Private Departure Lounge?

50 minutes ago, doghog said:

For us getting off the ship when scheduled to do so has absolutely nothing to do with being stressful or where we live or having to catch a flight or getting to the post cruise hotel. 

For me, I do not want to stand over an hour inside the ship waiting to get off then another hour in the terminal.  That is stress to me.  I leave my cabin a lot later, no long lines to get off, no stress and not have the crowd in the garage of everybody leaving.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, keesar said:

Some cruisers just don't show consideration to the hard working employees who have to get rooms ready for the next cruise.

No worries, we tip the cabin steward very nicely each day.  We must spend $700 or more extra on top of the gratuities that we pay.  They work hard and need the money.

13 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

10 am?  You are likely to hear your names being paged by then and you’ll be leaving in the “walk of shame” parade😀

We generally leave our cabin at 9:30 and off the ship by 10am.  We never heard our names called and if it were, nobody else besides my husband knows our name, we are complete strangers to everybody else.  Its not that we are famous people would turn around and know who we are.  Even so, I doubt that be any problem because I don't live my life on worrying what people think of me, that is the problem with society, most of society judges people and people worry what people think of them, me.....I do my thing and live my life the way I want.

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

If you wait until 9;30 p.m. security will definitely be involved !!!!!

Yes, hahahaha if I am still on the ship at 9:30pm as you mentioned above, I definitely will be in trouble. lol

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We generally leave our cabin at 9:30 and off the ship by 10am.  We never heard our names called and if it were, nobody else besides my husband knows our name, we are complete strangers to everybody else.  Its not that we are famous people would turn around and know who we are.  Even so, I doubt that be any problem because I don't live my life on worrying what people think of me, that is the problem with society, most of society judges people and people worry what people think of them, me.....I do my thing and live my life the way I want.

You've also sailed enough to be Elite yet have never heard of the embarkation lounge despite it being a benefit for years and years.  Sounds like you need to start paying attention more.  Your justifications for delayed debarkation are just excuses for being selfish and inconveniencing the workers and other passengers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We must spend $700 or more extra on top of the gratuities that we pay.  

3 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:...I do my thing and live my life the way I want.

Those statements speaks volumes.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

You've also sailed enough to be Elite yet have never heard of the embarkation lounge despite it being a benefit for years and years.  Sounds like you need to start paying attention more.  Your justifications for delayed debarkation are just excuses for being selfish and inconveniencing the workers and other passengers.

I didn't make myself clear, when I asked about a lounge I meant at the Ft. Lauderdale terminal. Call me selfish whatever you want (words do not hurt me) and if the cabin steward asked me to leave I would (it has happened on two cruises) we left when were asked.  Cabin stewards cannot clean all the cabins at the same time!!

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

For me, I do not want to stand over an hour inside the ship waiting to get off then another hour in the terminal.  That is stress to me.  I leave my cabin a lot later, no long lines to get off, no stress and not have the crowd in the garage of everybody leaving.

When we arrive for our cruise we are glad others are going to their assigned waiting area at their scheduled time so the staff can get the ship cleared for us that are anxiously waiting to board. When we do B2B cruises we are glad others that are leaving the ship are are going to their assigned waiting area at their scheduled time so the staff can get the ship cleared so we can complete our TAD process.  We've never stood waiting to get off the ship at our assigned area and time. We've never stood in the terminal when disembarking. Grab our luggage, grab a porter, thru customs and at curbside. The line is always moving. But if we did have any wait times that little inconvenience isn't any big deal to us as we know the next group are anxiously  waiting to board the ship as we were.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cruisegirl6 said:

I didn't make myself clear, when I asked about a lounge I meant at the Ft. Lauderdale terminal. Call me selfish whatever you want (words do not hurt me) and if the cabin steward asked me to leave I would (it has happened on two cruises) we left when were asked.  Cabin stewards cannot clean all the cabins at the same time!!

They have to strip all the cabins to start the changeover so you're delaying them from their turnaround job, which is already stressful enough.  The steward is going to tiptoe around guests because you could still give them a bad review.  Really unfair to put this on the steward when you're not following the rules that most everyone else does.  Adults shouldn't have to be asked to follow the procedures for leaving the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

They have to strip all the cabins to start the changeover so you're delaying them from their turnaround job, which is already stressful enough.  The steward is going to tiptoe around guests because you could still give them a bad review.  Really unfair to put this on the steward when you're not following the rules that most everyone else does.  Adults shouldn't have to be asked to follow the procedures for leaving the ship.

How early can you disembark celebrity cruise ship?

Celebrity - what time do you have to disembark by? Our ship hits port at 6AM. While it will vary slightly by ship, and disembarkation port, the vast majority of times, all guests are off the ship by 9:30/10 am.

14 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Some ports do have a separate lounge for EMBARKING passengers, specifically those booked in suites.  Most passengers will never have seen it.  But for captains Club Elite level? No.  

however, as has been explained there is a departure lounge for Elite and above passengers on DISEMBARKATION day.

the instruction sheet given out toward the end of the cruise will tell you where it is.  On S class ships, typically Tuscan Grill is used.  It’s also listed on the Captains Club paperwork you get in your stateroom 

80F3DC5E-B4B2-4A89-A227-7F8ACF57190B.jpeg

Thank you for this, your most kind.

