The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 29th, 2024

kazu

I have a question, and I dont ever leave the dailyites unless I go to a group that I cruised with in 2012, and they are Carnival people- so for fear of being called stupid-

the cabin i booked was for the least expensive verandah cabin.  Which are all on deck 8. I looked and there were only a few left, none of them were that great, either under the gym, or the pool.  And if i chose the cabin, i would pay 100 more, than if they chose the cabin.  So I let them choose the cabin.  Does this mean they can stick me in any verandah on the ship, or will I be on deck 8? because i chose the lower price...hmmm....

• Like 5

Not sure about HAL, but we booked on Princess and there were only guarantees available. We requested Aft or Mid-Aft and ended up with a cabin 5 from the bow. Ugh! We leave Tuesday and sail on Wednesday-Discovery Princess-so will know then how bad the cabin location is for us. But they'll still cook and clean so I will endure 😁🍸.

• Like 8

@SusieKIslandGirl I loved Carnival's small ships, lowest level, most forward port hole cabins. You do feel the ocean, which is what I love.  The higher up you go though, the more you feel the motion, but being in the front, you go up first, and the aft slams first.  (of course that is when there is bad weather.  Have fun on that cruise!    And you are right, but I dont mind the cooking, and I dont mind the cleaning, it's the dishes  that get me...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

the cabin i booked was for the least expensive verandah cabin.  Which are all on deck 8.

Did you book a guaranteed verandah?  If so, they choose your cabin, anywhere on the ship.   The least expensive verandahs  are the VH cabins located on deck 4 above the World Stage.  Next are VF cabins on that deck 4 and 8; they are the next least expensive.  We usually book the VF cabins on deck 8 aft.  This time we splurged for a true aft cabin on deck 8.  I like being able to run up to the Lido and the Seaview pool area.  I have never been bothered by being under the pool.  They do set up the chairs in the morning but I am up by that time.  I am out of the room when they take the chairs down in the evening. 

Edited by 0106
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, doobieb said:

I enjoy this conversation most every day, so today I am jumping in to participate! I think it was @kazu’s dog sitting issue that prompted me!   We have just booked our first BHB cruise since the pandemic (Oosterdam, Sept. 29-oct.10). Now I too need to go focus on dogsitting plotting. Thanks for all the kindnesses you all share with each other. I feel like I know you.

Debbie

Jump in as often as you like!   Glad to have you as a part of the community.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon and Happy Friday. Good Friday to all who celebrate Easter. 

Well, I took the plunge and booked the TA for November 2025!  As a solo. It will be my first solo overseas trip but I’m in very good company with some amazing Dailyites. Tina @0106, I finally did find one of the inside cabins available on deck 10 with the window but decided against it. I actually like not having a window since I’m a big nap person. I ended up midship on deck 6. I really wanted that large inside on deck 1 but I would hate being below BB Kings. 

Have a great day everyone!

I think the ones on deck 6 that you are talking about are considered large insides.  

34 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I have a question, and I dont ever leave the dailyites unless I go to a group that I cruised with in 2012, and they are Carnival people- so for fear of being called stupid-

the cabin i booked was for the least expensive verandah cabin.  Which are all on deck 8. I looked and there were only a few left, none of them were that great, either under the gym, or the pool.  And if i chose the cabin, i would pay 100 more, than if they chose the cabin.  So I let them choose the cabin.  Does this mean they can stick me in any verandah on the ship, or will I be on deck 8? because i chose the lower price...hmmm....

They can stick you anywhere they want.  The one time I did a guarantee it was for an ocean view cabin.  I ended up in an aft verandah.  Sometimes it works out!

• Like 15

Thanks for the HAL Fleet report and daily.

Thank you to @Quartzsite Cruiser, @RMLincoln, @Sharon in AZ, @StLouisCruisers and @bennybear for your kind welcome home messages.

@bennybear you asked where did we go on our Noordam 30 day cruise. We boarded in Auckland NZ 16 days to Sydney Australia, and 14 days back to Auckland. Originally looked for a cruise leaving from Auckland, then decided we may as well sail back to Auckland rather than fly. Were able to book the same stateroom for both cruises. 

The new Embarkation check in  was very efficient and quick.  Arrived at the terminal at 11.00, doors to the building opened at 11.10, walked in, were directed to the escalator,  then photos were taken,  security check, passport control, boarding passes were scanned, and walked directly onto the ship, at 11.23,  to wait in Lido for rooms to be ready   Only a few minutes after we sat down, the "rooms ready" announcement was made.. 

