Regal Princess Door Decorations

cruisepest

We've been sailing mostly on the Enchanted for the last 8 cruises and there were plenty of door decorations during Christmas. 

I think what you read about a total ban was a mistake to say it was fleet wide.

15 minutes ago, 555 said:

We've been sailing mostly on the Enchanted for the last 8 cruises and there were plenty of door decorations during Christmas. 

I think what you read about a total ban was a mistake to say it was fleet wide.

Per @cruisepest Posted Sunday March 24, 2024:

"

We just got home today from the March 17th sailing. We were greeted by our room steward on embarkation day and told we could not put anything on the outside of our door. We asked why and he said that he was told by his supervisor to tell guests to not put up any decorations on the door and he was instructed to ask the guest to remove them, then he was told to remove the decorations him self. We asked at guest services and were told that was a new fleet wide policy. We told guest services that this was not stated anywhere on the Princess web site and he just said it was a new fleet wide policy.

We saw quite a few door decorations up the first 2 days on board. Slowly they disappeared and by the end of the cruise all of them were gone."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps in the near future the only cabin and door decorations to be allowed are those provided by Princess, at a nominal fee of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

We were on the Regal for the 3/10 sailing.  We were not told anything about door decorations but then we seldom put up anything on our door.  This door was two doors down from our cabin and stayed on the entire cruise.

image.thumb.jpeg.4614d804e14c5b7dbb1929d61a4f11b4.jpeg

Edited by satxdiver
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Perhaps in the near future the only cabin and door decorations to be allowed are those provided by Princess, at a nominal fee of course. 

With an 18% gratuity charge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My comment. I only know that I disembarked the Ruby on March 23rd and there were door decorations on my deck. I will say that my wife had very low vision and that we always had to place something large on the door so she could locate the cabin. She could not read the cabin numbers and had no ability to read the medallion screens.

It seems like a bad call if true. One that is going to get lots of negative comments. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, like2cruise said:

On Regal now…did some inside deck walking on different levels and many-many doors decorated from cruising, love, and Easter themes.  

Curious - what kind of Easter themes?  Like bunny rabbits and eggs?

34 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Curious - what kind of Easter themes?  Like bunny rabbits and eggs?

Lots of bunnies (furry, bunny butts, lots of different ones), eggs, signs wishing Happy Easter and more!   I’ll post pictures if we go back by any cute ones.   

• Like 1

Well it LOOKS to me that at least 3 or more of us who have posted on this subject were on the Regal. I'm not saying this is the case, but from those (I did not read everyone's postings), but thank you RustySunshine for acknowledging what I had said, as you were on the same ship/date/deck. My thinking is on the Regal they did not enforce NOT having decals on the door, as some of the other ships might. Now we seen our room steward more than one time and if Regal didn't want it, I think Felix would have mentioned it before the first or second day was over on the ship.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 4:12 PM, like2cruise said:

Lots of bunnies (furry, bunny butts, lots of different ones), eggs, signs wishing Happy Easter and more!   I’ll post pictures if we go back by any cute ones.   

IMG_9005.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, puzzums said:

Are the doors magnetic so you don’t need to use tape?

Thanks.  Know what you meant.  You just need to bring magnets.  Magnetic doors would, however, be interesting.  Especially if you had a pacemaker!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, puzzums said:

Are the doors magnetic so you don’t need to use tape?

The cabin doors as well as the walls in all Princess cabin are sheet steel. 

Edited by 555

We were on the Regal for the March 24 sailing. Friends that were two decks down from us were told they had to take their magnets down. Our floor had lots of door decorations. I guess not all of the room stewards were enforcing the new rule. I asked ours and he said he hadn't heard anything about it. 

• Thanks 2