 1

For a child on the reservation, do they automatically get the soda package since they are not old enough for alcohol? And if so what all is included for them? Soda and juice? What about a virgin drink I suppose we could order that for them but if they are on their own.

thanks.

59 minutes ago, BeachBum92 said:

For a child on the reservation, do they automatically get the soda package since they are not old enough for alcohol? And if so what all is included for them? Soda and juice? What about a virgin drink I suppose we could order that for them but if they are on their own.

thanks.

With the FAS promo, if the minor is guest #2, the minor will get the soda package and only be charged the 20% on that package ($1.99 per day). 

If the minor is guest #3-whatever, the minor does not get the soda package. 

"If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Unlimited Open Bar Package does not apply, and soda package will not be given as a substitution." - T&C

1 hour ago, BeachBum92 said:

And if so what all is included for them?

Unlimited Soda Package

$9.95 USDper person per day

Beverage Package

ITEM #: UBPTAS

Enjoy endless fountain soda throughout your cruise. Includes Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Fanta and Soda Water. Soda packages available for adults and children 3 years old and up.

A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added at checkout. Not available for sailings of 2 days or less.

1 hour ago, BeachBum92 said:

What about a virgin drink I suppose we could order that for them but if they are on their own

You shouldn't use your package for someone else. Yes, the bartender probably won't mind making a virgin drink for your child (whether the child has a soda package or not) but technically, the child should only get what their package covers or what will be paid for. 

On 3/9/2024 at 11:44 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

NCL has used many names over the years for the basic package. UBP, UOB, PBP are basically the same. The PPBP is the higher level one that covers higher level/more expensive drinks. 

Our girls have the standard pkg - we have paid extra for expresso martinis and wine. DH and I  have FAS+ for wine and water and Starbucks and 40% off wine expenses and extra speciality dining and unlimited WiFi- we are on the Bliss now- working hard to get our monies worth!! 

• Like 2

we have the regular free at sea drink package. every time we've ever sat down in  a restaurant, cagney's, moderno, le bistro, o'sheehans's and even the MDR's ,1st thing we are asked is would we like a drink. simple as that. if we're in the buffet, just call over one of the helpers and let him know you would like a drink (jncludes soft drinks, wine or hard liquor) never a problem either, and when he/she brings it, a buck or 2 wouldnt/couldnt hurt.

at any of the outside bars, never more than a few minutes to get bartenders attention. a couple of bucks to him doesnt hurt either. Please dont bother to respond "well we're paying the dsc, or i've already been billed for the gratuities under the drink package) you are seeing these people face to face, and they are performing a personal service, especially the guys at the sugarcane.

so a few extra bucks cant possible hurt you.  if you're adamant about tipping extra to these people, i feel sorry for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, complawyer said:

…so a few extra bucks cant possible hurt you.  if you're adamant about tipping extra to these people, i feel sorry for you

So, how much should I tip on top of the tip that I’m already tipping them? My Beverage Service Charge is already at $545 for a solo traveler. That’s almost $22 per day in tips just for the Beverage Service Charge. Maybe tip another couple of hundred dollars? Give me a ballpark figure. 

And is this extra tipping (not the $545 I’m already tipping with the Beverage Service Charge) another tip for them simply doing their job or is this a tip for exceptional and outstanding service

Asking for a friend. 

😎

IMG_8249.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

And is this extra tipping (not the $545 I’m already tipping with the Beverage Service Charge) another tip for them simply doing their job or is this a tip for exceptional and outstanding service

We've found that a small, maybe $1 per drink, ensures expedited service with a much shorter wait time for drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

So, how much should I tip on top of the tip that I’m already tipping them? My Beverage Service Charge is already at $545 for a solo traveler. That’s almost $22 per day in tips just for the Beverage Service Charge. Maybe tip another couple of hundred dollars? Give me a ballpark figure. 

Asking for a friend. 

😎

IMG_8249.jpeg

I’m not super confident that the “service charge” 100% goes to the staff as gratuities. Even by definition, “service” can include their base salaries, can include the price of cups and glasses, etc. 

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

if we're in the buffet, just call over one of the helpers and let him know you would like a drink (jncludes soft drinks, wine or hard liquor) never a problem either, and when he/she brings it, a buck or 2 wouldnt/couldnt hurt.

i certainly agree that a tip is appropriate in the buffet if somebody brings you a drink.

the buffets generally have a bar which accommodates walkup guests for cocktail, mocktail and soda orders. there is no separate service bar and, frankly, i have never seen a buffet attendant (can't really call them "servers" since they typically only pick up plates and clean tables) bring a guest a drink. nor have i seen a guest ask for one. guests typically get their own juices, water, coffee and tea. and go to the bar to order whatever else they desire.

i suppose the attendant would happily bring a drink, they are very customer-focused, and it makes sense for guests with mobility issues, but the primary role of the buffet attendants is to clear and clean tables and ensure condiments and napkin/silverware packets are replenished. i've never even thought to ask one to get a drink.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 9:12 AM, Benita said:

I like the aft cabins on deck 7- much deeper balconies as they are over the dining room. The most aft cabins wrap around, so you get  aft views as well as side views on a huge balcony- unfortunately, that makes them PH1, but when we can get them, we splurge.  Cabins 7130 or 7135.  If they are not available, we take one of the B3 cabins from 7108 or 7111 to -7131 or 7126. Balcony size trumps cabin size to us, but many prefer midship cabins. 

On 1/28/2024 at 12:55 PM, brer111 said:

denverbri69 they did one time years ago. I wonder if there is someone to ask?

On 1/28/2024 at 12:30 PM, brer111 said:

I love playing Maj Jongg and will make sure to bring my card with me

If you enjoy eating at the buffet, but want an elevated experience,  try giving the attendants at your favorite station a $2 bill. It covers a beer in the crew area. You will be surprised how your experience gets elevated quckly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, havoc315 said:

I’m not super confident that the “service charge” 100% goes to the staff as gratuities. Even by definition, “service” can include their base salaries, can include the price of cups and glasses, etc. 

This isn’t the Onboard Service Charge - for me it’s an additional $500 just for that, and that’s padding their salaries - this is the Beverage Service Charge. Specifically for beverages. And why am I paying for cups and glasses? That’s absurd. 

• Haha 1