Dropped our carryons in our stateroom,met the concierge, located our table in the main dining room and re-acquainted ourselves with Noordam.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

There is no wordage of guaranteed

just let us choose, and this is what we got

Anniversary Sale Cruise Offer:

• The 45% off discount applies to cruise fare only and does not apply to Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses and is based off applicable launch fare on a space-available basis. Launch fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories.
  • Use up to $300 Onboard Credit for spa services, excursions and more while on your cruise.
    • US$25 per person (US$50 per stateroom) for guests booked on a 4- to 13-day cruise in an Interior or Ocean View stateroom
    • US$50 per person (US$100 per stateroom) for guests booked on a 4- to 13-day cruise in a Verandah stateroom
    • US$75 per person (US$150 per stateroom) for guests booked on a 4- to 13-day cruise in a Suite
    • US$50 per person (US$100 per stateroom) for guests booked on a 14+ day cruise in an Interior or Ocean View stateroom
    • US$100 per person (US$200 per stateroom) for guests booked on a 14+ day cruise in a Verandah stateroom
    •  US$150 per person (US$300 per stateroom) for guests booked on a 14+ day cruise in a Suite.
  • Book now with only a 50% Reduced Deposit to secure your reservation
  • Anniversary Sale Offer valid from March 20 – April 30, 2024.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wait, got it-so how soon before we cruise, we will most likely be in Spain by then.   With phones that dont work overseas. Guess we use the complimentary computer at the hotel?

STATEROOM TYPE:Verandah
Your stateroom is guaranteed. You will receive your stateroom details prior to departure.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Wait, got it-so how soon before we cruise, we will most likely be in Spain by then.   With phones that dont work overseas. Guess we use the complimentary computer at the hotel?

STATEROOM TYPE:Verandah
Your stateroom is guaranteed. You will receive your stateroom details prior to departure.

Usually you get your assignment two weeks to 7 days prior to the cruise. However, I’ve heard of people not knowing until boarding. I’ve only done a guarantee several times, most recently a year ago and had my cabin assignment about 10 days prior. 

Anout your phones, check with your provider, there might be some options. I have Att and use their out of country plan. I think it’s $10 a day with a monthly limit. It’s been a while since I’ve used it. For me it’s well worth being connected. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @erewhon  sounds fabulous!  How was the crossing?   I’m such. Fairweather sailor.  

8 hours ago, NextOne said:

Food for thought......!

Toilet update - one new one installed, then the plumber was called away for a family emergency. To return at noon tomorrow. I have the new one, but unfortunately he  had dismantled the one in DS's bathroom before he got the call. DS is NOT pleased! But he can use mine.... Such drama!  

LOL, I grew up with one bathroom for  four people. Now we have four for two, lol!,  

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Thanks @erewhon  sounds fabulous!  How was the crossing?   I’m such. Fairweather sailor.  

LOL, I grew up with one bathroom for  four people. Now we have four for two, lol!,  

@bennybear  The Tasman was well behaved on both crossings  for us,

Your bathroom situation is the same for us.....even though we have "down sized".!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wow! Angkor Wat did not disappoint but it took a toll on all of us. Walked over 4 miles of rock and uneven terrain and lot’s of steps with no rails. So glad we brought one walking stick each. Made a big difference. By the way the temperature was 36 C and humid. Those iced cold mentholated wash cloths given by our guide and iced cold water saved the day. We all were soaked. Great tour guide and the Cambodians are so polite, caring and friendly.

Currently relaxing poolside and a refreshing dip it was. Would post some pics but the I Phone is charging and pics have not transferred to I Pad.

We have a 5:30 AM pickup to witness sunrise over the temple. Fly back to Bangkok Monday morning. Thanks for all your post.

You all have a wonderful and joyous Easter Sunday weekend. Bruce

• Like 18

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, erewhon said:

@bennybear  The Tasman was well behaved on both crossings  for us,

Your bathroom situation is the same for us.....even though we have "down sized".!!

Nice!  So there is hope about the Tasman.   lol on the bathrooms! 

@aliaschief it must have been incredible,  but sounds exhausting!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Wow! Angkor Wat did not disappoint but it took a toll on all of us. Walked over 4 miles of rock and uneven terrain and lot’s of steps with no rails. So glad we brought one walking stick each. Made a big difference. By the way the temperature was 36 C and humid. Those iced cold mentholated wash cloths given by our guide and iced cold water saved the day. We all were soaked. Great tour guide and the Cambodians are so polite, caring and friendly.

Currently relaxing poolside and a refreshing dip it was. Would post some pics but the I Phone is charging and pics have not transferred to I Pad.

We have a 5:30 AM pickup to witness sunrise over the temple. Fly back to Bangkok Monday morning. Thanks for all your post.

You all have a wonderful and joyous Easter Sunday weekend. Bruce

Just a note to agree about all that. I was in Angor Wat about 12 years ago, and the heat and humidity is hard to explain! By the time the tour was finished I felt like a used washrag. But it was worth it.

Edited by YourWorldWithBill
added a bit.
  • Like 6