3 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:
How early can you disembark celebrity cruise ship?

Celebrity - what time do you have to disembark by? Our ship hits port at 6AM. While it will vary slightly by ship, and disembarkation port, the vast majority of times, all guests are off the ship by 9:30/10 am.

But the instructions you receive on the ship always give you a time to be out of your room and in a designated area and it's never "stay in your room until 10am."  That's the whole reason there is an embarkation lounge for Elite level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I simply just stating my experiences leaving the ship later, it doesn't fit your liking so that makes me wrong in your book!  

Actually the disembarkation info says you need to be out of the room by a certain time so it's not peoples opinions its you ignoring the cruise ship policy.

Room stewards are probably not wanting to upset anyone in fear of a bad review instead they are getting lumped with more difficult work because you feel entitled to stay in your room as long as you feel because you are paying extra.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, miched said:

It may claim to be private but it is very crowded.    There is a coffee pot, and some pastries set up on a table.    If you think the buffet is a Petri dish stay away from that table.  It is  unsupervised and gets very nasty looking.  

Sometimes it will be held in a main dining room because there are so many that have that benefit.   On one cruise there were over 1500 elite and above.    Actually I don’t remember anyone checking if I was elite or above when entering.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We've never run into that.  Usually have seen fewer than 20 people there with table almost untouched.  

4 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

the vast majority of times, all guests are off the ship by 9:30/10 am.

While that is true, it only takes one passenger who either doesn't want to get off the ship, isn't ready to get off the ship, or still passed out to wake up to get off the ship to muck up the flow of disembarkation, and the transition to embarkation.

The decent thing to do is to get off the ship when you are expected to, not when you want to - especially when pushing the outer disembarkation timeline.

Posted (edited)

Sorry folks, if you don't like the fact I leave my cabin at 9:30am unless the cabin steward asks me to leave earlier, no sense wasting your breath on this one.  My post was about a lounge inside the Ft. Lauderdale terminal.  Many of you were kind to answer the question, thank you for doing so.  

Edited by Cruisegirl6
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Sorry folks, if you don't like the fact I leave my cabin at 9:30am unless the cabin steward asks me to leave earlier, no sense wasting your breath on this one.  My post was about a lounge inside the Ft. Lauderdale terminal.  Many of you were kind to answer the question, thank you for doing so.  

I think  the confusion is you referred to it as a departure lounge instead of embarkation lounge.  🤷‍♂️

Hppy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, miched said:

I think  the confusion is you referred to it as a departure lounge instead of embarkation lounge.  🤷‍♂️

Hppy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes, a huge mistake lol, have a great day.

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Never was involved in fact, many people were getting off in back of us, we weren't the last ones by no means.

Interesting.  On our last cruise by 9:15 they were paging passengers who were still on board.  Those doing a B2B met and had new passes issued at 9am and at this port were allowed to remain on board. 

• Haha 1

Disembarkation info received today on Reflection.

Note that there's a difference between being out of your cabin and off the ship.

P.S. No one's waiting in line for an hour. When our number is called, we get in line with that group and wait maybe 5 minutes to get scanned off the ship and head for our luggage.

IMG_20240322_170722.jpg

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 12:59 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

As a check-in agent I once had a passenger (pre pandemic) give me grief about where the special departure lounge was, along with the continental breakfast.  I tried to explain to him that amenity was on the morning they were departing the ship (disembarkation day), and not arrival day (embarkation).  He didn't really seem like he accepted my answer, but walked away chalking it up to 'another lie from the cruise line'. He certainly wasn't going to even entertain the possibility that he had been mistaken.

And honestly, when you think about it, any area actually set aside for special pre boarding seating or light refreshments is really only in use before the ship is open for boarding.  It may benefit upper suite level passengers from check-in at 10 am until 11:15 when they can board.  Once the ship is opened for boarding, all passengers want to do is get on to the ship.  Not even suite passengers want to stop by a dedicated lounge area for light refreshments rather than getting on the ship immediately.

Some suite passengers certainly DO want to stop by a dedicated lounge area for light refreshments before getting on the ship.  It was my first time in a Sky suite in Civitavecchia and you bet $5 of food and drinks made a positive impression on me.  

You can laugh at me but the boarding experience as well as the onboard experience was important in deciding to book another Sky Suite in December.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, nijh said:

On our last cruise it was 7.30!  Personally feel like this is a ‘thanks, now get off’ touch.  I remember when it used to be 8.30 and leisurely, but onboarding guests didn’t get their cabins until around 3pm.  Now  you can get them at 1.30 or before, but the debarkation morning is an early start and a miserable end to the holiday.

Wish they’d revert.

It's a catch 22 isn't it.  On embarkation day, I want to get on the ship as early as possible.  On disembarkation day, I want to get off as late as possible.  😁